Albert Bartlett

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2015 Albert Bartlett

This topic contains 64 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by thehorsesmouth thehorsesmouth 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Talking of

No More Heroes

, I saw the following image the other day.

Hope it’s not an omen for Cheltenham :shock:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=phili … 1280%3B815

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

The Young Fella
    The Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2078

Any thoughts on

Beast Of Burden

? He slammed a useful 140+ stick Mendip Express at Bangor last week.

He might try the Neptune but looks like a better fit to this race to my eyes.

Nenni
    Nenni
    Participant
    • Total Posts 397

I was very impressed with Beast of Burden (2016 RSA winner IMO). After the race Rebecca Curtis said Paul Townend recommended a drop back in trip so the Neptune looks favourite.

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

Talking of No More Heroes, I saw the following image the other day.

Hope it’s not an omen for Cheltenham :shock:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=phili … 1280%3B815

The last of the 10/1 dried up today, so it seems punters are willing to wade in despite the above image, which it is rumoured has Michael O’Leary worried. Hopefully the opposition will be crying ‘No more!, Heroes, no more!" :)

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

Any thoughts on Beast Of Burden? He slammed a useful 140+ stick Mendip Express at Bangor last week.

He might try the Neptune but looks like a better fit to this race to my eyes.

I wouldn’t read to much into a small field race around Bangor. Mendip Express is basically a mature staying chaser who might well be on the decline. Having said that Beast Of Burden looks as if he might have plenty more to come. At the moment he is short on experience and he may well get ‘lost’ against much better rivals at Cheltenham. He was probably worth a small dabble at 50’s which has now been taken.

Nenni
    Nenni
    Participant
    • Total Posts 397

The Bangor race is the same one she won with O’Faolains Boy before that one went on to finish 4th in the Albert Bartlett. In terms of experience OFB had run under rules 3 times before Bangor same as B of B, though OFB had also previously run in a couple of points.

sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

I t for what he’s done. He has however ran a good time figure. I would have wanted a better round of jumping, he’d need to be more fluent, he was messy.

A horse I have been waiting for goes tomorrow in the same race Brindisi Breeze took before his win. Fletchers Flyer should out class tomorrow and fully expect him to shorten. Was worried as he traded as high as 70-1 a few weeks ago, now I wish I had increased. He jumps to the side, I believe he went left last time, so hopefully that is sorted tomorrow. Interesting contender.

sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

Meant to say BB is a bit short.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Tea For Two is out tomorrow in a race that has cup up quite badly to only four runners. Tea For Two hosed up in The Lanzarote, a race where opinions on the merits of the form vary somewhat. He was raised a chunk by the handicapper and was the highest rated in the race, by quite a way in some cases, of the early entries. Perhaps his presence has persuaded others to head elsewhere.

A general average price of around 1/2 it is clearly going to be disappointing if he can’t win tomorrow’s race, which is just shy of 2 and a half miles. The worry I have, having picked him for The Albert Bartlett, is that he wins well at the trip and they are tempted to go the Neptune route instead. The trainer has said a couple of times that they feel the longer race is the right one to aim him at and I have to hope that his mind stays in the same direction after tomorrow. If he doesn’t win this, it won’t matter either way.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Well that’s Tea For Two’s bubble burst. Never travelled with the same zest today and had a couple of sticky jumps on the way. It didn’t look at all like stepping up in trip would help him. If anything the reverse was true. Very poor effort there.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5646

I think Lizzie would love another crack at riding that race. She seemed to me to be undecided throughout. The horse was keen and quite free, but she seemed to be reining him back frequently as though trying to give him an easy race, and I think it took quite a bit out of him.

Can’t make up my mind if his jumping is an asset or not. Gets pretty high, almost as though afraid of hitting it, but often lands flat-footed sacrificing momentum. Stuck on bravely, and I wouldn’t be too despondent.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I think Lizzie would love another crack at riding that race. She seemed to me to be undecided throughout. The horse was keen and quite free, but she seemed to be reining him back frequently as though trying to give him an easy race, and I think it took quite a bit out of him.

Can’t make up my mind if his jumping is an asset or not. Gets pretty high, almost as though afraid of hitting it, but often lands flat-footed sacrificing momentum. Stuck on bravely, and I wouldn’t be too despondent.

For me, Tea For Two had to win that one well today and I just don’t see him as a contender.

I’d tend to agree that the jockey was a bit non-committal but felt the horse just lacked the oomph he’d shown the time before.

The old Homburg will be deep fried and scoffed if there is a Tea In The Park Festival at Cheltenham this year.

darranm3
    darranm3
    • Total Posts 121

Any word on Hendersons Vyta Du Roc? Hasn’t ran since the ‘Challow’ but ran on well that day behind Parlour Games,thought hed go well in this but heard nothing of his well being since?

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

I’ve had small money on Snow Falcon here at 70’s on the machine, so was pleased to read in today’s Racing Post that this is the target rather than the Neptune. He’s unexposed and looks a potentially big improver for this sort of test, having hacked up last time over 2m 7f. He’s 50/1 with the bookies and in an open looking race that’s well overpriced imo, he’ll do for me as back up to No More Heroes.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 567

THM: Backed him EW myself at 50s mate and stuck in EW trixie with Road to Riches and Monksland :-)

Come on Noel – you can do it lol

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.