The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,174 through 1,190 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

I never asked or wanted Fist banned. "Hope David knows that I personally would not take TRF/him to court over what’s written on here. But am sure Cormack can not afford to take the chance of keeping such loose cannons on here. If Fist does not respond to warnings from Cormack, and did this to me, he could do it to someone who would take legal action". ie Had no choice but to ban Fist (not for the first time).

It’s a shame, because Fist knew a lot about the game and I enjoyed a lot of his meanderings.

"But I’d be grateful if you’d delete that accusation Grimes. Am sure your God wouldn’t like you using such a falsehood." :evil:

Mark

The above 2 comments just about sum you up Ginge………..****** Pathetic! It wouldn’t enter my head to even contemplate threatening court action against anyone on here because I can take all the abuse I get and just laugh it off,if you are going to be controversial and you can certainly ‘attempt’ to be, you have to take a bit of stick,it makes up for mundane racing! Lighten up for GOrDS sake! :lol:

Oh P-LEASE! Read what I said again Gord. (Ginge sighs) :lol:
    It wouldn’t enter my head to take legal action either.

But then again, for you to twist what I say is what everyone expects now! :roll:

Oh and…
    It isn’t me who’s stooped to swearing, so may be it is not me who should "lighten up". :wink: :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any thoughts on MANGAMITY in the hennessy also i know you like
    HARRY THE VIKING in welsh national. but any other horses in market you like in race. i like LOST GLORY at 25/1 he won a decent race last time at Chepstow he did. but he bigger on betfair so may not line up but also on T43 at 8/1 too.

Magnanimity

has never repeated his 2011 RSA performance but bearing in mind he was a good 8 seconds behind

First Lieutenants

time a year later over the same C/D on Good ground,perhaps he’s just not that good Darren,he’s certainly very well handicapped for an RSA horse though with 10-3lb on his back and I’m a great believer in the RSA/Hennessey connection.On genuine Good ground I know

First Lieutenant

and

Bobs Worth

would have it between them but on what could be Heavy ground I’m staying loyal to a very old friend of mine in

Tidal Bay

.8/1 with Ladbrokes is still generous.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"Gingertipster":31g6wa3t wrote:

Oh P-LEASE! Read what I said again Gord. (Ginge sighs) :lol:
    It wouldn’t enter my head to take legal action either.

If it doesn’t enter your head then how did the mere implication of such action manage to make its way in print on here then? :roll: To put it in Black and White suggests to me………Someone who has 3 degrees in human psychology that you would take such action and thus M’lud was almost threatening Fist with said actions that shall remain unmentioned forthwith.You by your own admission are telling me what you think and what you actually write dont tally up,maybe thats why you have to back half the bloody field in every race to show a profit………….because you lack confidence in commitment which when put under the spotlight causes you to contradict yourself.Fist exposed these weaknesses and you unknowingly lured him to his demise because you genuinely confused your A*se with your Elbow……….Or thats what you want us to think,some may fall for your patter but not I!! :lol:

• Total Posts 614

3 degrees in psychology :lol: :lol: whoooooooooooppppppppppp … don’t you mean you wanted to do a degree in psychology, but you only completed 3% of the course. :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Whatever I say you are going to twist it to mean whatever you want it to mean Gord. I just ask others to judge me on what I write actually means and NOT what TAPK thinks it means. :roll: :lol:

By the way, I don’t do badly out of my "lack of confidence… contradict(ion)… and weaknesses". :lol: Now how are you doing with that over confidence of yours… :mrgreen: Maybe you should learn a thing or two Gord? :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Gord, then you put your foot in it by pointing out that his tips seemed to follow someone else’s. Something like that.

Had hoped to reply to some comments in a few pms, but once again need to try and clear my name.

See Gord, that’s what you get when you accuse me of being a "fake, cheat and charlatan". People jumping to their own conclusions and reinforcing their own prejudices; as it did with Fist. Unfortunately, Fist took your comments to mean something very similar to Grimes, and it resulted in him saying stuff that was potentially libellous. I haven’t had any correspondence with Cormack about Fist’s ban, but presume that was the reason for it.

I don’t know exactly what Fist said after I went to bed that night, as it was all deleted. But by clicking on Hurdygurdyman’s name (for a history of his latest posts) you can see one line of a now deleted post…

“Geez, I was only asking if the bets he posts are real… He’s answered my question and I now realise it is not him that’s making the 12%”.

ie Fist accused me of using other people’s tips as my own.

I never asked or wanted Fist banned. Hope David knows that I personally would not take TRF/him to court over what’s written on here. But am sure Cormack can not afford to take the chance of keeping such loose cannons on here. If Fist does not respond to warnings from Cormack, and did this to me, he could do it to someone who would take legal action. ie Had no choice but to ban Fist (not for the first time).

It’s a shame, because Fist knew a lot about the game and I enjoyed a lot of his meanderings.

Grimes,
    From what I read, I believe Gord’s comments of "fake, cheat and charlatan" were aimed at my "percentage mantra". ie He thinks I just pick a horse/s out of a race and back it/them – without doing any percentage assessment. From what I saw, he never once did anything close to

"pointing out that his tips seemed to follow someone else’s. Something like that".

I am aware being a very religious chap, you might attack any confirmed athiest at any opportunity. But I’d be grateful if you’d delete that accusation Grimes. Am sure your God wouldn’t like you using such a falsehood. :evil:

Mark

Only too happy to, Mark. I left the bit about your seeming to be jealous of Gord…. well, maybe it was the attention he was getting …. but I remember him putting us in the way of some very good horses and bets last season.

