Coral Eclipse 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Coral Eclipse 2019

This topic contains 154 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  FinalFurlong91 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

Magical’s plan A was Royal Ascot then a break before coming back, presumably, for an Arc prep race.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1805

Where’s the quote from Sir MS? I can’t find it?

For Regal Reality?

https://www.racingtv.com/news/regal-reality-rules-supreme-in-brigadier-gerard

Mentioned York, but more recently, they mentioned the Coral Eclipse.

https://www.skysports.com/racing/news/12040/11739610/cheveley-park-squad-for-royal-ascot-outlined

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2257

Bleeding or not Magical could probably do with a break. Although the Irish races were not tough a group race is still a group race and she’s had 4 already this season. There was some talk of 3 main targets this season, the first being the Tattersalls Gold Cup which she won. I suspect second was PoW and then mini break and freshen to prepare for, at a guess,the Irish Champion Stakes or possibly English Champion Stakes or even an assault on the Arc, particularly if many of the other principals had fallen by the wayside.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2257

Especially since AOB has 12f colts coming out his ears

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1872

Good find Jack!

Yeah, there were similar quotes in the print edition of the RP about a week or 10 days ago as well. Gosden is starting to make some noises that Enable will run, though.

Another interesting thing for Regal Reality could be his speed figures/sectionals case. I only receive speed figures along with 5-day declarations so don’t have the exact numbers for Regal Reality, but there’s reason to believe he did something a bit special last time out. I noticed when compiling the Queen Anne that Matterhorn was given a notably large timefigure for his Brigadier Gerard run. Danceteria has also franked the form with some success in France. With that in mind, I expect Rowlands and the rest of the data boys will be all over RR when they post their tipping columns for the race.

25s will evaporate anyway (think I’ve just knocked it off with 365, sorry!) as an intended runner in a race that is about to cut up…but I fancy he’ll be quite a big shortener in the next 10 days or so.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

Did she burst GAG? I’ve not seen that documented anywhere.

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1872

Just a rumour going around on Twitter. Could be utter horses**t tbh!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2257

I don’t know Kev- just going by what LS had said upthread although he had qualified it as rumour rather than stated fact.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1805

Yeah LS- if Enable runs we are probably all in danger. But we won’t know for absolute certain on her until the day of the race given last years evidence.

Even at that, as you say, the race is likely to cut up badly.

Enable- who knows.
    CO- Perhaps a runner, but not a certainty.
    Magical- i’d guess she won’t.
    SOC- not happening
    Circus Maximus- this could suit him to be fair. Also a possible for the Sussex?
    Phoenix- Hills sounded like he wasn’t right. So doubt it?
    Hermosa- maybe?
    Ghaiyyath- France
    TDH- won’t be going 1m2 i doubt.
    Masar- Maybe?
    AVD + Broome- run this weekend.
    Regal Reality!

Obviously some will end up running above as it is going to cut up.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

Ah i see. Cheers.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 378

Cheers Jack, I managed to get on Bet365 this morning LS after cashing out on Barney Roy, trusting I would find the quotes! Lucky I did then!! It’s an interesting bet for sure!

AOB isn’t short of 12F horses, but if Sir Dragonet and Magical are on a break now and AVD and Broome are running in the Irish Derby, it would point to Japan running then in the King George.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 378

I can’t see who will be the AOB horse in this actually. It all points to Circus Maximus, but surely they won’t go here after Trial, Derby & SJP route? Even if he does, not sure he’ll improve again

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

Very good shout Jack, I’ve taken some 20s.
    As you point out, a heap of NRs and he looks the stand out value in the race.
    Can’t have CO after a soft ground battle just last week & Enable off such a lay-off over 10F could be vulnerable.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15442

Not a race I would usually bother with, but the 25’s for Regal Reality was very tempting.

That temperament looks a wee bit of a concern, but just had a look at the Sandown win, and I’m happy to take a chance.

Regal Reality 25’s Each Way

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2257

Masar going to Newmarket next. It’ll be an Enable/Regal Reality two horse race at this rate!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.