The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheletenham Wednesday Abandoned

Home Forums Horse Racing Cheletenham Wednesday Abandoned

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

William Hill have said that they will stand by all antepost bets, that sets a good precedent for the rest of them, phoned ladbrokes and they said they are undecided as yet, if ladbrokes turn round now and say they wont stand by my bet on masterminded I’ll never bet with them again.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

William Hill have said that they will stand by all antepost bets, that sets a good precedent for the rest of them, phoned ladbrokes and they said they are undecided as yet, if ladbrokes turn round now and say they wont stand by my bet on masterminded I’ll never bet with them again.

Again wrong decision. Horses have been backed on the premise that they would be running on Wednesdays ground conditions, Wednesday’s course / trip etc.

Come on bookies give us a break – it isn’t fair.

Gonna be a cracking day today is!! :roll:

I’m fuming already and it isn’t 9.30 yet.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Relax guys it’s just a day off. The course themselves have said there look little danger of racing being off Thursday and Friday and all races WILL be run over those days.

Gives me time to shake off this hangover :lol:

KendalCavalier
    • Total Posts 337

Thought it v.amusing that Edward Gillespie said that he had ALL the names and addresses of those who purchased tickets for today and they will be refunded automatically.

That means those who sold tickets on ebay will not only have had there money for selling them but they will also receive the refund!!!! Brilliant!

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Relax guys it’s just a day off. The course themselves have said there look little danger of racing being off Thursday and Friday and all races WILL be run over those days.

Gives me time to shake off this hangover :lol:

Its ruined the whole festival for me.

Might rain tomorrow – will probably be called off incase the rain is acidic.

I do apologise for the constant moaning but I’m well pissed off with this joke of an abandonment.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

What about people with tickets for today?

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Thought it v.amusing that edward Gillespie said that he had ALL the names and addresses of those who purchased tickets for today and they will be refunded automatically.

That means those who sold tickets on ebay will not only have had there money for selling them but they will also receive the refund!!!! Brilliant!

Very much doubt any tickets were sold on Ebay, as tickets for today’s meeting could be purchased onlne last week.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

They get refunded.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Tough they get a refund but can’t go to the festival now – all because its windy.

Maybe Cheltenham / police should’ve issued a weather warning then let people decide for themselves whether or not to attend instead of treating people like children.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

First race tomorrow at 12.30pm.

Peter O’Sullevan Chase will start tomorrow off.

I believe the Mares’ Hurdle will start the day on Friday.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Again wrong decision. Horses have been backed on the premise that they would be running on Wednesdays ground conditions, Wednesday’s course / trip etc.

I dont thin kany had enough inside knowledge on the weather as to bet antepost on todays ground conditions and I cant see them being totally different to tomorrows. If they were to make all the antepost bets dead then surely that is worse, that would be disasterous for antepost punters, lets face it they wouldnt refund them, they are bookies…

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I dont thin kany had enough inside knowledge on the weather as to bet antepost on todays ground conditions and I cant see them being totally different to tomorrows. If they were to make all the antepost bets dead then surely that is worse, that would be disasterous for antepost punters, lets face it they wouldnt refund them, they are bookies…

Ante post bets I can understand- you take your chances in advance on the conditions but what about people who backed horses last night because of todays conditions? It could pelt down all night or the ground could dry out, makes it a completely different ball game.

KendalCavalier
    • Total Posts 337

Could of been worse. The festival could have been held at Haydock in which case all the fences would have blown away last seen careering down the M62!!

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5457

Let’s just hope the weather clears up and the winds reduce because they can’t abandon it tomorrow.

Thankfully wind-wise it looks much, much better – moderate SW tomorrow and light on friday; rain may be a concern with the courses set to take a pounding over the re-vamped two days.

The Met men’s virtual pinecone-and-seaweed got the track of today’s storm slightly wrong; it’s tracked further south than anticipated hence less windy than feared up here in t’north and worse dahn sarf.

Strewth, the next two days will be some over-egged feast – weekend to be spent in the recovery position methinks

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Don’t blame Cheltenham – this is a police decision and if Cheltenham chose to ignore them, their insurance would be invalidated.

AP

I do blame Cheltenham for allowing two-story temporary buildings to be erected when everyone knew for the last week that high winds were expected. I think it’s a disgrace that racing is off purely because their corporate guests can’t be accomodated, not because of any problem with the track or risk to the horses or jockeys.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.