Chesham Stakes 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 Chesham Stakes 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

They’ll be dancing in september when this gags up.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

New favourite for the Classics.

5/1 for the Guineas in the first show.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

viktors89viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 337

More impressed by the runner-up than the winner considering everything.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Poor Luke Harvey, he thought September was too small, too light and that there were plenty others in the race who looked better.

She is 10/1 for the Oaks but I wouldn’t be backing anything for that race for a long while yet.

HimselfHimself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3775

# … might as we’ll rain until September # ; )

Serious horse . I loved her attitude .

5/1 looks huge for the 1,000 Guineas , even at this stage .

I was very impressed .

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Sizzling September, but has the looks of an early two year old. Wouldn’t back her for the classics at this stage. Lacks scope for further improvement and will need to improve quite a bit from that to win a classic.

Forest Flower was small, did it at Royal Ascot and trained on at three (missed Newmarket but won the Irish Guineas). Most small horses won’t be as good at three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQDAEpESmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ri73NpE4Ls

value is everything
    stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

# … might as we’ll rain until September # ; )

Serious horse . I loved her attitude .

5/1 looks huge for the 1,000 Guineas , even at this stage .

I was very impressed .

Word of warning. I was on Maybe for the 1000 Guineas just before her Chesham run. I had snagged 25/1 and after she won the Chesham she went 5/5 for the season, winning the Moyglare on her last start.

At Newmarket she started 13/8 for the 1000 Guineas but I had a bad feeling about her and then the rain came. In one of the worst ever afternoons I have had in my life Gray Pearl suffered a fatality in the stalls and the race was seriously delayed. Homecoming Queen hosed up with Maybe third and despite the Galileo pedigree it panned out that Maybe just never trained on at all.

By Deep Impact, September looks to have less long term scope than many of Aidan’s Classic hopes have possessed and it’s more than 10 months to the race.

I tend to look for at least 20/1 for an ante-post at this time of the season. I could never take 5/1 in June. Plenty more fillies to come and the French 2yo scene has not kicked off yet.

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Her mum didn’t run as a 2yo (setback, backward, maybe needed to grow?) and took 3 runs to break her maiden as a 3yo (when she was a good-sized filly), but then did nothing but improve, winning 4 G1s in increasingly impressive fashion. I don’t see any reason to think September won’t train on as a 3yo, any more than any other filly (after all, she isn’t a War Front or a Scat Daddy :-), and every chance she’ll even grow a bit! Aidan doesn’t train them to be early 2yos, or indeed 2yos, he will have left loads to work on.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20987

She looks settled, relaxes well, stays on strong, fillies mile winner….?

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2556

Played September at 5/4 and done her at 25s for the 2018 oaks

I have a feeling she’s a superstar

I’m on the Oaks winner lads

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Winter and Enable were not on any radars at the end of last season. Far too early to be confident about anything. One setback and they could be finished.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

I don’t agree that Deep Impact means September is unlikely to train-on.

Wasn’t Deep Impact himself a globetrotting middle-distance warrior at 3 and 4? Peeping Fawn probably an influence for development next year too. If you look at Deep Impact’s stallion profile, he has already had dozens of top class performers at age 3 and beyond.

September was so impressive today, although even 7f looked a bare minimum. She’ll need a real tow into the race in next year’s Guineas.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

I don’t agree that Deep Impact means September is unlikely to train-on.

Wasn’t Deep Impact himself a globetrotting middle-distance warrior at 3 and 4? Peeping Fawn probably an influence for development next year too. If you look at Deep Impact’s stallion profile, he has already had dozens of top class performers at age 3 and beyond.

September was so impressive today, although even 7f looked a bare minimum. She’ll need a real tow into the race in next year’s Guineas.

She is small though. It’s not that she’s by Deep Impact that bothers me, it’s more that she’s NOT by Galileo. Galileo is the KING and his progeny have shown abnormal improvement in their careers and an enviable record of doing the business in the Classics.

I don’t think 5/1 is value. The bookmakers make their money on punters believing that such a price IS vale for a race 10 months hence. Plenty will emerge this autumn and it’s unusual that O’Brien’s good ones win on debut. September is precocious in that sense and it’s just too far off to be thinking of value at 5/1 for me.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Of course 5/1 isn’t value, totally with you there. How can it be so far from the race when we have no idea what else will be in the race? Who had even heard of Winter, Rhododendron and Daban at this time last year?

I like small horses as the types to develop. The big, muscular ones are the ones you want to avoid.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Of course 5/1 isn’t value, totally with you there. How can it be so far from the race when we have no idea what else will be in the race? Who had even heard of Winter, Rhododendron and Daban at this time last year?

I like small horses as the types to develop. The big, muscular ones are the ones you want to avoid.

They don’t always grow though. Roger Charlton said Fair Eva had grown over the Winter but when I saw her on Guineas day, she didn’t look to have grown an inch.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.