The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ideas for Modules for an Online Betting Course

Home Forums Horse Racing Ideas for Modules for an Online Betting Course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Empowerer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2

Hi There,

I wonder if I could ask for your help.

In the next 4 to 6 weeks I am going to create an online course to teach people how to make profits from betting on flat racing in the UK.

The course will consist of 18 to 20 modules covering different aspects of the game ( going, distance, trainers etc)

I want to make the course as comprehensive and helpful as possible and would be grateful for any suggestions as to topics that could be included to improve profitability.

Any suggestions however esoteric would be welcome.

Kind Regards

Empowerer

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 91

Just a suggestion – a comprehensive look into breeding would be useful. With lightly raced animals with little racecourse form I find it informative. Obviously with well-seasoned oft-raced handicappers it becomes less relevant.

Good luck with the project.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3610

Do we get paid commission for our suggestions?

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1799

Sorry, I’m a bit deaf in that ear.

Oh, and in the other one too.

Empowerer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2

Thanks for that

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3610

You want our knowledge for free so you can make money and you’re surprised when you get nothing :wacko:

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1799

Indeed.

With the best will in the world I am struggling to see why anyone would want to give away on a public forum any edges they have grafted hard for many years to learn.

All the best punters I know keep their cards very close to their chest.

Real knowledge has a value.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25160

Impossible but good luck
    if you could constantly make profits from betting on flat racing why would you waste your time teaching others as you wouldn’t need the money.
    gambling has to be a selfish discipline imo

Member since March 2008
    IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1799

“gambling has to be a selfish discipline.”

THIS. ^

It’s an utter myth that it’s punters v bookies.

It’s punters v punters, dog eat dog, and if everyone starts doing the same thing you’re doing as a punter all your value will disappear.

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 410

Hi Empowerer. I’m assuming you are looking to monetise this course, so have a fair degree of sympathy with the comments made above by others.

That said, I could perhaps see how a course could provide the building blocks for a thorough understanding of betting to help someone get up and running at least. I’m not convinced there’s likely to be a lot of money in it though! Good luck

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 513

A problem shared is a problem halved as the old adage goes. The same might very well be said about the profits from a winning system.

Few, if any, pro punters are members of the Magic Circle but they no doubt abide by the same code of never revealing their secrets.

In fairness to the OP though, he does ask for ‘topics that could be included’ rather than how to use them to your advantage. I can for example explain the concept of value (topic) but almost nothing about finding it (how to use it). You may get some examples of the former, probably not the latter.

All the best with it.

rollotommasi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 75

A statistics professor from Rutgers has recently run an online seminar on this topic it might give some food for thought, Bill Benter was a guest lecturer.

Details on the curriculum are here: https://analytics.bet/
    promo video here: https://youtu.be/M8gslQAx9f8

Like most of these things its the independent thinking you do following on from the basic topics introduced on any course which will likely be of most value

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

First may I say welcome to TRF
    I’m sure everybody has heard all the old sayings about bookmakers whether you are a betting man/woman (I wouldn’t want to be called sexist ……lol) a lot of people don’t understand how a bookie works,makes his book what ever sport they are offering prices about.Perhaps this may of interest to people who really wish to get to grips with the nitty gritty of betting?
    good luck to all

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8966

Modules

1. Understanding odds and probabilities
    2. The mathematics of betting
    3. An introduction to horse racing
    4. Different types of races explained
    5. Race reading
    6. The importance of various factors
    7. Creating a tissue and finding value
    8. Bank management
    9. Different types of bet and betting platforms
    10. Placing bets and getting on
    11. The psychology of successful betting
    12. The golden rules

There you go

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8966

However, Empowerer, if you don’t already know what modules need to be included and how the content should be structured are you really sure you are the right person for the job?

Just asking like…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.