Albert Bartlett

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2015 Albert Bartlett

This topic contains 64 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by thehorsesmouth thehorsesmouth 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

Been thinking they very same notion as you there. Can see meade having at lest 2 winners over the week. h e has some real nice chances and they are all very backable prices. Suspect you will make profit following him blind this year.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5650

Know nothing about Snow Falcon, Tommy, but your vote is good enough for me. Unusually, 365 who are NRNB everything, are far and away biggest at 40s, at which I’ve had a tenner!

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

Know nothing about Snow Falcon, Tommy, but your vote is good enough for me. Unusually, 365 who are NRNB everything, are far and away biggest at 40s, at which I’ve had a tenner!

Thanks Joe :) At that sort of price he’s definitely worth a go. It’s hard to know how the British and Irish form stacks up but if the Irish protagonists were to race tomorrow I’d guess Snow Falcon would be no bigger than 8 or 9/1.

Johnnyjobbler
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9

The more i look at this race the more i fancy Martello tower. 14/1 is a cracking price, stays all day and almost impossible to get by (just ask Outlander). Only slight worry is that he has never run on genuinely good ground, but at 14/1 and with top class form in the book he has to be worth a few bob!

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I think Lizzie would love another crack at riding that race. She seemed to me to be undecided throughout. The horse was keen and quite free, but she seemed to be reining him back frequently as though trying to give him an easy race, and I think it took quite a bit out of him.

Can’t make up my mind if his jumping is an asset or not. Gets pretty high, almost as though afraid of hitting it, but often lands flat-footed sacrificing momentum. Stuck on bravely, and I wouldn’t be too despondent.

The handicapper put Tea For Two down 5 lbs for that effort to 148, which looks correct, as his Lanzarote rating of 153 was probably fanciful in retrospect.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Having looked at this race more thoroughly I have decided to back Blaklion each-way at 14/1. He just seems the type sure to run his race and be thereabouts on the day.

I can’t have Black Hercules at his silly odds based on two awful looking race wins. A maiden hurdle at 1/6 that has seen 31 subsequent runs and zero wins was followed by a 4/7 success on heavy ground over 3 miles, from a 136 rated horse who dropped a full mile in trip on his next start.

I think it’s ridiculous to see Black Hercules at 4/1 in a place, based on so little form in the book.

Of course, others will think Willie Mullins is god and will point to the horse winning at 5/2 as “The bet of a lifetime” should he prevail.

Not for me though.

Blaklion 14/1 each-way

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

I think the form of Black Hercules second win is strong, personally rate Alpha Des Obeaux highly and three miles is definitely his trip, not the two miles he ran over against Douvan, which was one of the strangest bits of placing I’ve seen this season. Black Hercules is short enough now though and not having ran since must be a concern.

As I’ve said earlier, I’m big on No More Heroes and have a small bit on Snow Falcon, but I can see the reasoning in backing Blaklion. I think he and Martello Tower are very similar sorts. Both prefer three miles but ran over an inadequate trip last time, and both look extremely tough. Nether know how to run a bad race.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I think the form of Black Hercules second win is strong, personally rate Alpha Des Obeaux highly and three miles is definitely his trip, not the two miles he ran over against Douvan, which was one of the strangest bits of placing I’ve seen this season. Black Hercules is short enough now though and not having ran since must be a concern.

As I’ve said earlier, I’m big on No More Heroes and have a small bit on Snow Falcon, but I can see the reasoning in backing Blaklion. I think he and Martello Tower are very similar sorts. Both prefer three miles but ran over an inadequate trip last time, and both look extremely tough. Nether know how to run a bad race.

Willie Mullins said it was always the plan to come straight to Cheltenham with Black Hercules but the owner said it was a pity that they hadn’t been able to get another race into him this year.

