The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham Thursday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

The least prestigious day of the festival could offwe the best betting opportunities. Or so I hope.

In the World Hurdle I am still thinking Inglis Drever is a good thing. I am very disappointed that the ground has dried out, but Black Jack Ketchum went out like a flat tyre last time and I think more than the ground was to blame. He could bounce bag and win, but inglis Drever has been here and got the T-Shirt, and is a lot more battle hardened in my view. Blazing Bailey gave Inglis Drever a surprising beating last time (surprising to me anyway!) and could be a big danger again, but hopefully the weight turn around and better ground could help Inglis Drever.

Mighty Man will like the drying ground, but it hits flat spots, more so than Inglis Drever, and would appreciate a strong gallop. Its run last year when it got horribly boxed in and absolutely flew home behind Fire Dragon (i think) still sticks in my mind, but I would be concerned it isn’t classy enough.

I am not really confident enough to add anything else yet, but perhaps we can dig something out as a forum?

Andrew HughesAndrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Kasbah Bliss. Beat Blazing Bailey a year ago, admittedly, fell in the Champion Hurdle last year, but has been placing in juvenile Grade races in France, ran creditably at Sandown last time under a big weight and better ground is said to suit him.

Follow my advice at your peril

:biggrin:

(Edited by Aranalde at 7:42 pm on Mar. 14, 2007)

wilsonlwilsonl
    Participant
    • Total Posts 860

I’m fairly confident, although not 100%, that given the start he’s had Aran Concerto can hold onto the lead and see out the hill.

Weakest stayers in a while so pin goes to Mighty Man in a desperate race for the money

• Total Posts 2065

What about the other races – anything stand out?

And as for how bad I am – I cannot even spell a title properly!

DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

FSL, I’d recommend these 6 horses for your 20p placepot. :cheesy:

L’Antartique<br>Monets Garden<br>Black Jack Ketchum<br>Hakim<br>Bengo<br>Rhinestone Cowboy

wilsonlwilsonl
    Participant
    • Total Posts 860

Well all things being well if he doesn’t win the stayers he’s sure to be odd on for the last.

No mate the ‘big two’ races are anything but and I’ve never really voiced against a 4 day festival before although I’ve had my doubts but this is dodgy.

Kauto Star was/is entered for it and I’d love to have seen Paul run him in this to maybe give it some credence but Our Vic (will he fall at the last when emptying or run like a drain), Racing Demon (come on he’s not that good) and Monet’s are obviously ahead on ratings but for a 100K TTW this is an awful race.

I’ve already expressed my feelings on the World hurdle (still a stupid name) and the rest of the card would look out of place in September

wilsonlwilsonl
    Participant
    • Total Posts 860

And by the way Danny, as enthusiastic and nice as you are, are you on drugs or a time traveller who is in 2004 ?<br>

DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

Can i not be both?

PaulB
    • Total Posts 75

Hey Lads,

A few fancies for 2marrow hope i can get myself out of the red the bookies must be making a fortune!!!<br>Natal E/W<br>King Revo Win <br>Moncadou E/W<br>Jockser E/W and the Nap

Andrew HughesAndrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Maybe Taranis in the Ryanair. I like Monet’s Garden but if that one fails, think Taranis has the speed on this ground to threaten.

wilsonlwilsonl
    Participant
    • Total Posts 860

Nice answer my son and yes – if I remember the drugs were better in 2004 :cool:

PaulB – hate to ruin your evening but already going for a couple of them – you have been warned :biggrin:

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Our Vic. If he doesn’t decide to have a flop day.

SirHarryLewisSirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1194

Quote: from Aranalde on 7:38 pm on Mar. 14, 2007[br]Kasbah Bliss. Beat Blazing Bailey a year ago, admittedly, fell in the Champion Hurdle last year, but has been placing in juvenile Grade races in France, ran creditably at Sandown last time under a big weight and better ground is said to suit him.

Follow my advice at your peril

:biggrin:

(Edited by Aranalde at 7:42 pm on Mar. 14, 2007)<br>

kasbah bliss.  Not sure he will stay but is well priced.  Tell me, does anyone know what the ground was like for mighty man when he won the long walk at ascot on the 16th december.  It was down as good to soft ….but are we talking good or sticky or what?

SHL

• Total Posts 2065

Danny I’ll be looking to get BJK beat in my placepot. To be fair it is usually quite a big perm 2x1x2x5x4x5 today so If I can’t get a couple of favs beat its pointless doing it.

When Kasbah Bliss ran last time I said

Kasbah Bliss was fancied to run a big race in the Triumph last year and may well have done so (7/1), had it not hit the deck. Its French form obviously poses a problem as to how good it is, and the fact it is top weight is also a big negative. It is interesting that it steps up in trip today and tries 22f for the first time. It could improve for the trip, but we have to remember it is top weight, and that isn’t ideal for a horse trying a trip that might stretch its stamina. You have to respect the stable though, as they wouldn’t send it over for a canter round, and they may see it as the next Baracouda, but from what I can glean I have to take it on.

And I think it will be the same story again. It seemed to come there crusing last time only to run out of stamina, and I just cannot see it seeing out the trip. Good luck if you back it, not for me.

• Total Posts 2065

Sorry it isn’t really acceptable for me to slag off your pick like that. Here is the discussion which although wonders off wildly at tangents does have a lot of stuff on Kashbah Bliss and the World Hurdle.

http://forum.escor(no space here but nabbed by the filter)ialracing.co.uk/index.php/topic,3217.15.html

Hope I don’t come across as too pushy:o

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 9:24 pm on Mar. 14, 2007)<br>

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 9:25 pm on Mar. 14, 2007)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.