The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

If only one finishes in 3 horse race

Home Forums Horse Racing If only one finishes in 3 horse race

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

:mrgreen: Horse racing betting guide ‘In races where a horse finishes alone, all forecast bets nominating that horse to finish first will be settled as a win single at starting price on the winning horse. All other forecast bets in the race are lost.’ http://www.horse-racing-student.co.uk/g … -rules.asp I produced my slip he said the bet was a loser, I asked for a copy of his rules he said they would’ent apply because his rules were framed before computer straight forecasts came out. But he said he would check on it, I asked how he said he would go to another bookmakers and say he had lost his slip and explain my bet to him. I said it says something simular in william hills rules and corals rules I asked where he would go he would’ent tell me thats because I dont believe he will check. He did say there was a body who would arbitrate btp something like that. He also sai8d there were no tote returns in the racing post but my daily paper gives an exata return of 8.49 and a tote return of 17.00. Can someone tell me the name of this arbitary body he mentions. Thanks.

seanboyce
    • Total Posts 255

You might want to remind him that if he does not have a full set of rules on display and/or available for you to peruse he is in breach of his Gambling Commission licence terms. I would imagine the consequences of that would be rather more expensive than paying you out. (unless it was a v large fc bet!)

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

The arbitration service is IBAS, as Sean said if he has not got his rules on display a "discretionary" payment would be to the bookmakers advantage. It all depends how much you like to wind each other up.

tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

:mrgreen: I’ll give him a couple of days to see if he comes up with anything. I’ll post back on Friday at 12 o’clock.

tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

:mrgreen: Spoke to local shops Corals manager he says they paid out on the winners price.

tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

:mrgreen: Well I’ve been to see him he says he’s checked up on it and some bookies paid the odds on it and some did’ent. I asked him what he was going to do and he said he was’ent going to pay which is what I expected. I said I was going to IBAS and asked for a copy of his rules which he gave me. I have read them they were made in 1976 well out of date and long before CSF came out and so the section on forecasts has no real relevent content.
    I have filled the form in and sent it off to IBAS. Can someone tell me where in the gambling act it states that bettingf shops must have a copy of the rules posted. Thanks.

PompetePompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Tony, if you go to the Gambling Commission’s website look for Licence Conditions and Codes of Practise – I think Section 24.

I would look for you but I can’t do PDF things on this computer for some reason.

Good luck with this and don’t give up.

PompetePompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Just found this on the IBAS website, FAQ’s section – which might be helpful HERE

I am a licensed gambling operator and deal with complaints when they arise, do I need a written complaints handling policy?

Yes. The Gambling Commission requires all licensed gambling operators to put in place a written complaints policy that should be made available to customers.

What rules should I display within my betting shop?

The Gambling Commission requires you to display ‘an accurate summary’ of your rules, including key rules concerning maximum payouts, voiding of bets and who to contact in the event of a dispute.

Do I need my own set of rules or can I use another firm’s?

At registration you will need to provide a comprehensive set of operating rules as the panel’s first point of reference in any dispute. You are free to adopt the rules of another company but obviously these would need to be modified to your own business model, reflecting your specific trading conditions especially in terms of company variables such as maximum payouts, etc.

tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

:mrgreen: Thanks for the encouragement Pompete I have just phoned IBAS to see if my form was in order they have told me they dont think he is a member but they are going to write to him and ask if he would like to join. So it seems he has’ent got a written complaints policy. Why would he ask me to go through IBAS then? I think he was bluffing he would have done better just to pay. Thanks to everyone who contributed I will post back when something happens.

RedRum77RedRum77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1549

Sounds dodgy to me. If treated as void you should get your stake money back. However technically you put on two bets A to beat B and B to beat A.

However what’s really a concern is would he pay up if you won big with him, I doubt it.

tontoe
    • Total Posts 24

:mrgreen: I got my money so I assume I have won my case on IBAS although I have not yet got a letter from them. He says he’s paying me as a goodwill gesture but I’ll wait and see what my letter says.

tontoe
    • Total Posts 24

:mrgreen: I seem to have two user names on this forum must have joined twice I am currently logged in as tontoe.

RedRum77RedRum77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1549

:mrgreen: I got my money so I assume I have won my case on IBAS although I have not yet got a letter from them. He says he’s paying me as a goodwill gesture but I’ll wait and see what my letter says.

By got your money, do you mean stake refunded (which means void bet) or winnings. :?

tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

:mrgreen: I gotr paid the full amount due on a 16/1winner.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.