The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cockney Rebel

Home Forums Horse Racing Cockney Rebel

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Was anything wrong with him? Seemed to hang.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Did the same in Ireland.

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Jockey stopped riding him too.

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

AP O’Brien is a greedy thing 1st 2nd 3rd……..

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Yeah but that was severe hanging today and also came to win. Oh well I got 14s on Duke Of Marmalade e/w!!!

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Hard to peak a horse for 3 top class races in the space of a month and a half and Peslier won’t be showing that ride to the grandchildren.

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

he hung in ireland and i think the bends got a lot to do with that, coming round the inside rail he hangs left when he switches stride, at newmarket he had the rail and a straight track.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

First thoughts were what a rotten ride, but to be over half way away from the filed (how many lengths lost is that?) indicates something more perhaps

Didnt settle well either

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

I think what it is proves is that after giving away that much distance by hanging and without being ridden out he was still only about a length behind the winner and therefore Cockney Rebel is easily the best horse in the race.

A shame for Huffer – it’s always nice to see the big boys turned over by the little ‘uns.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from Librettist on 4:04 pm on June 19, 2007[br]I think what it is proves is that after giving away that much distance by hanging and without being ridden out he was still only about a length behind the winner and therefore Cockney Rebel is easily the best horse in the race.

<br>Not sure I agree with that. Not saying he isn’t the best horse in the race but easily? If you look at the winning distance over Dutch Art compared with Cockney Rebel’s at Newmarket you cold aggue there is very little between Cockney Rebel and Excellent Art.

I don’t think Cockney Rebel is head and shoulders above everything else by any means.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

"Hanging without being ridden"?<br>The horse was given half a dozen good cracks before he hung across the course, a sure sign in my view that he was just knackered, and that’s probably as good as he is.

(Edited by reet hard at 4:12 pm on June 19, 2007)

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

i don’t think you can blame the jockey, he came from last to 1st at newmarket and nobody mentioned the ride he was given there. plus the winner was settled even further back and came through nicely. just a combination of maybe one big race too many and maybe would be better left handed. french 2000 form looks pretty good though.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

The Curragh is right-handed

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Haven’t seen the race, but if you watch the french guineas again you’ll see that excellent art was all over the winner but got a shocker of a ride from Spencer.. 8/1 was a crazy price and i’m surprised he wasn;t piled into.

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

I know the Curragh is right handed and if you watch it he hung there too, was far less impressive than newmarket win.<br>Excellent art shouldve won the french guineas and confirmed it today and astronomer royal confirmed over creachadoir thats why i say it looks solid.<br>Duke of Marmalade was entitled to improve after being injured most of last year.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Yeah it was well highlighted that it was a troubled passage in France but if he would of got the gap then Spencer would of been praised for the ride. It couldve been the same story today had he not got the gaps but fortune favours the brave.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

That Creachadoir was about the same distance behind him, would suggest to me that Cockney Rebel ran his race. Simply wasn’t good enough.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.