The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

If only one finishes in 3 horse race

Home Forums Horse Racing If only one finishes in 3 horse race

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

:mrgreen: If only 1 horse finishes in a 3 horse race do I get paid for my forecast bet if I had the winner shammick boy 16/1 1/11/2011. I have an argumentive bookie I’de like to be sure before presenting my slip.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

:mrgreen: If only 1 horse finishes in a 3 horse race do I get paid for my forecast bet if I had the winner shammick boy 16/1 1/11/2011. I have an argumentive bookie I’de like to be sure before presenting my slip.

Everything I know would tell me you done your dough, same as if 2 finished in a four runner race and your second selection fell.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Check the rules, but from my days as working in a bookies, I think any forecast that has Shammick Boy as the winner should be paid as a successful winning forecast at SP odds. Certainly worth checking the rules of the bookmaker.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1571

With only one finisher and you having the winner, the rules used to be that you were paid at the horse’s SP less the betting tax rate. As its been a while since I worked in a shop I have no idea what the rules are now. I suggest you check the rules poster in shop.

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4567

If it was a Tote bet you would be paid a winning Exacta.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

If it was a Tote bet you would be paid a winning Exacta.

I could half understand that, but only if Sam Winner was the other horse in the bet that having been the last other one left standing.
    Had the f/c been SB to beat Menorah then that is clearly a loser in my books. I may be wrong though :?

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4567

I imagine it’s paid out on the basis of the winenr to beat either of the others. The point at which the others departed has no bearing. The dividend was £8.40.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I imagine it’s paid out on the basis of the winenr to beat either of the others. The point at which the others departed has no bearing. The dividend was £8.40.

If it was 8.40 then it looks like they just halved the dividend to pay ‘winner v both others’ out. £1 on the winner gets you £17, so I guess that they treat it like a d/h and halved stakes

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1571

Just checked on Paddy Power’s rules, winner to beat any other selection where only one horse declared as finished. Should be 16/1 to your Straight FC unit stake, no deductions.

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4567

If it was 8.40 then it looks like they just halved the dividend to pay ‘winner v both others’ out. £1 on the winner gets you £17, so I guess that they treat it like a d/h and halved stakes

Totepool rules state ‘If a horse finishes alone, the dividend will be paid on that horse with any other runner.’

tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

The exacta paid 8.40 he is only a small bookmaker but loves to wind people up by arguing with them I have checked William Hills rules and they say I should be paid the odds of the winner the other horse was sam something or other.The forecast was reversed but I only get paid once on the winninghalf of the forecast. He goes by William Hill prices when he’s asked for an anti post price so maybe he goes by there rules as well. :mrgreen:

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

I work at Coral, it is settled as a lose, however they often settle them as win singles, depending on the result, PR reasons etc.

tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

Rule no 12 http://help.coral.co.uk/shop_rules/gene … ting_rules says I get paid as a single win bet on the winner.

tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

I’ll take my slip along today at 12.00 o’clock I’ll post back. :mrgreen:

HimselfHimself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

My wife worked as a manager in bookmakers’ for years and according to her your bet is down.

Your other horse in the forecast fell during the race. You would have had a case had the horse been declared a non runner but it started the race and failed to complete the course – therefore you lose your money.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.