The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Notebook Thread

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Notebook Thread

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14921

Not at all Kid, all codes welcome

Grass, Bailly definitely a good shout, and hopefully more to come tomorrow.

O’Toole
    It’s a stablemate of Gold Cup Bailly who I never got round to putting up, O’Toole. I’m surprised his last run didn’t get more attention. Put him up a couple of seasons back, and good to see the ability still there. Think he’s got a decent future, and two entries at the weekend.

Lovely Reaction
    Put him up on DLAP thread a couple of months back, as one who had an interesting profile. Lots to like today, not only the way he travelled, but also what he found at the end. Very promising sort.

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 660

Sir Robin running today at Newcastle looks an interesting long term prospect.
    This lightly raced individual is progressive and looks destined to at least make a smart handicapper.
    good luck to all

• Total Posts 14921

Ballyburn
    Nice performance in his P2P last time, and runs today at Punchestown. Looks just the type to do very well for connections.

• Total Posts 14921

Delighted with Ballyburn on Sunday, and though it’s not a race I really care for, had to bet him for The Bumper, for all I don’t think he’s a typical type to win that. I really like this horse

It’s long term I’m excited about with him now after that, and having seen that finishing kick twice now, I look forward to seeing it put to use over longer distances in the next few seasons. I’m already plotting out targets for him in the future. I’m sure connections will be delighted at that news.

• Total Posts 14921

High Treason
    Watching Ffos Las a week back, really taken by High Treason. He was the first beat heading for home, but he soon got the hang of it, and I loved how he finished.

He’s one I can see me definitely following, and really liked him. Be very disappointed if he can’t build on that, though more of a long term chaser I reckon (very poor on next run)

• Total Posts 14921

Delighted with Ballyburn there, and I’ll be well disappointed if he’s not the best Notebook horse I’ve put up (to be fair the competition ain’t great)

• Total Posts 14921

Kilcruit
    Well impressed today, and he’s on my radar for everything now. He must be a serious contender for The Galway Plate. He won with some amount to spare

Uncle Phil
    He showed a fair bit of potential too. No idea what they’ll do with him, but am interesting one alright

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7364

Going back to Pied Piper’s Flat days with John Gosden, and his decent showing in the Ascot Stakes for Elliott, d’you think they’ll target him at the stayers next year? Given he settles better now, likes Cheltenham and Teahupoo might not be quite good enough. No point in trying to win it as a 5yo, I think this year was marking time.

• Total Posts 14921

Definitely. There’s potential there with that horse no doubt. His run in The County was so unlucky, and a very interesting shout that. Can definitely see it

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7364

Hijacking your thread again Bobby- Lisnagar Fortune, half brother to Lisnagar Oscar runs today at Cork. I’m interested in where he will end up at the business end of the season- was running a nice race on deep ground at Tramore till a mistake knocked him back.

Not much of a price today so he’s in a 50p treble with Jourdefete and Pink in the Park.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7364

Well that wasn’t very impressive. He is a fine looking horse and was lobbing nicely with his head down to begin with, then his head came up, he ran scratchily and jumped awkwardly. Not that good or amiss?

• Total Posts 14921

Sorry for late reply Grass.

I (still) haven’t seen the race, but just the type he’ll no doubt get a tune out of at some point.

Been watching from the sidelines for a couple of months, but thought Trustyourinstinct and Biggles are worth a mention for this Flat Season

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 660

Feeling rather frustrated with Richard Fahey and his placement of MARINE WAVE who for me deserves another go at the minimum trip following her excellent second to Makarova last month.That was only her second try at the trip with her beating Radio Goo Goo in the other as a juvenile.Radio Goo Goo started this campaign on 72 and has progressed to a rating of 90 which looks to me that Marine Wave given normal progress and I believe the right distance worth another half stone above her current mark?
    good luck to all

• Total Posts 14921

Cheers Kid, I’ll keep an eye out for her next time.

Delighted with Biggles yesterday, and great to see one of my two notebooks land a big one. There’s enough go missing, so got to enjoy them when they come in.

• Total Posts 14921

Can see Trustyourinstinct making heavy weather of it in The Meld Stakes tonight. Too short a price for me, but very happy to be proved wrong, and hopefully another big performance to come here

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 660

Similar to my post back in July about Wave Marine we now have the same story as regard RAGE OF BAMBY who shows herself a sprinter of real potential over the minimum trip to once again be raised in distance to display a handler trying to make horses something they are not.
    Look out for this filly back over the minimum trip where I believe she belongs.
    good luck to all

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7364

What did you think of Ho My Lord’s chase debut behind Il Etait Temps Bobby? He started off held up as if he was going to just school round but I thought it was noticeable how he was jumping his way towards the leaders, making up at least half a length at every fence. Very nice and he’s only young. By Doctor Dino but there is a bit more stamina scattered about on the dam’s side.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.