Albert Bartlett

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2015 Albert Bartlett

This topic contains 64 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by thehorsesmouth thehorsesmouth 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

Gigginstown have a powerful string of novice hurdlers, with Tell Us More the pick of them for me, but that horse looks likelier for the Neptune.

No More Heroes

looks to be heading for this race and I’ve taken 8/1 after today’s victory over Shaneshill at Navan. This is probably the best novice hurdle form on offer so far, this side of the water at any rate, and with further improvement expected when stepped up in trip he looks a superb prospect.

Big day for this fellow tomorrow. He faces a very strong field of staying novices over 2m 4f at Leopardstown, where he has to give weight to Windsor Park, Killultagh Vic, Outlander among others and races off levels with the tough Martello Tower. The form of his run with Shaneshill is still the best novice hurdle form around and he’ll hopefully take this en route to a step up in trip at Cheltenham. This is the type of horse you’d love to own imo, a star of the future.

sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

I hope, hope, hope NMH goes in today. Been attacking him all Christmas.

On the brit side of things, I have exposed myself too much on Fletchers Flyer. Anyone know much about stable plans. Fry has two around the 16-1 mark. I was concerned as he drifted to around 25 for a short while. He has now 20s on the exchanges.

He has hung left yet he ran a solid ts figure lately, has a pointing background which i love for this race and he looks a huge stayer. Hoping he comes out in a trial and runs an even better TS figure. I like to punt on horses who show progressive RPR and TS figures going p each race. I want to see a better time from NMH, yet to break 100 TS.

sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

That is misleading, the last paragraph is also about FF not NMH.

sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

No More Heroes – More like No More Hope.

sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

Can see him still going for AB. The winner and McKinley going Neptune and now, sadly Tell Us More might be Supreme. Sadly hammered into him ew Neptune, just had a sneaky go at 25-1 with betfair on TUM in the Supreme. 1 point.

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

Disappointing from No More Heroes today, but I don’t believe that was his true running for a minute. Whether he was below par due to drying ground or some other reason I don’t know, but he was never travelling or jumping today.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I didn’t write the above?

Sorry, not sure what happened there. I think there was an issue with the number of quotes within quotes you are allowed to have, and when I deleted one of the quotes, a paragraph got nested within the wrong quote. It should have read as replying to the other poster.

Apologies for that technical glitch there.

I have amended my post to correct the issue.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Nick Williams has confirmed that Tea For Two is likely to go for this race. He also stated that the horse will have another race in February.

I am assuming the race formerly called The Prestige at Haydock over 3 miles would be the logical target?

He’s still 20/1 and after No More Heroes effort today I would be worried about him now. I can’t have Black Hercules at 6/1 for this based on so little form but knowing the way things go he’ll probably end up ridiculously short and hose in on the day to knowing winks and nods from the shrewdies.

shabby
    shabby
    • Total Posts 638

Serious question.
    7 or 8 years ago before we had the Albert Bartlett, horses that disappointed in Neptune trials….rather than suggesting they looked good prospects for the 3 miler…how did we describe them?
    Can I suggest….slow?

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476

Black Hercules at 6/1 for this based on so little form but knowing the way things go he’ll probably end up ridiculously short and hose in on the day to knowing winks and nods from the shrewdies.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/smile/happy-nodding-smiley-face-emoticon.gif

Nice horse that Black Hercules :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

Disappointing from No More Heroes today, but I don’t believe that was his true running for a minute. Whether he was below par due to drying ground or some other reason I don’t know, but he was never travelling or jumping today.

Unsurprisingly Gordon Elliott said in today’s RP that No More Heroes scoped badly after the race, and that Cooper said he was never travelling or jumping, but he didn’t need Cooper to tell him that.

I’m glad a valid reason for the poor run has arisen and I’ve now viewed the effort in a different light. He was only beaten 7.5 lengths giving the winner five pounds, misses practically every hurdle and never travelled with any zest. That’s not the real No More Heroes and to get as close as he did was a big run in the circumstances.

I’m not sure I buy that he won’t like better ground as his pedigree would suggest otherwise. His Navan form is as good as any staying novice I’ve seen and as such I’ve gone in again at 14/1. A gift of a price in my opinion.

Shack1
    Shack1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 513

Unsurprisingly Gordon Elliott said in today’s RP that No More Heroes scoped badly after the race, and that Cooper said he was never travelling or jumping, but he didn’t need Cooper to tell him that.

I’m glad a valid reason for the poor run has arisen and I’ve now viewed the effort in a different light. He was only beaten 7.5 lengths giving the winner five pounds, misses practically every hurdle and never travelled with any zest. That’s not the real No More Heroes and to get as close as he did was a big run in the circumstances.

I’m not sure I buy that he won’t like better ground as his pedigree would suggest otherwise. His Navan form is as good as any staying novice I’ve seen and as such I’ve gone in again at 14/1. A gift of a price in my opinion.

14s would be a gift if we knew for sure a) the scoping was genuine and b) if a) is true, that he fully recovers in the next few weeks and turns up at Cheltenham fighting fit.
    I don’t like backing anything that has not finished close up and in the frame prior to the Festival.
    I am rather sceptical of trainers throwing out the ready made excuses for their charges been beaten, however Elliot does seem a genuine sort of bloke.

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

14s would be a gift if we knew for sure a) the scoping was genuine and b) if a) is true, that he fully recovers in the next few weeks and turns up at Cheltenham fighting fit.
    I don’t like backing anything that has not finished close up and in the frame prior to the Festival.
    I am rather sceptical of trainers throwing out the ready made excuses for their charges been beaten, however Elliot does seem a genuine sort of bloke.

There was definitely something amiss, so I’m inclined to take Elliott at his word. For a relatively inexperienced trainer he is one I have huge respect for with horses going to Cheltenham and he seems to know what he has more often than not. Fingers crossed here anyway.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I like No More Heroes too Tommy, I sort of missed the boat with him earlier and, at the time, Tea For Two was the one that tempted me at his odds. Now that No More Heroes is 14/1 I am more interested.

I reckon Black Hercules is way short odds on actual form and Blaklion seems to have had his limitations exposed on a couple of occasions. There’s a below par effort to forgive but if the horse bounces back he’s great each way at 14/1.

Whatever happened to the Heroes?

andrewhill343
    andrewhill343
    Participant
    • Total Posts 191

Would be interested to find out if anyone knows what’s happened to In The Rough. After winning a decent race at Cheltenham in October, he was one of my fancies for this. Heard nothing about him since and is not priced up anywhere.

Any clues?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.