Coral Eclipse 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Coral Eclipse 2019

This topic contains 154 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  FinalFurlong91 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 155 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5261

TOO DARN HOT 5/1

For me this the group one he win 1st at 3 i feel 1m2 at Sandown is ideal trip for him a chance get beat in dante as been rushed to get here after miss 2000 guineas and this the race for him

Intresting that Magna Grecia who talked of being a miler got a entry here as well i like Crystal Ocean but might find younger legs hard to deal with.And the fave for race one for me

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

How likely is it he will go there though? JG said he will go SJP route if he doesn’t do well tomorrow, so not sure he would go SJP – Eclipse would he? Bit of a risky anti post for me at those odds at the moment, better to wait until after tomorrow

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5261

That the thing Frenchy he might not win today go for 1m races or if he did win today then see him going to Sandown and price not be 5/1 what it is now and see him being main horse for Gosden in eclipse with Lah ta dar going up 1m4 next race Enable returns at Ascot

Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 386

I’ve already mentioned Regal Reality for other races tonight, so I might as well mention him here too.

It sees strange mentioning him, as he would obviously not be an obvious candidate, but as much as he’d look out of his depth in recent renewals, this race doesn’t always get the stellar line up it deserves, and there have been some lesser renewals.

With that in mind, I’ll bet him at 50-1 each way for this, before he runs tomorrow.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

Maybe a bit in hope, but I’m going to have a punt on Barney Roy for this. It was a very disappointing run in the Queen Anne, but he went off favourite in the end and Charlie Appleby had talked him up a bit beforehand. He got himself warm and worked up in the parade ring this time, so it could be an excuse for his run, as could the fact that as a 3yr old before getting retired his best RPR runs were over 10F. He hit a flat spot in the Queen Anne just as everyone else picked up before keeping on at the end, that adds some weight to the theory that he might have wanted further already. He is entered up in the Eclipse and was 2nd in 2017, his career best RPR figure. Worth a pop at 33/1 I believe.

Barney Roy 33/1

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2121

Probably my heart talking and “hope bias” as I have him in my TTF and don’t want to write him off yet, but I will likely join you with Barney Roy, but will leave it a little closer to the time to see what the weather will do. Stewards report says he lost a shoe in the Queen Anne as well.

Will have to watch it back but as he was not involved in the finish IIRC he didn’t get pushed too hard. A lot of the horses in the Eclipse entries had hard enough races this week…I will take my hat off to any horse that worked hard this week and turns out to win the Eclipse.

Sea of Class was nursed along on the PoW and if the ground was suitable at Sandown could be interesting…but they may not want to pitch her against Enable before the Arc and also, I don’t know how long she would need between big races as she is not an old hardened warrior.

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1812

Interesting race, isn’t it? I know everyone is betting to plenty but you’d have your doubts about many at the top of the market and there might be a bet in there somewhere.

You’d want to see pretty strong definitive comments saying that Enable is on target and an intended runner. There’s a rumour that Magical bled near the finish in the PoW – anyone who was on-course able to confirm that? They’re talking about the King George next for Sea Of Class. Phoenix Of Spain finished very sore in the SJP and would probably be considered a doubt as well.

With the top of the betting falling away, I’d imagine Circus Maximus would be a likely runner. Double figures about him could look a bit silly if so. Regal Reality would surely come into the picture as well – lots of Sandown form and on the upward curve. Connections are talking about another piddly G2 but might have a change of heart once this starts cutting up? Especially if Stoute has other targets in mind for Crystal Ocean.

By the way lads, you’re breaking Simon Clare’s heart. It’s always ‘Coral-Eclipse’ with the hyphen! ;-)

Edit: actually gonna bet Regal Reality now @ 25s. Stoute quoted in the RP a few weeks back saying this is the target.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1726

Good shout LS, i just put up on the Sussex thread, Circus could perhaps go there instead? Prominent racer over a mile at Goodwood sure to suit? Would be the easier option perhaps if Enable or Magical rock up here?
    I do like the Regal Reality shout by the way. Might take some of that myself.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 386

Lost Soldier, I missed that in the racing post. Thank you for the update, that is very good news. I can only hope he gets there now.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2121

Barney Roy and Ghaiyyath going to France next. I think Lost Soldier is right- likely to cut up massively as a rake of them regroup after RA and swerve Enable.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

Where did you read that about Barney Roy?

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 972

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

Thanks guys! Managed to cash out on that one.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

Where’s the quote from Sir MS? I can’t find it?

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

Also if Magical doesn’t run here it’s likely she’ll run in the King George and then Japan will likely go to the Grand Prix De Paris. Right?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.