The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fave drinks

Home Forums Lounge Fave drinks

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Stella is down to 4.6%. Like piss water these days mate.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 1750

Very true TTC but the wife is a lot healthier…………… (just kidding)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

:good: :good: :good:

BUY THE SUN

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

If you like a stronger lager mate, some of the Polish ones are smart. Perla Black is a lovely drop, but not too many at 8%. Perla Green is a more manageable, but doesn’t taste as ‘full’.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 8076

I do not like coffee either. A nice cup of tea is a different matter but I seldom drink more than two cups a day.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I’m boringly predictable with my tea – first thing in the morning it’s let the dog out to have an empty out and I’ll make a mug of Earl Grey to take back to bed with me.

Late morning is a mug of either Orange Jaipur or black tea with orange and cinnamon.

Mid-afternoon a mug of Twinings No 9 and bedtime is a herbal tea either valerian or lemon / ginger.

We do have a pack of plain ordinary PG tips but that’s only for visitors and we invariably end up throwing the pack away before it’s finished because it ends up being years past its use by date.

Can’t drink coffee – makes me throw up for some reason, although I love the smell of it.

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4452

My one weakness is for Lemonade, not the clear variety. Soon as I drink some I want more. Also like milk, semi or full fat but not skimmed. If I don’t get my milk I’ll only be good enough to play for ACCRINGTON STANLEY . :whistle:

Don’t like Root Beer, though as one day went over to Canada and tried some, but found it not to my taste.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

A bottle of Dog which has been stood upright in the freezer for about 70 minutes. Obviously served in a chipped half pint glass and a smidgen of bright red lipstick around the rim. Lovely :yes:

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2619

On the non-alcoholic front it’s black tea, no sugar or good old fashioned Adam’s ale for me when I’m at home. I’ll drink espressos in a cafe with an (un)healthy dose of sugar. Can’t stomach the usual buckets of coffee that most people like and I flat out refuse to pay £2+ for a cup of tea that is identical to what I can make at home.

As for booze, I like a whole variety of things. I can sink pints of Guinness till the cows come home so that’s my drink of choice for a long session. Being in the south west, there’s a lot of good ale and cider about so I’ll drink those when out too. I’ll happily drink wine of any colour as well as sparkling and a good G&T is a wonderful thing. Plymouth and Roku (from Japan) are my favourites.

Another vote for Polish lager too, they may be famous for vodka but the beers are bloody good too. Few come in under 5.5% so ideal if you don’t like the usual watery rubbish.

Won’t and can’t drink tequilla, I had an argument with a bottle of it about 10 years ago and lost badly, never, ever again.

Hic.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7621

Thing is Ginger the sugar tax has ruined drinks like Lucozade and Irn bru they taste so different I never drink them again. Sugar tax one of worst things to come in

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

Not sure many people will agree with you about preferring to have more sugar back in those drinks, Dazza

Participant
    • Total Posts 5646

My drinking habits would take over half an hour to divulge. It would also include monkeys, so I will pass due to the hour

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7621

Thing is Tank look at Red bull and Coca-Cola both of them kept the same amount of sugar in there drinks Red bull already had a diet Red bull drink out before the tax come in. And both of those brands keep soaring while Lucozade and Irn Bru go down that says it all. As people it up to us what we want to drink no one forces people to drink the old irn bru or Lucozade it our choice and sadly got took away.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

Fair play. I’ve not really looked at all the facts about it as it doesn’t impact on me.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31534

sugar can be addictive, Darren. Just as alcohol and nicotine.

Just as nicotine and alcohol are; Sugar is a massive problem for the NHS and the country – and guess which one is growing fastest – due to diabetes and / or obesity.

People and manufacturers need an incentive to use less sugar.

If you’re not drinking Irn Bru or Lucozade as much, that’s a good thing for you – even though you may not see it that way. Just the same as drinkers and smokers once didn’t see the justification for their taxes.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8076

“(If you drive a car) I’ll tax the street
    (If you try to sit) I’ll tax your seat
    (If you get too cold) I’ll tax the heat
    (If you take a walk) I’ll tax your feet
    (Taxman)”

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Water for me, can’t beat it.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.