The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nassau Stakes

Home Forums Horse Racing Nassau Stakes

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    newyork
    • Total Posts 215

I would love to see her at the breeders cup ,she is some filly.

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Grimes watch the race again.You are far off the mark. Couldn’t be further infact. LS was NEVER boxed in. I just watched it again to be sure before replying to your post. She was on the outside but didn’t pick up when asked to. As at the Curragh she stuck on under pressure. Drifting over to the rail in the last furlong finishing 3rd.
    I think they summed her run up just right on RUK.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

I thought Light Shift was terribly disappointing. Mandesha ran a good race, but once again, Peeping Fawn proved she is the best middle distance filly in Europe at present.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Cian
    • Total Posts 81

I can’t believe the post-race comments of the RUK pair. Not a mention of the fact that Light Shift was boxed in until it was far too late!

"Ran a brave race, Light Shift to come third". Oh, really?

I’d be excited be excited if I’d lumped on Peeping Fawn, but for crying out loud! Surely, they have some responsiblity not to be so one-eyed that they misrepresent the way the race unfolded. Or rather, apparently, not notice and comment it.

Good God, were you watching the right horse. or even the right horse. Light Shift was given every chance and was beaten fair and square. If you look at JM, he’s holding on to PF and didn’t want to be in front.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Cracking performance from the winner. I backed Mandesha and have no complaints she ran right up to her best IMO Peeping Fawn was just too good.

I have seconditis at the moment. :roll:

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Cracking performance from the winner. I backed Mandesha and have no complaints she ran right up to her best IMO Peeping Fawn was just too good.

I have seconditis at the moment. :roll:

Maybe if the jockey hadn’t tried for a strange run up the inside Mandesha could of got a length closer but agree Peeping Fawn was too good for them all today.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

Well, I was certain that I was watching the right horse, but – pompous though it sounds – this is a subject I would much rather have been wrong about, and have made a fool of myself about, so thank you for setting me right about it. I thought she was moving left and right to try and find a gap, and gave up in the end.

I put the blokes’ after-race commentary down to youthful exhuberance, but it seems it was down to my own geriatric confusion. In case the lads concerned read these threads, I’m very sorry for unjustly berating you. Next time, I’ll watch for any other comments on the theme I have in mind, as a counter-check, before I hold forth.

It seems I was watching Don’t Dili Dali…. No. don’t say a word!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I backed Mandesha and have no complaints she ran right up to her best IMO

Where did Don’t Dili Dali and Sweet Lily find 10/12 lb of improvement from then? Peeping Fawn did it well but didn’t actually have to be near her best with Light Shift well below form and Mandesha getting an average ride.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I backed Mandesha and have no complaints she ran right up to her best IMO

Where did Don’t Dili Dali and Sweet Lily find 10/12 lb of improvement from then? Peeping Fawn did it well but didn’t actually have to be near her best with Light Shift well below form and Mandesha getting an average ride.

Don’t Dilli Dali hasn’t improved 10/12 lbs not on my ratings. Sweet Lily has put up a career best but she’s only young and entitled to be improving. Light Shift has run below her best mark but still probably to a rating on a par with her run at Chester earlier in the season.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Fair enough Flash, it seems we have very different opinions to the relative merits of Mandesha and Don’t Dili Dali. Sweet Lili has had a lot of chances for a horse still entitled to be progressing imo.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Soumillon shouldn’t be allowed near a carthorse let alone a Group 1 winning filly – shocking stuff from the "genius"

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.