The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Congratulations to Tom Symonds – 1st Winner as a trainer

Home Forums Horse Racing Congratulations to Tom Symonds – 1st Winner as a trainer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    petercreek
    • Total Posts 51

Big congratulations to Tom Symonds who trained his first winner today. Not content with just his first winner the horse Alpha Way won by a margin of 24 lengths and at his local track to boot! That’s how to do it!

He is at this stage best known as a previous Assistant to Nicky Henderson but I’m sure will follow in the footsteps of Jamie Snowden and Charlie Longsdon in making a name in his own right.

He is a very amenable chap and I’m sure will prove very popular with syndicates and partnerships as he is extremely approachable. Good to see he has been backed by some of Nicky Henderson’s owners and it looks like he is putting together a stellar team as Dason Court. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Also, given his success in tipping up numerous winners at my Cheltenham Preview evenings a couple of years on the trot I would keep an eye if his horses are backed! He seems quite shrewd!

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28409

Big congratulations to Tom Symonds who trained his first winner today. Not content with just his first winner the horse Alpha Way won by a margin of 24 lengths and at his local track to boot! That’s how to do it!

Also, given his success in tipping up numerous winners at my Cheltenham Preview evenings a couple of years on the trot I would keep an eye if his horses are backed! He seems quite shrewd!

Echo your words Peter. I know Tom went to more than one Preview Night, is it our WBRC Cheltenham Preview at Newbury you go to? Been a fixture there and will be difficult to replace. Amongst others – When Binocular won the Champion he was really positive, on the day of AP’s impressive work out. Tom certainly knew his stuff about the Henderson yard and no doubt can make a name for himself as a trainer. Nice bloke too.

Good Luck Tom

Value Is Everything
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.