Chesham Stakes 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 Chesham Stakes 2017

This topic contains 39 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

Maybe not one of the most stylish races of the meeting, but one that could have an important bearing on next season.

I’m going to go for one of the horses I’ve been following over on the Two Year Old’s 2017 thread, and that is Charlie Appleby’s Masar. This regally bred colt won what in retrospect looks like a strong enough Maiden. I think the O’Brien fillies are short enough on what they’ve achieved, although September was very impressive winning her maiden, and both are of course open to significant improvement. Also, Clemmie looks like she could be heading to the Albany.

I wouldn’t be surprised if either of those two fillies won it, but at the prices I’m hoping Appleby can continue his wonderful juvenile form. Masar 10/1.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2435

September will run well if she goes here.

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

September will run well if she goes here.

Of course, but as I said above, she’s too short for me on what she’s achieved.

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

I apologise if my reply came off as dismissive MoM, thats not what I intended at all. I just wanted to highlight that I had given my views on September, your reply made me think you hadn’t seen that in my original post. :good:

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2435

I apologise if my reply came off as dismissive MoM, thats not what I intended at all. I just wanted to highlight that I had given my views on September, your reply made me think you hadn’t seen that in my original post. :good:

I’d like to point out it wasn’t me who reported your post.

I had seen your original mentioning of September but I was just stating my position on the race.

No harm done

Gladiateur
    Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1116

No harm done

Nah; he’d need another mile and eight flights of hurdles to get competitive.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Who would report that post? :scratch:

strange forum this is turning into. :wacko:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15275

The “report” button has been pressed, instead of the “quote” button, it happens occasionally, as they are quite close to each other.

St Nicholas Abbey
    St Nicholas Abbey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 127

Let’s hope September doesn’t do a Wisconsin on us.

Too short odds for me but I’ll be watching with interest; she looks like a good ‘un.

Chivers1987
    Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 842

I might feel stupid after this one but September and Masar look like the only ones who can win this. Step up to 7f looks sure to suit Masar and September bolted clear on debut.
    The best result would be September to win and Masar to place.

September 11/10
    Masar 6/1 ew

Edit: Match Maker at 16s is one like too.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2435

Played September at 5/4 and done her at 25s for the 2018 oaks

I have a feeling she’s a superstar

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I have been looking at Masar for a while for this.

He didn’t win by far at Goodwood but the form has been pretty good and this extra furlong should help.

Masar beat Invincible Army on debut and the short head margin between them was followed by more than 3 lengths back to the third. The 4th horse Folk Tale went on to win a Newmarket maiden, while the runner up quickened up in grand style on his next start in a novice stakes at Newmarket to tank his field by five lengths.

I thought Masar at 6/1 was the pick yesterday. I did look at him at 10/1 but wanted to see how some of my others got on. A good start to the week with Ribchester 7/2, Lady Aurelia 4/1 and Le Brivido 7/1 was followed by a couple of sore ones with Happy Like A Fool 7/2 and Alpha Centauri 3/1 finishing second. Jack Hobbs ended up as a half bet with Cloth Of Stars out and Blue Point was a 9/1 shot I could have done with winning.

I stuck a half bet on Masar here and my main bet today is Dartmouth at 4/1. No joy with the handicap bets this week but Blair House went close at 25/1, that would have been nice.

Anyway, September is hot favourite here and she scooshed up last time. Not by Galileo for a change though and can the same massive jump from race 1 to 2 that normally comes from the great sire’s 2yos be guaranteed today? I am not sure she beat much last time, the runner up had looked nothing to write home about in two previous starts and was stepping up from 5F to 7F that day. Up against colts here, a general Even money doesn’t appeal to me but she could easily be favourite for 1000 Guineas and Oaks tonight.

Masar looks solid each-way at 5/1 or better but I went win only at 6/1. Good luck to those who jumped in at 10/1, in a rare restrained moment for me, I waited. Gosh, that doesn’t happen often.

Best of luck to everybody today.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25862

I agree with Steve.
    Masar each way.

value is everything
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4314

Westerland e/w at 14/1 for me!! Hope the draw doesn’t scupper me!!

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Just backed September here, she looks different gravy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.