The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dublin Racing Festival- The Review

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Dublin Racing Festival- The Review

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17330

Me neither Jack. I’ll give it a watch……but that’ll be it.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

I’m yet to take a proper look at the flat with what’s been going on, but with the resumption confirmed i’ll have to get my finger out.

In the meantime, i thought this of all the horses to follow lists i’ve seen, this was a decent one, with plenty in there that won’t be on everyones lists. Fran is a very good pundit.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/fran-berry-30-to-follow-in-ireland/179246

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

Finally decided to take a look at the racing from last with a view to this year.

Due to the fact i like Cloak of Spirits for the 1000gs i decided to start with the 2yo fillies and in the main the ones racing in Ireland.

The race Passion won at Cork on the 1st of September to me looks a relatively strong piece of 2yo filly form. Passion had a run, shaped nicely and won here comfortably. Passion went on to run at Doncaster in the May Hill. She probably was never going to win that race when watching back, but there’s no doubt she was impeded by Cloak of Spirits, and Ryan Moore stopped any sort of effort after that. For a filly related to notable stayers such as Capri + Cypress Creek, i don’t believe she’d have had the turn of foot to do any damage and i can see why he stopped riding her. Given that pedigree i think she might be a potential oaks filly. Given the disposal Aidan has, it’s possible she won’t make that rank in his yard, and she could end up a version of Peach Tree from last year, whereby she wasn’t deemed good enough and ran over further. However, i’d be hopeful she’d be worth following.

From the same race, Lemista finished 5th well beaten, she won next time out, and has since reappeared and won the g3 Park Express Stakes, this is a nice boost to the races form and makes me look at the 3rd and 4th as fillies to follow.
    New York Girl was very eye-catching after having showing inexperience before the race, and in the race. She ran on nicely + has since won the Weld Park Stakes g3 on her 2nd start. Form gets even better! I like the look of this filly for Joseph, and i think she’s the type he could do well with this year. Has a Irish 1000G entry. She’s a daughter of New Approach, and the way she shaped in that race, on heavy, she might end up more of a middle distance filly. Time will tell, but i’ll be watching her.
    The 3rd was Amma Grace. She went off favourite vs Passion and this was her debut. She has a lovely pedigree Galileo out of Polished Gem which makes her a sister to Falcon Eight (real stayer but good OR109), Search For A Song (very good 116 as a 3yo winning Irish St Leger) and closely related to Free Eagle (Very talented G1 winner OR123) and Custom Cut (Ran 74 times!highest OR117). So she’s bred to be very good and will probably be a middle distance filly to watch this year. She won her maiden in ok fashion.

In the G3 New York Girl won, i noticed from the replays Murtagh’s filly Know It All. The sire i had never heard of, but he produced Almond Eye! The thing i noticed about Know It All was her sheer size, she looks a big filly and Murtagh mentioned this in his quote about her when she won her maiden. She looked the winner that day, but got caught late on, maybe the heavy ground didn’t help as she was in the lead for sometime. Before that she finished 3 1/2L behind Alpine Star in the Debutante stakes. She wasn’t looking the winner at any stage, but that is top 2yo filly form. Given her size i wouldn’t be shocked if she progressed this year, and surprised a few. Given she was beaten at graded level last year, i think she might go overlooked by some.

Even though this is meant to be a 3yo fillies section, i’d like to add a horse that finished behind a 3yo filly (Lemista) on reappearance- Hamariyna. She had some nice 3yo before blowing out when found to be under the weather. She went off 9/2 that day and that wasn’t a weak listed race. She had the 4yo weight vs Lemista and was only beaten 3/4l. By Sea The Moon i think she could do well for Halford in the older middle distance fillies races.
    I swore i’d stop there, but looking at Halford reminded me, he as a very nice filly to go to war with in Ridenza. She also had Lemista in behind. I’d be shocked if she’s not a graded filly, possibly of G1 level. Sired by Sea the Stars, her dam is also Raydara, and she won a G2 as a 2yo and she went on to run a G1 level as a 3yo. I’d be very excited by her.

