The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Angus Loughran

Home Forums Horse Racing Angus Loughran

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529
    apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3216

T C,

I don’t think you’ve studied the job description carefully enough.

Can you read a betting show straight off the screen, whilst emphasising the wrong syllable of every word?

Can you say ‘6/1 into 11/2, the each way gamble of the race’ without giggling?

Can you dress in a manner that makes you look bankrupt (oh, perhaps that one’s explained now) ?

Do you look at least ten years older than your actual age?

Overall, I strongly suspect that a couple of years reading TRF renders you grossly over qualified for the job.

AP

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

The BBC Ascot team is getting weaker by the day.

Angus has gone bankrupt.

Jodie Kidd exposed as Cokehead shocker by the News Of The World (I would assume the BBC wont be asking for her services this year)

Im just on the phone to the News Of The World as we speak as I saw that pompous fashion bloke buying clothes at Top Man yesterday.

That leaves us with Claire Balding and Little Willy to get rid of then the BBC may actually be able to deliver a decent racing program.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

– I don’t look like a pervert
    – I can pronounce the horses’ names correctly
    – I’m not bankrupt (yet)

:lol:

Thought he lived with his mum too? Not saying theres anything wrong with that…but have the police taken away his computer?

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Angus was indeed very close to his mother, but she died a few years ago I believe.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

Last time it was Fallon, now its Statto.

Plenty on here willing to put the boot in when a blokes down on his luck.

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

Last time it was Fallon, now its Statto.

Plenty on here willing to put the boot in when a blokes down on his luck.

You have double standards then?

It was only last Saturday when you were ready, willing and able to stick the boot into me for daring to lay Denman at 1.21.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

I didn’t stick the boot in, I asked you to email me (address was provided) as your tissue had Denman at 5/2 which I would have happily accommodated. That was it. In fact I admire anyone who forms an opinion of their own, horseracing or otherwise.

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

My tissue making Celestial Gold a 4/9 shot was somewhat tongue in cheek. My opinion that I wanted to take Denman on at 1.21 was very serious.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Triple …you are in form today :D

As for putting the boot in, someone whos credibility is that of a shrewd gambler and whos probably well paid (and rather nice) employment is based upon this, is a bit of an open goal when goes bankrupt

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Certainly his creditability as a betting expert is fair game. However, I’m not sure why, on the day when a man is declared bankrupt, comments such as these are necessary:

Thought he lived with his mum too? Not saying theres anything wrong with that…but have the police taken away his computer?

There are rumours that a remake of Psycho is being made, with Angus as Norman Bates

Childish, unnecessary and in pretty poor taste.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Agreed, Andrew, and whilst he may not be the most popular chap out there, suggestions that he ‘looks like a pervert’ have no place here imho.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Seconded.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

grumpyt
    • Total Posts 23

plenty here giving him ****… you all with out sin boys

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Triple Crown

A man has been declared bankrupt. Your considered response to the news was to suggest that he looked like a pervert. You went on to respond to the poster who pointed out that Loughran’s mother had died a few years back by likening him to ‘Psycho’.

If you don’t rate him as a betting expert, that is one thing. But this kind of abuse belongs in the playground.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.