The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Clarence House 2022

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Clarence House 2022

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

Mullins and Hendo facing each other like a couple of spaghetti western gunslingers here. Who blinks first? Doc Henderson has fingered his holster lightly, stating “you don’t intend these clashes to happen before March” (WHY???), whilst Cool Hand Willie keeps his powder dry for now.

Which one will be a no good yankee liar?

BUY THE SUN

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25876

At least Henderson knows his horse is the real deal
    Mullins was creaming over Chacun Pour Soi as his best and when he flopped the noise was all for Energumene
    Shishkin will prefer something going a pace from the front, he looked his most vulnerable at Aintree when they crawled and Nico eventually had to send him on

Member since March 2008
    TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 395

Looks like a dry week in store… going to be a lot of disappointed folk when what should be a prestigious grade 1 in its own right turns into Shishkin vs the handicappers Hitman and Amoola Gold. Doubt Kim Bailey will even send First Flow now hes won over 2M 4F, surely better waiting for the G1 back at Ascot later on over that sort of trip.

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 449

both declared

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2268

There’s still time for the wrong type of leaves to derail Shishkin’s travel to the racecourse.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 395

Delighted to be proven wrong :good:

TROY111
    Participant
    • Total Posts 278

Tinman, have you got inside info? :unsure:

The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a fag paper between these on Saturday and it turned in to a real head-to-head rivalry. Here is hoping. Cheltenham next, then Punchestown / Aintree. Tingle Creek next season.

Would be brilliant for racing.

BUY THE SUN

The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

“At least Henderson knows his horse is the real deal
    Mullins was creaming over Chacun Pour Soi as his best and when he flopped the noise was all for Energumene”

Chacun Pour Soi ISN’T the real deal? Odd comment.

BUY THE SUN

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3262

Chacun got beaten at Cheltenham TTC. That means he cannot be any good. It is the only meeting that matters, remember. 😉

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25876

Yes it was an odd comment by Mullins, that’s why I pointed it out

Member since March 2008
    waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

Well my strategy didn’t work then with First Flow. I might as well just bet him again at 12-1, even if it’s helluva unlikely now

The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

“Chacun got beaten at Cheltenham TTC. That means he cannot be any good. It is the only meeting that matters, remember. 😉”

Of course, how silly of me.

BUY THE SUN

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2960

No bet race of course, just hoping they both get round and run there races so we can get a picture of what we have here, having first flow in here will really help guage the form, although could have been doing with one or two more 160 horses

Potential for one to win well and the other to run mid 170s also and still go a notch up from there previous best,

Ive been against shishkin alot, but will firmly view him as the best 2 miler about if he wins tomorrow, chac has questions to answer away from home, albeit if he could replicate the figures he put up in punchestown away from home hed be the best for me, but until he does it in the uk whoever wins tomorrow (assuming they run there races) is the CC winner

Good luck nath i know youv been chipping away for alongtime on shishkin

Id say the prices currently are about fair

befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1506

Suspect Shishkin will be too powerful at the end

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 722

I think Shishkin wil win this comfortably.

Great to see some genuine grade 1 action before Cheltenham.

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2434

I agree with most of you that Shishkin will outrun his odds of 8/13 and win like a 1/9 Denman at Bangor.

Energumene is just too overrated imo and might end up having a different Festival target. Maybe the Ryanair, maybe none at all. Who knows. I like the KCB horse for a forecast.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.