The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dancingwithbubbles

Home Forums Horse Racing Dancingwithbubbles

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Is it me or did Channel 4 call this horse the winner? I thought I saw the horse after the race with the winners caption underneath. I’m not sure cos I was doing cartwheels in celebration round the sitting room. I just looked up the results and saw it was second. Poor on channel 4’s front IMO :(

llanrumneyboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 124

Crizzy,

I just beat you to it. But you did see right, although you may have been upside down at the time. I must try this new technique, but i’ll probably fall through the TV.

LlanrumneyBoy

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Didnt have a bet myself but on first watch it looked like a photo and the near side looked the most likely.

Just hope Simon does not get affected for this next week

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

I do cartwheels when I think I’ve won £160. A lesson learnt. At the end of the day the horse lost so I can’t complain about that :?

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

what way did ruk call it?

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I think Mike Cattermole called it a photo on RUK, or at the very least, didn’t come out hugely in favour of one mare over the other.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Lesley Graham thought Re Barolo was an Italian raider.

Sickening.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I sympathise. I used to think that apartheid was a headache remedy.

And that Harry Connick Junior was an infant school.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

I assume she wouldn’t have made the same mistake had it been Luca Cumani, rather than Marco Botti that trained it.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

RUK couldn’t make their minds up, they just said the camerman thinks he knows

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

To be fair, Re Barolo is an ex-Italian horse (today 3rd British start) trained by the son of Italy’s most famous trainer. It’s a mistake easily made by Lesley Graham. I’d have been properly shocked had messrs Hoiles, Holt or Luck made such an error.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

But the son of Italy’s most famous trainer has been training here for a while now, in the town where she used to live, and with some considerable success……….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.