The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dublin Racing Festival- The Review

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Dublin Racing Festival- The Review

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17028

Should also add that I wasn’t put off of Any Second Now for Aintree either.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

It was. I was worried going into day 2 there would be a lot of non runners, but the ground actually seemed to go the other way which was good.

Yep YRMU is interesting going forward, has some nice form in the book. He’s up 4 to 129.

Gallant John Joe is definitely one to keep onside, close bros perhaps?

I’d of liked to see Al finish (obviously lol) my only worry with him is does he travel well before finding little?

I’d agree with AWOTS- i think a strongly run Triumph which it is likely to be, will be right up his street.

Would Shanwalla have to improve on his mark to get in to the race though? Having looked at the past few runnings?

My other one i forgot to mention was Fan De Blues- massive run on his 2nd start in Ireland, ok he had plenty of runs in France but this is new surroundings etc. Some punt on him as well and ran well for such a long way. I’ll be backing him next time as long as his price is ok. Finishing 7th he remainings on 125.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

• Total Posts 17028

Yeah, that punt on Fan didn’t go unnoticed.

I’m no sure about Gallant John Joe for Cheltenham, does McKiernan ever send anything across? He’s proving good to follow, had some nice results from him this season, he’s doing well with what he’s got. I’ve switched from John Ryan to him.

Touch and go for Shanwalla, but I like how he’s got him qualified.

The other one I forgot to mention was Emily Moon who was on my shortlist for Sunday, and mentioned by yourself as well.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1392

I fancy the chances of fury road to turn around the form with the others at Cheltenham

If you look at all the times compared to standard that race was run miles slower than the others (22 seconds slow compared to 5-11 slow in the others)

It basically turned into a sprint at the end and fury road simply got outpaced before plodding on

Davy russell also took him on a tour of leopardstown getting stuck 4 wide most of the way around

For me the longer trip and end to end gallop of the Albert bartlett will play much more to fury road strengths and I am very much considering adding him to my ramses de teille bet

I see those two as the out and out stayers who will be staying on past the speedier more fancied types at the end of the bartlett

He was my main eye catcher over the weekend and 20/1 looks a massive overreaction to me and I think iv just talked myself into a bet

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1392

Another thing worth noting is how much slower the times were on sunday compared to saturday

It’s likely they over watered after trainers threatened to pull horses out

This could mean that horses that ran on the sunday had quite hard races on sticky watered ground and that may have left a mark on them

I’m especially thinking of a fragile horse like faugheen more so than a delta work

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

@Bobby- Don’t think he does send many over, to be fair i can’t think of to many he has had that would’ve been deemed good enough! I’ve just checked the stats- he hasn’t had a single runner in the UK in 5 years, but in his “all time” stats hes had 14 cheltenham runners. Fingers crossed it’s been down to a lean few years rather than a change of tactic.
    Shanwalla runs tomorrow over 2m4, its a tough, small field!
    @FF- i’ve commented on Fury on your thread without knowing you had commented here lol. He is surely better than that anyway. I like Cobblers from that race myself!
    Yes i noticed that too, it did look like some were more “all out”. Faugheen will be one i’ll take on wherever (if) he goes to Cheltenham. Love him but agree i think he might just find one too progressive. Easy Game ran a stormer, Allaho would be another!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1392

I remember patrick Mullins saying that no horse of theirs would come on for the run more than allaho

So his run behind easy game now looks very good form if you assume significant improvement from allaho

• Total Posts 17028

I’ll be watching Shanwalla tomorrow for sure Jack.

• Total Posts 17028

I think I can safely leave him alone after that Jack.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

Yeah i’d say so. 14 races since debuting at the end of July is steep enough! Even if the trainer has said he thrives on racing! Maybe needs some time off!

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

Project Half The Odds continues today. 3.29 at Gowran all being well. Ground will suit her, but there are a few at the top of the market with very strong beginners chase form. She could run into a place and in theory you could argue she should be a few points shorter, but i’ll be leaving her until she shows she can finish her races. Anyway, i think handicaps will be her game probably in time. Should get a mark after here too…..Just a pity the ground might work against her in the spring but we’ll see.

• Total Posts 17028

Jack, going to chance Emily Moon tomorrow at the 25’s.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

Sorry Bobby didn’t see this; probably jsut one for a handicap! Hopefully they find one for her in the spring!

• Total Posts 17028

Yeah hopefully Jack, usually the time for the yard to really hit top form.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

She’s declared tomorrow in a beginners chase which isn’t what i expected!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.