The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ITV Racing

Home Forums Horse Racing ITV Racing

Viewing 17 posts - 1,820 through 1,836 (of 2,296 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

I’ve been busy at work today. Have ITV hailed Paddington as the best since Frankel yet?

Participant
    • Total Posts 3439

Although I’m not in favour of racing changing it’s schedule for women’s football, I thought Tuesday’s Goodwood meeting had a better look about it with the 4 best races in the middle of the meeting rather than the first 4 races of the day, as occurs for the rest of the week.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

I hope nobody at ITV is watching the Hundred, the wicket keeper is being interviewed by the commentators during play. Imagine having Chappers screaming in your ear when you’re trying to jump the last.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

Thankfully not having to tolerate AP but do miss Ruby Walsh his analysis is top notch.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

“Imagine having Chappers screaming in your ear when you’re trying to jump the last.”

Chapman would have to be riding Arkle, as he’d be doing four stone overweight.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3439

“I hope nobody at ITV is watching the Hundred, the wicket keeper is being interviewed by the commentators during play. Imagine having Chappers screaming in your ear when you’re trying to jump the last.”

Someone suggested a few months ago, think it could have been Chapman that jockeys and trainers should have communication with each other throughout a race.

About 20 years ago the BBC mic’d up jockeys during races. It was soon knocked on the head by the authorities when viewers heard Hayley shout to Frankie “Just give us a shout when you want to come out”, when he was tied up on the rails with nowhere to go.

Talking about The Hundred I see racing’s Chris Hughes got a telling off from the BBC for an inappropriate comment to a female cricketer.
    The womens 100 was the lead sports item on radio 5 this morning. Not even the scores but the fact that 2 of the games had been washed out without a ball bowled.
    How pathetic and desperate has the BBC become?

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

Oh for the day when your dad or grandad made an inappropriate comment and you just chuckled inside and moved on. Chris Hughes for gods sake. A nicer guy you couldn’t meet. I know the 70s weren’t perfect but I’d quite happily travel back in time to there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

What is it with ITV they love to drag up people’s personal tragedy they have done it before with Roger Varian. In his interview after the Nassau Chapman had to bring up the passing of his brother, why.

Participant
    • Total Posts 784

It was an uncomfortable few moments.
    Also the toadyness of our anchor about our King and Queen.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Agree with Refuse to Bend

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

Hazel Irvine, who is normally really good, did it to John Higgins at the snooker once. I really don’t like it, grief is a personal and private thing and if interviewees want to bring it up then it should be their choice. Highly intrusive and unprofessional I think.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Have to admit I did watch the Nassau head-on after the race on the ITV Racing Facebook page.

Muted – obviously! – but they do have their occasional uses.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2977

Agree with all comments on this. Also with Crepello on the toadying increasingly irrelevant royals.

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1611

Agree very much that dredging up bereavements and other person tragedies is inappropriate for an off the cuff sports interview.

ITV are far from alone on this, but they can always be relied on to overdo matters. There was similar discussion on this thread in relation to the sad passing of Jack de Bromhead late last year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2977

Roger V dealt with it with great dignity I thought, as we might expect. I wonder if he’ll be so willing to be interviewed by Chapman in future though. I think the good-humoured irritation Ryan Moore showed to Chapman has taken a more genuine turn since he pestered him about Josh’s illness (which, again, was unacceptable).

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

They did it at least twice with Christian Williams who has a very poorly daughter.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

Roger Varian is a lovely spoken man.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,820 through 1,836 (of 2,296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.