The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2020

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2020 Champion Hurdle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2582

Not sure FF91, Hobson wasn’t exactly looking like he’d be passed there. Plus he jumped one very badly. Suppose he did have race fitness on his side though. Wouldn’t be interested in either for this at all.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

No, I don’t think the the old Slevdog would want another go at that. Lovely bit of Galway Hurdle mark protection. Really wasn’t in his interests to be winning last night.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

LS, my first thoughts after that race was Galway Hurdle.

• Total Posts 17609

Espoir D’Allen injured and likely to miss the season.

KingSprinterSacreKingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

Big blow for the yard and the race in general.
    Klassical dream halved in price now to around 3/1 fav

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3070

Reared up and came over by the sounds of it poor sod. Dangerous yokes, horses. Hope the rider was OK.

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2676

Am on Klassical Dream quite heavy already. Had some 9/1 on him to win any race and the grade 1 he won at Punchestown. With Espoir D’Allen out of the race now, I think any expected improvement from Klassical Dream would make him the one to beat.

Every time I watch that Supreme he looks better and better and better. Travelled like an absolute superstar. To back that run up at Punchestown after was similarly very good.

Klassical Dream to win the 2020 Champion Hurdle

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 804

Ruby gave a strong mention to both Klassical Dream and Saldier yesterday, said Saldier was the value and I completely agree. Missed the Klassical Dream price but have backed Saldier. Looked like he had the beating of Espoir D’Allen (RIP) at Naas and we all now know how strong that form line looks.

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

We shouldn’t sleep on BUVEUR D’AIR, He fell at the festival ok not ideal, He lost to SUPASUNDAE at Aintree most probably because the distance of 2m 4f suiting SUPASUNDAE better. He lost to VERDANA BLUE when VD got perfect ground and conditions coming off the back of a decent run of form (also only nicking it by a fag butt). I think KLASSICAL DREAM is the nuts and it won me plenty this year, but BD is proper class and ill be getting on for another year!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3070

Can stand it no longer, tis the time of year for some wildly optimistic long priced Cheltenham bets:

Coeur Sublime may have had some excuses for his form in the latter half of the season. I still like him and think he has scope to progress.

Coeur Sublime 50s ew

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5769

Nice one Greenasgrass. He was most impressive today. Jumping was very good but will improve too, race by race, imo.

Between 20/1 and 25/1 now although Hills go 20/1 any race at the festival

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1851

Fusil Raffles 50-1 (Mike007) v Coeur Sublime 50-1 (Greenasgrass).

Who will come out on top. :yes:

• Total Posts 17609

Not completely blown away by Fusil Raffles today, but at least he won.

I wouldn’t have him ahead of Klassical Dream on that showing, but hopefully more to come.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 384

Henderson said straight away that he was a long way from ready and that he wished he could have given him another 3 weeks , I’ll also say I thought he hurdeled really well , should be a good champion this year …good remember the classics with hardy Eustace and the likes ….we deserve one of these

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Would be surprised if hes anywhere near upto this after today, undercooked champion hurdlers should be winning that on the bridle

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.