James Doyle

Home Forums Horse Racing James Doyle

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Coggy 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2131

I don’t suppose being a good loser is considered an overly important quality in a jockey but in the beaten jockey mini interviews in the weighing room I’m impressed by how gracious and upbeat he is in defeat and gives interesting information about the way the horse has run. Seems a good horseman as well as good on camera, a good ad for the sport.

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1207

Spot on greenasgrass. Considering that he hasn’t got the easiest job in the world he seems a pretty intelligent horseman giving the viewer a good insight about the race and the horse. All the best to him for the future!

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8297

I liked the way he gave credit to his good friend and and fellow jockey William Buick, Blue Point’s regular rider, after winning the Kings Stand Stakes with a fantastically judged ride. He said that he had had to spend time getting to know the horse, as William knew him so well, and also how he felt for William having to sit on the sidelines watching instead of being part of the action.

Get well soon Mr. Buick, you have a great friend in James Doyle and I bet you never had a moments doubt that he would look after Blue Point and bring him home the winner. :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1220

Seems to be a good horseman and jockey.
    Also seems to be a decent chap into the bargain.
    Improving with experience too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.