The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Channel 4 Gripes

Home Forums Horse Racing Channel 4 Gripes

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

If I subscribed to Racing UK I think I`d feel a bit shortchanged by some of their contributors.

MissIsabella
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

I do subscribe to Racing UK.They are ok when they have their first team out but some of the lesser presenters/pundits are awful.Where do they get them from.I cannot stand Peter Naughton,nor David Cleary(can’t he talk without waving his hands about) Andy Richmond or John O ‘Connell.I am paying for this ad I expect better.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

New face on the Morning Line today! Not a fan of Walter Swinburn really but we’ll wait and see….

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Walter Swinburn was a member of the CH4 racing team a number of years ago.

As for this morning’s ML offering :

– and D is for … dumbing down. :roll:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Just put the Monrning Line on Ch4+1 and have been really enjoying it………but then, then they show me a bunch of mugs trying to pronounce ‘The Fugue’, what the ****?! Why am I watching some pissed-up muppets who don’t even like horse racing incorrectly say a horses name?

Edited:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1751

In any case, i don’t imagine it would be possible to lift his underpants over that perfectly square head of his.

:mrgreen:

Deep joy in the fundimold

runandskip
    • Total Posts 412

The pompous Clare balding has just declared that royal ascot is the greatest race meeting……what? Better than the Cheltenham festival? You daft cow :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Just put the Monrning Line on Ch4+1 and have been really enjoying it………but then, then they show me a bunch of mugs trying to pronounce ‘The Fugue’, what the ****?! Why am I watching some pissed-up muppets who don’t even like horse racing incorrectly say a horses name?

Edited:

This made me chuckle no end.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"And when Illness Struck he fought it like a Gurkha" Alastair Down commenting on the Late Great Sir Henry Cecil…………….Wasted talent Alastair is I’d have him on everyday myself!

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

"And when Illness Struck he fought it like a Gurkha" Alastair Down commenting on the Late Great Sir Henry Cecil…………….Wasted talent Alastair is I’d have him on everyday myself!

Bang on the money Gord! What a brilliant tribute to Sir Henry. Alistair understands perfectly the feelings of the everyday race goer.

…I can’t believe the great man won’t be here to lord it over the winner’s enclosure. :(

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

…I can’t believe the great man won’t be here to lord it over the winner’s enclosure. :(

I’m backing Henry blind this year Hammy purely to say I backed his Royal Ascot winner and out of the huge regard I hold him in,it might cost me but its worth every penny.If I could guarantee one winner this week its

Disclaimer

in the Vase,there will be tears!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

It never ceases to amaze me the Ignoramus of the Toffs,that 1 minutes silence was notably unobserved by those still milling about,including the bloody stewards!! Heads up their own a*ses most of them!! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I thought a minute’s applause would have been more fitting as a celebration of Sir Henry’s achievements at this meeting.

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

It never ceases to amaze me the Ignoramus of the Toffs,that 1 minutes silence was notably unobserved by those still milling about,including the bloody stewards!! Heads up their own a*ses most of them!! :twisted:

Good idea, I think I will do the same. It would really be something to cheer. I think Tiger Cliff might warrant a tenner anyway. :)

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

I thought a minute’s applause would have been more fitting as a celebration of Sir Henry’s achievements at this meeting.

Certainly would have been a better guage of his popularity among the racing public I’m sure.

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

My Channel 4 gripe today relates to the fact the Channel 4 Watch Online facility on their website did not work at all. Stuck at work, I locked myself away with my laptop in a side meeting room to sneakily watch a few races, and not once did it stream, despite refreshing the page a hundred times. It managed to stream advertisments first though!

My second gripe is that the highlights show does not start until 00.40 tonight.

Maybe I could just do the decent thing and buy a device to actually record the racing in the day, although my flatmate is very satisfied with the cheap and nasty Freesat box we decided to get on moving in.

In the meantime I have decided to go for the only other alternative option which ensures I can actually see some racing this week, and that is working from home for the next two days. After that I might just ditch my job and find one where watching Royal Ascot counts as part of it.

seepigeon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 141

tvcatchup works fine on iphone, android and windows and is free!

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.