The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Coronation stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2022 Coronation stakes

Viewing 4 posts - 52 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 31539

I actually disagree with Homeless Songs’ trainer, LD. I believe she’s already proven on pretty much true good-firm. The Irish Guineas (officially Good to yeilding) was imo nearer good-firm. Alenquer on the same day put up a time beating Racing Post standard by over a second.

It’s just that I believe Inspiral’s form is slightly better and her turn of foot may be best suited by a sound surface. Whereas although Homeless Songs has plenty of speed it’s more of a prolonged sweep past her field, which may be more effective than Inspiral’s turn of foot on soft / heavy.

They are two very special fillies.

Value Is Everything
    LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2882

GT – Question for you, do you think that Homeless Songs turn of foot may now have been exaggerated by the fact that both the second and third she went past that day improved when stepped up 4F to win and be 4th respectively in the Oaks?

For me Inspiral was taking on what seemed to be true milers today and with two smacks went by them like they they were standing still – if there was ever a clash I could envisage Frankie sitting on Homeless Songs tail letting her take him deep into the race before unleashing her about 1.5F out to sweep by. .

Do agree that they are both special fillies – fingers crossed circumstance don’t get in the way of us finding out who is the best and maybe either one can go on and be Frankel’s highest rated filly.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31539

Certainly don’t think the Irish Guineas had much strength in depth LD. Just 1 1/4 lengths between 2nd and 6th suggests the second and third put up worse performances than the average Guineas second and third. However, to win by that margin still means she’s a bloody good filly. Tuesday a few pounds below her English Guineas form before improving again to win the Oaks. If wanting to pick one horse to judge the form around then Concert Hall is as good as any. Beaten 6 lengths by Homeless Songs, 4 1/2 by Tuesday. Concert Hall probably ran to her previous mile form in the Irish Guineas and then improved probably less than a length at Epsom. ie I’d have Homeless Songs form ahead of Tuesday and Emily Upjohn, although that pair still have a lot of scope for improvement.

Value Is Everything
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

Sounds like the Nassau or jaques le marois for inspiral next

Viewing 4 posts - 52 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.