Longer than i expected but that’ll do for now :good:

• Total Posts 17330

Good stuff Jack, be good to get back up and running.

I won’t keep this promise, but I promise to never moan about the quality of the Racing between The Punchestown Festival & Royal Ascot ever again.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

Haha Bobby! I’m the same very much looking forward to racing getting back on. Even behind closed doors, i’ve seen some moan that it won’t be the same, but don’t really see it. Only issue we have now is, all these big races coming at us thick + fast, and how do we trust their fitness?? I guess they will be putting the boot in proper now they know the G1s are coming quickly.

*On a side note, reading the RP this morning. Halford update on Ridenza:

“Ridenza fractured her pastern on the night she won her maiden at Leopardstown, she was lame walking out of the parade ring and went straight to Troytown [veterinary hospital] for surgery.

“Thankfully she’s had a very good recovery and has been training really well. We’re very happy with her.

colosus68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 151

One word
    PINATUBO

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

What’s this in regards to Colosus?

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

Passion– She ran a decent race in the Ribblesdale without looking overly progressive. She will probably be placed well by her trainer somewhere in Ireland to pick up black type. I’d say she falls into the “Peace Tree” category that i mentioned above. Not his top drawer but that’s still a decent filly.
    New York Girl – Well, Peaceful looks a filly of the highest order. Fancy Blue will have went into many a notebook running on. However, i think this filly’s 4th was highly promising as well. She ran very nicely on the firmest ground she’s faced. She didn’t stop at the finish + received a few bumps when trying to make room for a run. Given it was her 3rd run and a lot of JOB’s have needed their runs, she’s very much still in my horses to watch. Iridessa finished 4th in the same race but beaten 6Ls, had 2 runs already + 2 more runs as a 2yo. Some cut + maybe 10f and i think NYG could well be up to winning G1s this year.
    Amma Grace Weld’s have been needing their runs so far, she wasn’t that week in the market considering and i thought she ran a race full of promise before tiring late on. Worth watching still.
    Know It All Beaten by Love Locket who didn’t exactly flourish at Ascot (unfancied). She shaped again very well after finding some trouble. Murtagh is flying now! I’d fancy her to have a good season.
    Hamariyna This is one i’m torn on. Lemista backed up the form by winning again, whereas Hamariyna was thrown in against a proper hardened rival in Magic Wand. She ran respectable without looking capable of a lot more. Lightly raced, and jockey said she hung under pressure, possible G/F isn’t what she wants? I’ll watch her.
    Ridenza Still to run and i can see why, given a bad enough injury, throwing her straight into a Irish 1000G on G/F probably isn’t right. Whether she gets to the level she looked she might do, i don’t know. I hope so as she looked very good on debut.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

A potentially very hot Derrinstown with 3 of my fillies all facing off. You’d really want to take the bridesmaid So Wonderful on, but it’s hard being sure who with! Ridenza was probably the one i liked the most out of the 3, but she’s the one coming back from a setback. Hope they all run well anyway.

• Total Posts 17330

Nicely done Jack, getting three of them in The Derrinstown.

Hopefully they do you proud. Hot looking race right enough.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

Know It All really does look a filly + a half. Better with the ground i reckon, and a huge filly. She dwarfed Jessie’s in second.

Ridenza shaped lovely on her reappearance + was well supported.

Amma Grace dropped back to a mile shaped like she’d be better over further. I was surprised that Weld decided to put her back in trip given her pedigree. She’s not finished yet i reckon.

A bit annoying a lot of these fillies are running in the same races, but that was always going to be a problem with the congested fixture list + the fact they are all 3yo fillies, but sure.

• Total Posts 17330

Well done Jack, always good when a Notebook horse lands a decent race.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

It is Bobby, i have high enough hopes for all 3, hopefully now they will get to find their own races + not have to clash as much! Perhaps Amma Grace being stepped up in trip will help that, mind you she seems keen + needs a hood to load, so that might be the issue there.

With Love looking to fly the flag in all the top races this year, hopefully each of the 3 will get their chances to win graded/listed races moving forward!

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.