The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

National Hunt Chase 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 National Hunt Chase 2021

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17685

After a couple of weak renewals, hoping that it gets back to its best this season. Certainly relieved that it survived the chop yesterday.

Goes without saying that Monkfish looks a big player.

No major fancy right now, but the Gigginstown pair of Fury Road 16’s, and Column of Fire 25’s, look decent prices.

I’d have to have another look at Janidil over 3 miles, not 100% sold on this trip for him, but he’d be very interesting right now. With those concerns over the trip, and the chance that he’ll stay over hurdles, is enough for me to leave him alone at 33’s.

Assuming I’ve got my dates right, and they’d qualify for this, then two horses I really like, Early Doors 25’s, and Galvin 20’s, would be my main hopes right now. I’m surprised at the prices available on them. I’d be interested in betting the pair of them early, as if they still have their Novice Status, then the prices look big, and this would be the obvious target.

I have to add Andy Dufresne. Has entry for a Beginners Chase, and he really does look cut out for something like this.

Shortlist
    Andy Dufresne N/Q
    Galvin 20’s

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2745

I’ve already stated in the RSA thread that I fancy Fury Road for this but 16s seems a bit skinny.
    That said, he should win a couple of novice chases and shorten up for this and the RSA so 16s it is!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

Wont Fury Road aim for the RSA? Who else has Elliott got for the RSA?

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Is it 100% certain that Envoi Allen will go to the Marsh ? , I’ve played him a few times for the RSA already

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2123

Id say its very likely he goes marsh

Edit

On betfair elliot says he will likely be taking in similar races to samcro

So down royal and then the drinmore

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

It will be Marsh for Envoi. He may not ever get 3 miles. Unlikely to try it as a Novice.

• Total Posts 17685

Read a mini stable tour from Jonho yesterday, and I was interested to see that Tedham was going Novice Chasing. He’s listed by some firms at 50’s, but it’s another from the yard that was mentioned who’s going chasing, that really caught my attention…….

I’ve liked Palmers Hill since I first watched him, and for all he’s injury prone, he ticks a lot of boxes for me, and I’ll probably start betting him, even before I’ve seen him jump a fence. Very interesting for this.

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1280

Mossy Fen at 33s.

Rangy, chasing type and looks like a thorough stayer. Problem is connections may target the more prestigious RSA Chase; still, that applies to most of the horses listed ante post for this.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2745

Fair shout, Gladiateur. I was surprised they ran him in the Neptune when he’d looked a thorough stayer and had been a tad unfortunate over 3 miles at Cheltenham previously.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

Galvin 14-1

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

Fury Road staying over hurdles this season.

• Total Posts 17685

Took the 14’s Galvin once confirmed. I’d imagine he’ll be a fairly big bet for me, but that’ll be at much shorter odds once NRNB kicks in.

Andy Dufresne confirmed as going over fences, so both he and Palmers Hill will remain high in the shortlist too.

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1280

Another 33-1 shot: Cobbler’s Way.

Backed both of mine e/w.

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1280

Both Galvin and Mossy Fen are entered in the three mile novice chase at Cheltenham this Friday.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.