Chesham Stakes 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 Chesham Stakes 2017

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

I think Fair Eva was a bit of different case because she was rippling with muscle at 2. Not quite as extreme, but Tiggy Wiggy was another who gave that impression at 2 and didn’t have anything to add at 3.

At least September is just a frame at the moment, plenty of meat to add to those bones.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

it’s more that she’s NOT by Galileo. Galileo is the KING and his progeny have shown abnormal improvement in their careers and an enviable record of doing the business in the Classics.

Galileo was by Saddlers Wells who’s by Northern Dancer.

September’s dam Peeping Fawn is by Danehill and out of a Saddlers Wells mare.
    Danehill is by Danzig who was by Northern Dancer.

September’s sire Deep Impact is out of Wind In Her Hair who’s by Alzao who’s by Lyphard who’s by Northern Dancer.

So although there’s no Galileo, is plenty of his family’s blood in her.

value is everything
    St Nicholas AbbeySt Nicholas Abbey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 127

I hope September does go on to make an impact on next year’s Classics. Will be interesting to have a Deep Impact in the UK/Ireland Classic ranks.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

it’s more that she’s NOT by Galileo. Galileo is the KING and his progeny have shown abnormal improvement in their careers and an enviable record of doing the business in the Classics.

September’s sire Deep Impact is out of Wind In Her Hair who’s by Alzao who’s by Lyphard who’s by Northern Dancer.

Thanks for the lesson but I can already read a pedigree chart.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

6/1 for the Oaks with Skybet. What a load of crap that is. Sweet Jesus, these bookies could crawl under a snake whilst sporting a Top Hat.

All we need now is for Stan James to open a book and go 4/1 B-)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Thanks for the lesson but I can already read a pedigree chart.

I’m just saying although there’s no Galileo in September’s pedigree, there’s plenty of his family blood. We’re talking in this thread about whether September represents a good value bet for the classics. The post was not aimed at you. It was for punters who might want some Saddlers Wells/Northern Dancer blood in their ante-post bets, who might have been put off by your post about not being by Galileo.

Sorry for trying to help.

value is everything
    Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

It might also be of interest to some that Deep Impact’s dam, Wind In Her Hair, was bred and raced by Coolmore, they even bred her first few foals before selling her. So it seems only right that they get a special filly out of Deep Impact in return!

Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

It might also be of interest to some that Deep Impact’s dam, Wind In Her Hair, was bred and raced by Coolmore, they even bred her first few foals before selling her. So it seems only right that they get a special filly out of Deep Impact in return!

I thought John Hills trained her. Was that for Coolmore?
    I presumed Mr and Mrs Nagle of Barronstown Stud bred her, as owner (when racing) is down as “Mrs David Nagle”.

value is everything
    Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

She was bred by David Nagle of Barronstown Stud and Coolmore, and raced under joint ownership of Magnier, Nagle and Hills, trained by Hills, before retiring to Coolmore.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Makes sense, Sunspangled. I know the Nagles and Magniers are friends. :good:

value is everything
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.