The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cesarewitch 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cesarewitch 2021

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14920

Entries…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/38/newmarket/2021-10-09/790124

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/cesarewitch-handicap/winner

Complexion of race has changed in recent years, and it would be mad to ignore the fact that Willie Mullins takes it very seriously.

She’ll be higher in the weights this time, but it would be dangerous to write off the chances of Great White Shark this time around. I thought she was a very impressive winner, and she’s better than she showed over hurdles in the winter.

Another of his I really like is Dark Voyager, who was on my radar last year for this.

He’s got loads entered, and Mt Leinster, who I really like for The Ebor is a real eyecatching entry, but I’m hoping York is the plan for him, while N’Golo is another interesting one.

Of his multiple entries though, the other two I really like are Micro Manage, and Whiskey Sour.

Whiskey Sour ran a blinder off the back of a long layoff at Punchestown, and the entry for Micro Manage in The Champions Long Distance Cup, hasn’t went unnoticed. He’s a tricky one Antepost then, but very much an interesting one.

Away from the Mullins hordes, Buzz looks an obvious one, as does fellow jumper Scaramanga.

I’m a big fan of Nicholas T, and he’s impossible to write off over this trip. He’s out tomorrow at York, and a respectable run there, without winning, would be ideal for this. He’s another with loftier entries. The 66’s looks mad to me. If he doesn’t win tomorrow, that’s going to look very appealing.

Market Leader Cape Gentleman is obviously worth a mention, for all he’s much higher for his win in last years Irish Equivalent, and last but not least, it would not surprise me at all to see Cleonte bounce back here. He’s a big old price.

Plenty to chew over then, and pushed for a #1 at this stage, it would be Dark Voyager, but that 33’s for Micro Manage pushes him near the head of the list too.

Early Shortlist

Dark Voyager 20’s
    Great White Shark 20’s
    Micro Manage 33’s
    Nicholas T 66’s

• Total Posts 14920

Still no bet here for me, but in a race where I love an Antepost, just too many question marks just now.

I’m still interested in a repeat bid for Great White Shark here, even with the 10lb hike, and she holds an entry a week on Saturday, along with another off the shortlist, Micro Manage.

Be watching that pair closely

• Total Posts 14920

Decided to bet a couple early here.

Went with Micro Manage and Nicholas T.

I’d be surprised if Nicholas doesn’t go here, despite the Ascot entry, and with promising claimer Amie Waugh taking five off, I had to have a go. Think he’s just been ticking over since his big Newcastle win, and hoping for a kind draw. I’ll definitely go max places with him if declared.

Was harder to split the Mullins trio, not helped by him still having plenty others to go with. Dark Voyager looks unlikely to get in, and that left me with Great White Shark, and Micro Manage. Both entered at The Curragh, while Micro Manage could also go to Ascot. Tough one, and I’d actually be a little surprised if Micro Manage came here, but if he did, he’d be a fraction of the 33’s. I’ll definitely bet Great White Shark too if she comes over, so win only on Micro at this stage. Micro Manage a smaller bet at this stage then, as can’t go mad with so many options for the yard.

Micro Manage 33’s
    Nicholas T 66’s EW

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

Burning victory did me a favour in France last time so have had a bet on her at double figure odds

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

I’ve chucked a couple of darts at this. Calling The Wind 10-1 ew who is 3lb well in. And Live Your Dream 15-1 ew with the extra place who is 4 lb well in. The ground is going to dry out from Wednesday onwards with settled conditions coming.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

I have identified a bet in this at big odds, but won’t be posting about it until I have both my win only bet and my each-way bet (waiting on enhanced terms nearer the day) on.

My worry is that, possibly against my better judgment, I’ve taken the naive form book route in a race every with more Irish plots than you can shake a stick at nowadays.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

Will have to wait until the fields shaped up more, but initial shortlist would be Coltor, Burning Victory, and basically quite a few other WPM entries….The favourite has obvious claims but he’s too short for me to get involved now.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

Live Your Dream is doubly entered I noticed, and Oisin is on Buzz so will stick with Calling The wind for now. I’ll wait re a second pick nearer the time.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

There’s something about Themaxwecan that, at a very big price, makes me think he’s worth a go.

Will probably be adding a couple of others nearer the time.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7348

N’golo needs 5 to come out but I think they will run him here if they can; Ricci has a couple for the Irish Ces and I think Newmarket could suit. His form tailed off in spring but he’d had a long year and I’m going to forgive the poor reappearance run when he got shuffled back, bumped and then just cantered round.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16517

Mullins JB’s are
    Buick Burning Victory
    Dawson Foveros
    Egan Whisky Sour
    Watson Great White Shark

Moore MC Muldoon

Participant
    • Total Posts 16441

I have gone in with…

Live Your Dream 14/1 Bet365 and
    Platform Nineteen at 28/1 EW

Hoping LYD runs in this one Mike He ran well in the Trial just beaten by the Irish horse and I would want him on my side this Saturday.

My each way bet is…

Platform Nineteen
    who is one of two Michael Bell runners and wil be ridden by his regular jockey Clifford Lee.
    He seems to have all the credentials to win/place in a Cesarewitch.
    By Australia (Ouija Board) out of a Monsun Mare his career was put on hold for 2 years before he bounced back winning over 2 miles at Beverley. He then ran 5th at Goodwood over a further half mile where he was beaten into 5th place by much fancied Call The Wind by 3 1\2 lengths, but he has a much better pull in the weights on Saturday a further 5lbs.

In his last race at York on Aug.18th (3rd) he had 6 of Saturday’s runners behind him…
    Hochfeld (4th) Themaxwecan (7th)
    Scaramanga (8th) Nicholas T (10th)
    Who Dares Wins (11th) and Get Shirty (12th).

Platform Nineteen has only once been out of the first 7 home in his whole career of 12 races run, 5 of which he won which is why my few pennies are on him this Saturday. :good:
    Jac

Best of luck to all.
    :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

It does look like M C Muldoon is going to develop into a staying hurdler, so he probably still has improvement left, but for me, Burning Victory has plenty left in her locker too and gets 6pds. Surprised if she goes off double the price….or maybe i should be worried if she does…lol

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 369

I followed N’golo all last season Greengrass, I’m convinced it needs about 8 miles on bottomless ground.

burning victory for me in this

Participant
    • Total Posts 2151

I’m anther that has been drawn into burning victory

vf xxx

Participant
    • Total Posts 891

Burning Victory

Willie might want more rain, but she’s won twice on good ground in France over the summer and IMO dispelled the ‘wants soft’ tag. I remain convinced that if BV could jump she’d be a 150+ hurdler, but her jumping is her achilles heel. She obviously won the Triumph fortuitously, but came from a long way back and in the end class told vs some decent rivals. She’s 117171 since joining Willie and both 7’s can be described as ‘not fluent 3rd, 5th etc, but stayed on well’. She is a big mare with a massive engine, and I think the invariable cavalry charge in the first quarter of the race will set her up perfectly in the last quarter. She wasn’t beating much in her races in France but IMO was winning with enough in hand not to matter. Willie likes to get summer runs into his Cesarewitch horses and she was dossing about in France just getting fit. She has Buick up top and carries 8-10 off a mark of 94, which is thrown in and she could be improving at 5 for all we know. I’m virtually certain she’s a more talented horse than M C Muldoon and if she goes here then I can see that price correcting, chunks coming, and that price more than halving.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

Disappointed to see no Coltor, but happy with Burning Victory.

Didn’t realise she had a 4lb penalty for presumably her France win.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.