The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Art History at Donny today

Home Forums Horse Racing Art History at Donny today

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10476

Did anyone see Art History running in the 1.40 Juvenile Hurdle at Donny today (Wednesday) in the race won by 18-1 Tarantela Lady. He didn’t look at all fluent and just before the 3rd from home crashed through the rails having been short of room in what could have been a nasty incident.

I can’t understand why Mark Johnston has sent this brilliant grey by Dalakhani to John Ferguson to run over hurdles when he was doing so well in Class 2 and 3 handicaps last year.

Now he is entered up for another Juvenile hurdle at Kempton on Saturday which seems a bit too soon after a bad experience today.

Any thoughts?

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    HurdygurdymanHurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1559

Looked like a case of Dougie being braver than the horse. Unfortunate was just starting to run at the time. Which is more than I can say for the monkey I backed :cry:

PrestburyPrestbury
    • Total Posts 178

Hi Jac

Not only did I see it I put Art History in my trixie & watched the race on ATR, I never caught the head-on replay so not sure whether young Jack Quinlan was to blame, he’s always struck me as a rather handy claimer.
    He seemed to be starting to make headway when running out of room.
    Thank heavens for plastic rails otherwise it could have been very nasty.
    As ever when these unfortunate things occur I’m more concerned about the welfare of the horse than any thickening of my wallet.

All the best EL

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10476

Hi Jac

Not only did I see it I put Art History in my trixie & watched the race on ATR, I never caught the head-on replay so not sure whether young Jack Quinlan was to blame, he’s always struck me as a rather handy claimer.
    He seemed to be starting to make headway when running out of room.
    Thank heavens for plastic rails otherwise it could have been very nasty.
    As ever when these unfortunate things occur I’m more concerned about the welfare of the horse than any thickening of my wallet.

All the best EL

Quite agree El, I never backed him yesterday was just anxious for his welfare too,and as you so rightly said, thank goodness for the plastic rails. :roll:

I always get jittery when a young horse makes the change from flat to sticks and Art History is a great campaigner on the flat and happens to be a personal favourite of mine having won a couple of times at for me at Newmarket.

Just hope they give him time to adjust and if he looks like he’s not taking to it return him to the flat where IMO he belongs..Jac

PrestburyPrestbury
    • Total Posts 178

Maybe Bloomfields, Johnston & Ferguson think they have another potential OVERTURN on their hands or the owners are just trying to get value for money fron their training fees, either way, flat horse or no, you’d think a bumper would have been the first port of call.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10476

Maybe Bloomfields, Johnston & Ferguson think they have another potential OVERTURN on their hands or the owners are just trying to get value for money fron their training fees, either way, flat horse or no, you’d think a bumper would have been the first port of call.

Guess we’re just going to have to wait and see El, he’s entered up for Saturday 14th and Wednesday 18th January at Newbury.

He’s beautifully bred and he was doing all his best work between the sticks on Tuesday. Looked as though he spooked at the rails when he got a bit too close on the turn.

Mark Johnston is not a trainer to get attached to his horses, it’s business through and through with him and he must have had his reasons for the move.

Art History is a true thinking horse a credit to his sire and hopefully he will learn from this, but would remain worried that this experience may hinder his progress. :roll: Jac

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Art History ‘brilliant’? Have I missed something? :?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.