Ayr Gold Cup 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ayr Gold Cup 2019

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  buckers 1 day, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15442

Usual strong entry, and I think it’s as good a set of initial entries as we’ve seen for some time……

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/ayr-gold-cup/winner

Don’t really know where to start, but the first pair to jump out were Donjuan Triumphant, and Librisa Breeze. Neither of them could really be described as Handicap regulars, but both have slipping marks, and that has to tempt connections. There has to be a fair chance that Donjuan will get his ground, the way the weathers been in Ayrshire the last few weeks, never seen so much rain. Very interesting, and I’d be very tempted with that 20’s if I knew this was a serious target. Librisa Breeze has a very disappointing end to his campaign in 2018, and though not seen this year, his run at Deauville during that campaign offered hope, and it’s less than two years since he was winning the Champions Sprint At Ascot. I’d love to see an adequate run from him at the weekend, to protect that mark, and he’s a very big looking 33’s.

Barbill has caught my eye more than once this term, and though I’ve only bet him the once, I always give him a good look. He’s another one who’s mark is slipping, and he had a very decent 2018. No ground worries either, so you don’t have that worry with him. His run at Newmarket last month is worth a look, and I think 33’s is fair.

It’s no surprise to see Danzeno near the head of the market, he’s had a fine time of it this year, and back to 6f with him here, looks the right call. He’s Ed t up in the weights this term, but he’s good value for it.

If you put a line through his run in The Stewards Cup, then I could make a case for Flavius Titus. He certainly wasn’t knocked about when beaten at Goodwood, and though not quite at the top of my list right now, and though I’d want more than 20’s right now, he’s an interesting contender.

Raucous looks underrated at 25’s. He followed up his big run in The Wokingham, with a win at Yarmouth, and though hit with a 6lb rise for that, he still ran a stormer next time, in The Stewards Cup. Looks a solid each way Candidate.

Wouldn’t be a race line this without me mentioning Justanotherbottle. He was desperate in this last year, but had possible excuses with the ground, and if things did dry out, then coming here 9lbs lower, and off the back of a solid run in The Stewards Cup, then I could just stay loyal with him. He was well supported in the lead up to Goodwood, so I’ll watch the market.

Vintage Brut is another who gets a good word from me, though I’ve rarely bet him. I’m convinced he’s going to land something like this, and we should know more if he takes up his engagement at the weekend.

Last but not least, for now anyway, is Vanbrugh. Quiet enough this year, but he’s another who’s slowly getting to a nice mark, and though he’d have to be considered risky at this stage, I thought he had excuses in The Wokingham, and I can’t write him off at all.

That’s merely scraping the surface of the entries, and lots of time to add more to the shortlist.

I’d have Librisa Breze as the most interesting right now, but I’ll keep the cash in my pocket for now.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

Thnaks for putting this up Bobby, hadn’t realised prices were up. Love this race, history behind Robert Sangsters love for the game via this race etc. is brilliant.

Librisa Breeze stands out a mile for me. Nice pipe opener this weekend in the Hungerford and then all guns blazing for this off 105. I’ve had a small stake at 33s to start off.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3078

Pack in in you two, i’m more confused now. :rose:

Had a quick look at this last night and really torn between two.

Not going to back both, but gut says Librisa Breeze & head says Major Jumbo

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15442

Easy to get confused with this one Botch.

Kev, I’m joining you, seen a bit of blue on Oddschecker as a result of your wedge lol, so might as well take a wee bit of the 33’s just in case.

Can’t go mad though in case he wins Saturday. If he puts in a nice quiet run at Newbury, I’ll have a lot more on.

Librisa Breeze 33’s EW

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Donjuan Triumphant at 20/1. Looks to have been layed out for the race and is well handicapped on 108 and that should drop further.

I think Librisa Breeze has bigger fish to fry and will be aimed at group races and not handicas.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15442

Totally agree Potato on both horses.

I’ve covered Librisa Breeze for the G1’s, and I’m close to going back to Donjuan, but I’ll hold off for now, and would be happy with 12’s, 14’s.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3078

Librisa Breeze is a NR. Anyone back with 365 they still offer cashout.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15442

Don’t think it’s the biggest shock Botchy, was too big a run at Newbury.

Hopefully he can run a big race at Haydock or Ascot now.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

I had a great time at Ayr last year, so I’m heading north for the 3 days again.

At 25-1, I would have to say that Raucous is my early selection, but I also like Gunmetal + Major Jumbo, but I will definitely wait till the days leading up to it.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

After that run there, I’ll realky have to bet Raucous just now.

I’m very hopeful after that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.