Sounds like they need to compare hymn sheets before singing to the press ;-)

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5650

Steve, T42 looks well overpriced to me at 33s. I think Lizzy ballsed it up last time – the horse is twice the price it should be imo. I’m backing it and Definitly Red at 25s

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7685

I’ve just spent ages looking at the race and came up with T42 and Definately Red. Could have saved myself a bit of time! Think they’re quite closely linked form wise, added to which T42 has got first time headgear and horses seem to be winning from the front. Both 25’s at Ladbrokes at the moment.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 597

Thought T42 was too big at 20s after the Lanzarote, turns out I should have waited. Never mind, think he’s in with a real chance.

Also have a big soft spot for Carraci Apache, so I’ve backed both.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25882

I’ve backed Blaklion 14/1, Value At Risk 12/1, Out Sam 16/1 and Definitely Red 25/1 with a saver on Martello Tower 10/1.

Two things may explain T42’s seemingly big price. Nick Williams stable is once again struggling for form in March. And – although am a great fan of Lizzie Kelly, she imo gives an advantage of two or three pounds in handicaps… She is not able to claim in these conditions races. So the opposite is true here, horse is effectively carrying overweight. Backed Blaklion for similar reason, Sam Twister replacing claimer unable to claim in recent races – Ryan Hatch. Think Blaklion is better than able to show. Saw/backed him in the Challow, staying on 3rd, 3m is going to suit. Winner and second franked the form, running excellent races in Neptune, Parlour Games 2nd and 4th Vyta Du Rock, both a bit unlucky. Former came from the back in slowly run race and latter making a bad mistake at the last, costing him a place. T42 not for me, but definitely Definitely Red. Stable in cracking form of late. Horse finds more when needed and has the right man in the saddle for a prominent ride, Richard Johnson.

Can see why the top two in the market are favourite and second fav, but why are they so far in front of the others? :scratch:

I was there when Value At Risk had his hurdles debut at Newbury, impressive. Then went to Cheltenham where a slowly run 2 1/2 did not suit. Coming back at the winner after looking sure to drop away. Extremely well thought of by up and coming stable.

Out Sam is another that impressed at Newbury before going on to another good victory at Ascot.

I’ve saved on Martello Tower. Staying on really well in 2nd in a Grade 2 at Leopardstown last time out. Coming out the best horse at the weights. Should step up again back at 3m.

value is everything
    ivanjica
    ivanjica
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Milsean just finished runner up at 33/1 at Cheltenham. Beaten the last twice at 4/5 and 1/4.

Davy Russell commented after the Windsor Lad run that its all about one day, seeming to imply results earlier in the season are somehow irrelevant.

They are not irrelevant to punters who lose money when clearly horses were not conditioned to do themselves justice.

Will the stewards/authorities take any action?

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I knew Tea For Two was done for after his poor effort last time. There was nothing to suggest that the extra distance was going to suit. His best form was forcing the pace over shorter and to me that’s what they should get back to doing with him. The stable are out of form here as well.

Blaklion was disappointing but then the stable came here with little more than a handful of contenders and they have had a week to forget completely to this point.

A tough old finish and some game staying from the leading three home.

Black Hercules went off, as I had pondered he might, at silly odds. It has been a great week for the stable but they can’t all win and he was one of my lays of the meeting.

Hard lines to Thehorsesmouth if he backed Milsean. I know Tommy gave a good word for the horse early doors and then had to see him disappoint rather badly. He very nearly pulled it off.

Well done to Martello Tower fans, he was most game in the finish today.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25882

Milsean just finished runner up at 33/1 at Cheltenham. Beaten the last twice at 4/5 and 1/4.

Davy Russell commented after the Windsor Lad run that its all about one day, seeming to imply results earlier in the season are somehow irrelevant.

They are not irrelevant to punters who lose money when clearly horses were not conditioned to do themselves justice.

Will the stewards/authorities take any action?

Milsean needs to lead Ivanjica, usually finding nothing off the bridle (as last twice). Only puts it all in now and again. He put it all in today, may be Cheltenham suits him.

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.