The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cesarewitch 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cesarewitch 2021

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 714

I think that I will have a third selection here, but for now I have bet Withold + Whiskey Sour who are both 25-1. They are just for the win just now, but I will probably bet ew 7 places too

Participant
    • Total Posts 7286

My top figures for this race are as follows:

124 Nicholas T
    121 Cayirli
    120 Mancini
    119 Themaxwecan
    119 Takarengo
    118 Live Your Dream
    118 Scaramanga

20lbs covers the field and I’m wary that the ‘Mullins mob’ don’t have much handicap form that I can measure them by. However my top three here are interesting for various reasons.

Nicholas T 50/1 EW 1/5 7 places – Perhaps somebody can explain to me why a Northumberland Plate winner, with a decent staying effort two runs ago, is such a big price? He needs things to fall for him, but he is a winner. Draw 11 suits as he can be tucked away and pick them off from the bushes.
    Cayirli 66/1 EW 1/5 7 places – Off the track since last year, but ran well off a long break then. Significantly won the Queen’s Prize a few years back off a 500 odd day break and presumably not entered for this on first run back for a change of air.
    Mancini 100/1 EW 1/5 7 places ( 8 places with Skybet) – I’ve never fathomed Ian Williams but he often records a win when not expected and this one looks worth a small stake. Patchy profile but in the mix in decent staying races the odd time or two. May not be suited by the ground if there’s any more rain, but I’ll take a chance.

Was going to stick at three, but I notice Themaxwecan is 80/1 Coral and, as he’s well up to this on his day, I’ll make the four agaisnt the field.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12797

I like Live Your Dream, he was a good runner-up to Turnpike Trip in the
    Cesarewitch Trial, giving away 22lbs. He’s 4 lbs well in and another 5lbs
    is taken off by the very good aprentice Adam Farragher who’s riding out of
    his skin with 6 winners in the last 14 days. Must have a shout.

Live Your Dream 16/1 ante post Bet365 (in Ante Post Betting thread)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8217

Agree about Themaxwecan. He has run some eye catching races this season. Taken the 80/1 with 7 places.

Will also back something towards the head of the market on the day. MC Muldoon is short enough but I hope he might drift out a point or two on Saturday morning. I am sure this track will suit him better than Ascot, where he was not helped by a poor ride.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5762

Mancini has emptied my pocket a few times this year ….can I resist temptation , one that catches my eye is goobinator , won one of the Sunday series races very easily and seems to be a horse still on a upwards curve

Participant
    • Total Posts 1357

I’ve taken 12-1 Burning Victory, and 22-1 ew 8 places on Platform Nineteen.

johnzero
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6

Takarengo for me. EW for seven or eight places, plus win at bigger on Exchange. Worried about his draw but hoping he can run as well as he did last year.

• Total Posts 14920

Was a little surprised to see Micro Manage declared, but happy to see him in there.

As planned, I’ll top up Nicholas T, and also add Great White Shark.

Great White Shark EW 8 Places
    Micro Manage 33’s
    Nicholas T EW 8 Places/66’s EW

Participant
    • Total Posts 16441

Haven’t changed my mind so its
    Live Your Dream and
    Platform Nineteen

Both EW and I think I’l go for an optimistic Rev.Forecast.

Really looking forward to this and being there to cheer them home.
    Good luck all. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2151

Done alittle bet each way on themaxwecan. Main bet on burning victory

VF x

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 946

Whiskey Sour 28/1 EW 7 places for me – Clearly had his issues these past few years but has always been very talented in both codes and its taken on trust that he retains his ability now but he’s on a fair mark having run well in a Chester Cup off this mark and he shaped very well on his sole start this season over hurdles when not fancied in the market, a race which the Racing Post felt was a career best in that discipline which is encouraging. Slight concern he’s not been seen since (April) but if there’s one man you’d fancy to get them here in tip top shape it’d be Willie.

There are obviously plenty of dangers at the front of the market but if I was to have a 2nd go at this I think Elysian Flame will do best of the home challengers he just wasn’t quite a big enough price to tempt me in and at a big price Spanish Kiss was nearly half tempting as an improver who is largely unexposed at these sort of trips.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

I’ve jumped on the Foveros bandwagon and I’m also interested in Spanish Kiss, so it’s those two and Themaxwecan for me.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

On Live Your Dream antepost 20/1 which i’m still happy with. Claimer taking off a handy 5lbs so not too concerned Buick has jumped ship. His mount, Burning Victory, would be my second choice though.

Willie Mullins 1-2-3 wouldn’t be the biggest shock in the world here.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

Added MC Muldoon ew 7 places to my antepost ew Calling The Wind 10-1 selection.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 635

My main fancy here is Whiskey Sour, and I’ve taken 33-1 ew 8 Places

Calling The Wind, win only is the backup bet

Participant
    • Total Posts 16517

Reshoun
    Five wins in June July September October and November.
    Won on good heavy and all weather.
    Versatile regards trip and still on winning mark.
    Won over 12, 14, 16 and 20 furlongs so not inconvenienced by drop.
    Totally underestimated.
    Burning Victory
    Also continues to appeal with two interesting prep races in France expertly exploiting favourable weight terms over there this summer.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5762

I’ve gone with MC Muldoun but Jesus Mullins could win with any of his and it wouldn’t surprise , I really do like goobinator and watching his last win I thought he won really snuggly , not surprised at all he,s only around 14s as he looks the best of the lower weighted horses , at silly prices I’ve got to play Mancini , he,s huge for a horse with some good runs in similar races , beaten by a young 3 year old last time but by no means given a hard race , hopefully he can run into a place

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.