The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irons On Fire – 13.20 Lingfield

Home Forums Horse Racing Irons On Fire – 13.20 Lingfield

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ZamorstonZamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1113

Looking like another classic George Baker plunge…

Already gone from 7’s into 6/4 with Bet365.

Continuos ‘out the back’ efforts under the likes of Culhane and now able to race off 63 as opposed to 77 only 3 runs back.

Will questions be asked if this one lands the money and wins head in chest, especailly with all that went on earlier in the week?

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Probably, it’s a stone lower than when it won a fair maiden as as a 2yo, is down in class in a weak race with a couple of NRs already, has the stable jockey on taking 5lbs off and is being tried with cheekpieces for the first time – maybe the trainer knows something ‘dodgy’ like it’s been off colour for a while but is now running better and stands a chance in a poor race?

Looks like quite a few people have had a punt of £100 or so at 3 to 1 or worse on the exchange, no banks being broke here – maybe it’s the NH boys from Ditcheat deflecting the attention away from their ‘games’ in the big races, purely by dropping a few quid on something else and letting the markets and the sheep do the rest?

Not that I’m a conspiracy theorist or anything, it’s an AW race and clearly must be dodgy and it won’t stop until all AW racing is stopped.

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Beaten by a 53 rated animal that hadn’t won in 18 attempts – what’s the question?

ZamorstonZamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1113

I would be asking why the horse was put in a position never out of the first 3 and never more than a couple of lengths off the pace, as opposed to out the back and never in contention in any of it’s previous races.

Quite clearly trying like ya wouldn’t believe today, and unless I counted wrong I think there could be a holiday coming up for David Kenny aswell?

Didn’t bet in the race and in a way glad the gamble was foiled…

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Change of tactics with the new headgear and the opposition?

Loyalty has just won a cracking finish after totally fluffing a start in what looked a competitive race and Papa Caruso was punted in after a year off and some average form to win it’s first over obstacles – not many races you couldn’t raise some genuine questions over, probably it will mostly always be subjective.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I didn’t have a problem with the gamble as such, as form students, we should know enough about the game that a break, headgear and a plethora of possible future engagements before reassessed all pointed to the possibility of the horse doing better than he had previously this year.

However what I didn’t like was the ride, I’m not anti-whip by any means, but Kenny’s actions in hitting the horse with both excessive frequency and failing to give his mount time to respond is one of the ugliest acts of riding I’ve seen in a long time.

All credit to the stewards for handing him a 10-day ban, but I can’t help but feel that even punishments as severe as this will remain no deterrent to wilfully disregarding the rules should the end justify the means. In this case I suspect that Kenny was fully aware of the situation with regards the horse’s position in the betting and the likelihood that at stake was significantly more than first prize of £1,704.25.

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

Who now doubts racing’s integrity after this Saturday?

In the morning we had Paul Scotney in triumph on The Morning Line. In the afternoon we had David Kenny going beyond the call of duty for mere ‘lemmings’, as the great unwashed monoplised the action on a horse whose price was considered ludicrous by its trainer.

If anyone doubts Scotney’s thoroughness consider this: Irons on Fire, like too many of his stablemates to mention, has had enough time to rise up the ranks, fall on hard times under the rehabiltated Culhane and then be rejuvinated when the lemmings’ money is down, while Scotney ponders whether the trainer has a case to answer over flapping thirty months ago.

It’s no wonder British Racing is seen as a beacon of light for the sporting world.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.