The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

National Hunt Chase 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 National Hunt Chase 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 738

Where did u read that Jack , be honest didn’t see that coming !, as I’ve said I was hoping they were going to look at his wind , it’s not that Galvin is a bad jumper he’s just not slick , at the festival i could see him losing half a length to a length at most fences , to be honest at this point I have him as the weakest favourite ….it’s early days

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2947

His stable tour in the RP and ATR.

Nobody saw that coming i doubt!

I’d have one or two weaker favourites out there definitely….considering nobody knows what will show up in this bar Galvin…hes for winning connections and is classier than their winner was at this stage last year.
    Not saying he’s still worth betting.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2551

Losing half a length to a length at most fences? Only if his jumping suddenly falls apart on the day (which can happen to any horse), not from the evidence yesterday.

His strongest part of the race was in the closing stages too which bodes well for the extra distance. Funnily enough I was watching the race on ITV and they described his jumping as economical rather than one with mistakes.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2551

Reading between the ‘stable talk’ lines it looks like The Big Getaway may be staying 2 a and a half miles rather than coming here at this stage.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2947

Because in the main it was. Not sure what HDLG saw that we didn’t. Yes he made a couple of errors but nothing too drastic. Hopefully they can iron out the odd error.

Where’s that from Mike? I’d be shocked if he’s not RSA bound at the least.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2551

I found some Mullins quotes online. Monkfish for RSA is the plan. Dont look like they wanna run them in same race as it stands. Last season he was saying TBG wasn’t finishing his races so not altogether surprised if they go Marsh.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2551

Another quote saying 3 miles. So who knows. They may run 3 miles in the campaign and go back in trip at Cheltenham. Guesswork at the minute.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 738

The point I’m making is that he,s built like a chaser , he,s ok but I just see better horses taking ground out of him come March , as I said it’s early days but I just don’t see him winning myself

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2554

Very interesting to see that Derek O’connor is jocked up on longhouse poet tomorrow

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17196

Couple of interesting ones for this out today….

A Wave Of The Sea
    Midnight Run

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2551

Added Latest Exhibition 25-1

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17196

I really didn’t want anymore on the shortlist for this, but with Janidil looking like going chasing, I’ve no option.

Have to be careful now, as it could get messy….

Galvin 14’s

Shortlist
    Andy Dufresne
    Janidil
    Palmers Hill

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3628

Ontheropes for this as soon as he’s priced up. Second season novice, good attempt to chase down Monkfish at the end today and to me he looked like he had a bit of a belly on him.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 341

Greenasgrass, I’d already bet Aione for this, but the run of Ontheropes couldn’t really be ignored. I would definitely consider him for this.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2947

FAO Autumnal

Aione
    7g Coastal Path – La Horquela
    Mrs S Ricci
    12110-
    RPR 143h OR 138h
    He won’t be out until the second half of the season, so we will keep him over hurdles when he does reappear. We’ll wait until next season to go chasing.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.