The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Huxley Stakes 2024

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Huxley Stakes 2024

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7671

PASSANGER 9/2 Paddy power

This lightly raced 4yo from Stoute yard end season with win at Windsor and type of horse
    Stoute do well with.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7671

Bump

Participant
    • Total Posts 1686

Good price Darren, I took the 3’s which is best price now. Perfect ground for him, plenty to like about his last race as the runner up was a close 2nd in an Aussie group 1 next time. Stoutey is 0-7 from last 2 weeks but a fair few of them have been running well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1357

Im a big fan of Israr, and I expect him to be very close. I’ve bet two selections in each of the later races though, and don’t want to do that here, so I’m going with the one that I like at a bigger price with Regal Reality 12-1 ew

Participant
    • Total Posts 1583

A punt on Channon’s Certain Lad 12s.

Looks a very competitive race, so only a small wager because i just have to.

Best of luck to all :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31926

Am on Passenger too, as he’s probably a Group 1 horse in the making.
    Israr could be a Group 1 horse if he wanted to be, but doesn’t. Hence the blinkers.

If those two don’t perform then the fav’s stable companion Regal Reality is getting on in years but was as good as ever last year. Albeit doesn’t win very often. Might need the run but at the price is worth chancing.
    Want to be against Royal Rhyme on this ground.
    Hans Anderson’s form isn’t – or at least not yet – up to this level. I’d oppose him at the bookies 7/1 but 11/1 exchange price may be worth a saver as he’s an AOB that has had a run this season.
    Johnny Murtagh is in good form but can’t see Mashhor being good enough. Same for Channon / Certain Lad.
    Sunchart seemed to run a pb on reappearance, but much more is needed here and that was on vastly different ground. If he wasn’t Irish could see him being a non-runner.
    Don’t understand why Oviedo is so big in the market. Progressive in handicaps last season. Culminating in being beaten only just over a length in the Cambridgshire as a 3 year old off 9st 3lbs. If improving just 5 lbs would have a great chance here. Fitness might be an issue first time out, but Bethell is in very good form.

Have backed Passenger 5/2, Oviedo 14/1 and Regal reality 16/1.

My 100% Book:
    2/1 Passenger
    9/2 Israr
    9/1 Hans Anderson
    9/1 Oviedo
    10/1 Royal Rhyme
    10/1 Regal Reality
    16/1 Mashhor
    22/1 Certain Lad
    100/1 Sunchart

Value Is Everything
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7348

Hans Anderson at 7-1 for me, I think he was reasonably well thought of before the wheels came off last year. He took his time to get past the leader on reappearance run, but I think Moore was trying to win without giving him a hard time and he should have come on a lot. Physically he looks quite well developed and should appreciate the ground.

GM23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Anyone know why Moore isn’t riding today?

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3709

Moore is serving one day of a two day suspension he was given for careless riding at Sandown two weeks ago. I’ve no idea what the rules are these days that allow him to choose the days when he doesn’t ride.

“An enquiry was held to consider interference approaching 2 furlongs out involving ENDOSSER (USA), unplaced, ridden by Ryan Moore, the winner, GOODWOOD ODYSSEY, ridden by Kieran Shoemark, and MONSIEUR MELEE, placed fifth, ridden by Oisin Murphy. Daniel Tudhope, the rider of PREPSCHOOL (IRE), placed third, was also interviewed but deemed not to be involved. Moore was suspended for 2 days for careless riding as he allowed his mount to drift right-handed when insufficiently clear causing Shoemark to take a check and Murphy to be briefly tightened for room on the running rail.”

GM23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Thanks

Participant
    • Total Posts 31926

First race beat Racing Post Standard.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1686

Barely broke sweat. Went off 2nd fav :wacko: :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31926

Easy winner, in course record time.

Passenger is a Group 1 horse.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1686

As long as the ground stays on the better side. Maturity and class could change that angle but would need some proof of that.
    9/1 with Ladbrokes up for grabs Prince Of Wales Ascot. Tempting.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

Excellent early call Darren

And well done to botchy on the big ante post prices for the Prince of Wales and eclipse

He now looks the main challenger to King of Steel to me

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7671

Passenger won very well so happy with him

All 3 of my ante post bets deliver at Chester

Point Lonsdale 5/1
    Capulet 11/2
    And this horse

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 946

Reminds me a lot of his old man who was one of my favourite horses of recent years and he preferred top of the ground too but he posted some very respectable efforts on softer ground too over 12F which probably stretched him, placed in a King George and an Arc. Much like his dad Passenger really seems to have grown up as a 4yo and the division is there for the taking I’d not be afraid of King Of Steel but then who knows what will emerge from the various Derbies. I need to go back and watch Ulysses cantering all over the Juddmonte International field (I think) again now I’ve wrote that.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.