The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Antepost for Next Year's Cheltenham!

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Antepost for Next Year's Cheltenham!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Having looked at the prices for next years big four races, I cannot see anything that stands out this time. Exotic Dancer was 16/1 before it ran for next years Gold Cup, but I didn’t think it would be cut to 10s if it got beat.

The other markets look tight too.

So out of interest if Denman and Kauto Star run in next year’s Gold Cup who will ride Denman? They don’t really have an alternative race for Denman do they?

DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

Betfred have Kauto at 5/2 and Denman at 5/1 :o . short odds considering how hard it can be to get a horse through a season injury free.

(Edited by Danny at 7:23 pm on Mar. 16, 2007)

• Total Posts 2065

That’s what I thought but they aint giving anything else away are they?

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

They are barmy odds. A year is a hell of a long time in racing. It’s a long time just to stay well.

DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

KAUTO COULD RUN IN THE CHAMPION AND DENMAN COULD GO FOR THE GOLD CUP IF NOT MAYBE DENMAN COULD GO FOR THE NATIONAL UNLIKELY BUT IT’S A OPTION.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Denman could go for the Champion Hurdle, or the Nunthorpe.  They are unlikely too.

• Total Posts 2065

Yes I thought the Champion Chase for Kauto would be an option but how can you not run the Gold Cup if he is fit and healthy to defend his crown? You can’t imo.

The only horse I have backed btw is Katchit ew @ 14s for next years Champion Hurdle.

DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

I’m on Witcha Lineman for the World Hurdle @ 10s.

PaulB
    • Total Posts 75

I think its far to early to be backing antepost imo i feel them prices are crazy that are on offer now!!

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

If Sublimity is still 7/1 for the 2008 Champion Hurdle then look no further for next year’s value.

• Total Posts 2065

It was 1hr ago Corm. The reason I have gone for Katchit is because when you look at the champion Hurdle scene you have from Ireland.

Brave Inca<br>Hardy Eustace<br>Macs Joy<br>Harchibald

All of whom form a large chunk of the betting. How many of those will even run next year let alone be at their peak still?

So that leaves

Sublimity<br>Detroit City<br>Katchit<br>Kawagino?<br>Asian Maze?

Does Detroit City have the required speed? Debatable

So therefore Sublimity and Katchit look cracking value imo.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

On reflection I think Detroit City should be aimed towards to the World Hurdle rather than the Champion. Didn’t go at all on Tuesday and Hobbs team has had a winner since – Massini’s Maguire and Fair Along ran well enough in the Arkle so the stable doesn’t seem to be too under the weather.

• Total Posts 2065

Managed to talk myself into a bet on Sublimity for next year! There didn’t seem any fluke about the win at all; it travelled beautifully and left two previous champion hurdle winners for dead on the run to the line. I’ve plonked £60 on with Betfred @ 7/1

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>I heard that Detroit City was going to go chasing at some stage but he’s only 5 so I don’t think that will happen just yet.

If BJK comes back to form at Aintree or Punchestown, maybe Wichita Lineman will go chasing as well…

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Wasn’t Iktitaf going as well as Sublimity when he came down. Anyone who has taken 7/1 Sublimity now should have their wallets and betting accounts seized to stop themselves doing any further damage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.