The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

National Hunt Chase 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 National Hunt Chase 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 335

Thanks Jack, that’s the first bet down, and it certainly won’t be the last.

I’ll definitely consider betting Ontheropes even more now

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17311

Palmers Hill entered up at Exeter on Friday, but current market vibes suggest I’ll be disappointed.

Hoping to see some positive signs though, and hope he fences well before I bet him.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2533

Sempo in a beginners chase on the weekend

Could be interesting in this

Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2735

Already on Galvin ages ago but the other one I really like is Five O Clock. The 33s for this is sure to be one that gets cut when Mullins ends up aiming the horse here. Which he surely will with the same connections having monkfish for the RSA.

33/1 – Five O Clock

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2533

Pencilfulloflead 31/1
    Latest exhibition 31/1

My first bets in the race

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 335

Now that Aione is t going here, I’ve went with two others from Mullins yard.

Five O’Clock 33/1
    Ontheropes 33/1

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17311

This has to be a serious target for Escaria Ten.

Decent run today at Thurles, and seriously considered him at 50’s before the off. Didn’t get a sniff of it during the race, as Bet365 withdrew him in running, and then missed the 33’s as well, other than in a few multis I had built.

If I want him in a single now, he’s best priced 20’s.

I think that’s a fair price still, but I’m trying my hardest not to have too many here. Seriously thinking about it though. I’d like a decent NRNB price though.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1747

Bit of a stretch (in more ways than one) but I’ve added Chantry House for this at 25/1. It’s no secret that this season’s novice chasers are a fine bunch and, given his below par effort the last day, it might be fair to think Shishkin, Envoi Allen, Monkfish and now Allart might want to be avoided.

While almost doubling the trip of last year’s Supreme third may be unheard-of, his class may be enough to see him home under a coaxing Derek O’Connor ride.

@TomBarkley87

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2943

Wow Tom that’s certainly outside the box lol.

Not only is he a massive price to end up here, he’s a massive price to be a competitive given Nicky’s sketchy record with chasers over a long trip (don’t have the figures in front of me, but remember it being highlighted for Ok Corral’s participation).

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1747

It certainly is Jack, although when you weigh up where his best chance of winning might be given the four novice chase options, this may well be it. On the flip side of that of course this may be his least likely destination, although at 25/1 I don’t mind tossing a couple of coppers at it :unsure:

@TomBarkley87

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1360

Surely If The Cap Fits has to go here after today’s performance? Looked like he wants 6 miles plus, even given the caveat that he was on a relatively speedy track.

Waiting for him to be priced up.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Cashed out Latest Exhibition. May lose the cash out option when it goes NRNB so had to make a decision.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1747

Still having crazy thoughts about Chantry House ending up here. Could really see him doing a Minella Rocco, ending up at Ascot for the Reynoldstown and steaming home late before letting Derek lob along on him over the further trip in March. Am I mad?

@TomBarkley87

PigsInBlankets
    Participant
    • Total Posts 64

6s available on Latest Exhibition NRNB Mike, which seems a fair price; can see him being shorter if he goes in this.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Cheers PIB but having to cash out at 25s, thinking he will more likely go RSA,and on Galvin at 14s. All these things considered I’m in no rush to back him at that price.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.