The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Angrove Rumbaba & the Middleham open Day

Home Forums Horse Racing Angrove Rumbaba & the Middleham open Day

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Angrovestud
    • Total Posts 60

Its exciting news that Angrove Rumbaba will be in his stable at Micky Hammonds ready to welcome everyone who visits the Middleham open day on Good Friday the 6th of April Starts at 9.30 all stables are open till 1pm.

http://www.middlehamstablesopenday2012.co.uk/
    the Official site

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Middl … 1342755667
    Facebook page is Great!

Rummy as hes known at home is well underway in his training and progressing nicely and all who ride him really like him.

for anyone who would lke to meet Rummy we will be with him and look forward to seeing as many as would like to meet him

Rummy ridden by Rebecca Smith upsides winner Gonow

Angrovestud
    • Total Posts 60

First race Hexham at 5pm 23rd of April 2012

Miss Woodford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1335

Let’s hope he does better than Modern Society, the other skewbald "running" in the UK.
    http://www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_ … horse_form

trapper john
    • Total Posts 196

best of luck hope he runs well for you

Angrovestud
    • Total Posts 60

Thank you both! Yes it must have quiet a dissapointment for connections thank fully Rummy is bred very differently to the Lethal Frame Overos Horses, he has a lot more bone and has jumps breeding on his sires side, advanced eventers in the sires family. if it works and he holds his own I shall be more then happy

Angrovestud
    • Total Posts 60

Very Proud of Rummy and his Jockey Rebecca they came home 4th making him the higest place Painted /Coloured racehorse in the UK we are just pleased hes proved it can be done with the right trainer and jockey. :D

Crepello1957
    Participant
    • Total Posts 734

Is he registered as a half bred in that stud book? As he isn’t thoroughbred, he has Irish Draught very close in his pedigree.

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Irish Draught? That’s abit unsual isn’t it in a racehorse? How close up?

Crepello1957
    Participant
    • Total Posts 734

Well it says Irish Sport Horse, but looks like a lot of draught in them. Click on Zhivago & My Sioux on the posted pedigree.
    It will certainly have given him some bone. Maybe a good thing for long term thoughts on jumping breeding as in the past there were horses with this type of pedigree. When I mean past the 1930s!
    Be interesting to see how he does.http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?z=ta8V … &x=28&y=12

Angrovestud
    • Total Posts 60

Angrove Rumbaba is 87.5% TB he is 7/8th TB his sire was by a registered tb stallion but the breeder registered him as a sports horse so his breeding the breeding is unrecorded as far as Wetherbys are concerned but the sire Ricco use to belong to me and his passport was from a Weatherbys passport and was registered with Scottish Sports Horse. Ricco Is Angrove Rumbabas sire and he is 3/4 TB 75% Riccos dam was a cross bred by and out of two half breds the TBs being flying Bee a four times winner and placed horse 10 times sire of four advanced eventers and racehorses the other sire of Zhivago is Top Hat a winner of 6 races and also a sire of advanced eventers and racehorses
    I do think the bone is very much needed in jumpers and it has not done any harm to Angrove Rumbaba
    Please excuse any bad grammer or spelling mistakes I am badly dyslexic

Crepello1957
    Participant
    • Total Posts 734

01 May 2012, 13:28
    Angrove Rumbaba is 87.5% TB he is 7/8th TB his sire was by a registered tb stallion but the breeder registered him as a sports horse so his breeding the breeding is unrecorded as far as Wetherbys are concerned but the sire Ricco use to belong to me and his passport was from a Weatherbys passport and was registered with Scottish Sports Horse. Ricco Is Angrove Rumbabas sire and he is 3/4 TB 75% Riccos dam was a cross bred by and out of two half breds the TBs being flying Bee a four times winner and placed horse 10 times sire of four advanced eventers and racehorses the other sire of Zhivago is Top Hat a winner of 6 races and also a sire of advanced eventers and racehorses
    I do think the bone is very much needed in jumpers and it has not done any harm to Angrove Rumbaba
    Please excuse any bad grammer or spelling mistakes I am badly dyslexic

This is really interesting & I hope that you might begin to set a trend that other breeders might follow.
    He looks a super stamp of horse & I hope he is really successful!

Angrovestud
    • Total Posts 60

Thank you so much we are pleased he has so much stamina and scope keeping fingers crossed for him :D

Angrovestud
    • Total Posts 60

Rummy is off for another spin round Hexham on Saturday lets hope the rain stops other wise he turns in to a brown horse !

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5503

Angrove Rumbaba has made it on to the BBC News website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20345980

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.