Some people like characters who behave larger than life others don’t. It’s the just the way we are. But there was always a hint of self-mockery about Gord, as there was with Mohammed Ali. It makes all the difference.

You will surely remember there was a truly outstanding young British boxer, I believe of Somali extraction, with an enormous punch, who might have become a true great, world-wide – ended up doing back-flips and all sorts just getting into the ring – but his antics were absolutely bereft of any irony; it was just the narcissism of a giant ego. And nobody could like him. I doubt if even his own team could stand him. But out two Greatests, Gord and Ali, are cut from a very different cloth.

To me, that envy I seemed to see in your posts to Gord and about him, was a little flaw of yours, and you’ve a lot of good points, too judging from your posts generally. But we’ve all got much bigger flaws, anyway, so it wasn’t anything to write home about.

But I really don’t like any of this ill-will on here, because it’s so unnecessary. This should be a place where we can take the pee out of each other in a happy way. There’s nothing like a spot of banter – it’s what I miss about the army. We should only be competing against each other through the good offices(sic) of the bookies, and our tips.

I thought it might be a bit risky, but I asked Gord if it was permitted to laugh at the thought of him taking anger-management classes! But he took it in good part, as I expected he would. But I wasn’t game to ask him how his classes had been going, as I’d read recently about someone in an anger-management class causing an affray, grievous bodily harm or some such in it, and I was wondering if it was him! But I like to quit while I’m ahead. Which isn’t too often, alas. Well, it hasn’t been lately.

• Total Posts 614

http://i50.tinypic.com/2zfsqqb.jpg

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Tidal Bay

.8/1 with Ladbrokes is still generous.

Bobs Worth and First Lieutenent are good selections Gord.
    Tidal Bay will be double figures come off time, I wouldn’t back him at double Laddies odds.

Value Is Everything
    GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Having also backed Tidal Bay I am gutted the course has dried out!! I cannot see past Bobs Worth now and 9/2 may look very good, will also back him to win this and the gold cup should the price be right :-)

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

I have a sneaky feeling that Falcon Island will be running a big race in 340 tomorrow, I’d rather have 20s EW about him than 4s the favourite who is nigh on a stone worse off for a ten length beating of my fancy :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The King of foresight cant even predict the bloody weather.Next years Gold Cup winner

First Lieutenant

runs in tomorrows Hennessey and as much as I should be delighted I’m also very wary that he doesn’t get too hard a race on ground that will still be less than ideal,this fellow is a good 10lb better on proper Good ground! As for Bryan Cooper keeping the ride I can only assume Davy is already committing himself to ‘Sir des Champs’!! :shock: I see

Magnanimity

is also running and he is the Dark horse of the race but you cant back them all Ginge!!!I’m hoping both this years RSA runners run to form as it will be close between them and so long as both get placed along with

Tidal Bay

I’ll have no reason to be dissapointed.What has been a concern as it was last year is the fact Gigginstown have several potential Gold Cup horses and I dont want my ‘First Lieutenant’ to run in anything else, by running over 31/4m tomorrow only confirms to me that he will be Gold cup bound for sure……..A little Mouse will ensure that anyway!!
    Looking at the Ante-Post market for the Cheltenham Gold Cup I see my horse is still a ridiculous 20/1 with Sporting Bet,16/1 with everyone else now if he runs like a Pig tomorrow he’ll drift out to 33/1 and there’s genuine reasons why he could do just that,if he does all I’ll do is back him again anyway,now should he win then he goes single figures for March so nows the time to snaffle the last of the 20’s methinks!

First Lieutenant

£100 e/w 20/1 Sporting Bet Cheltenham Gold Cup.
    £10083

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

100/1 to do the Hennessy and Gold Cup double with Hills Gord 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

As for Bryan Cooper keeping the ride I can only assume Davy is already committing himself to ‘Sir des Champs’!! :shock:

I thought Davy Russell was staying for

Un Atout

but he wasn’t declared. What seems obvious now is that it’ll take something special for Davy to cross the channel when he has a good book of rides at home. His number one goal is to retain his jockey’s championship. He’s rode the first two winners at Fairyhouse incidentally. That being said, if

Sir Des Champs

runs in the King George I don’t expect to see Mr. Russell at Leopardstown :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

100/1 to do the Hennessy and Gold Cup double with Hills Gord 8)

Well spotted Boz! Managed to get £20 on but as an insurance policy I’ve had £25 on

Bobs worth

at 20/1 to do the same! :lol: 150/1 about a 12yo

Tidal Bay

might just be pushing it though!!

• Total Posts 614

Well in Gordon. You couldn’t have scripted in better.

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

TAPK: as you know I like my fc, I’d backed tidal bay when the going was heavy, already backed first lt for gold cup so took 5s about bobs worth today and 2 rfc but didn’t think of the tricast doh!!!

I too took both the 100s first lt and doubled my stake on bobs at 20s for the double, a good day at the office, I’ve taken 14s first lt for the Ryanair as I can’t have him beating bob

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Well done Gord any reason why you do not fancy BOBS WORTH for gold cup at Cheltenham as i know you like FIRST LIEUTENIANT.

And looking at form of a race at Ascot earlier this year it is a shame INVICTUS not out this year when you think he had both BOBS WORTH and SILVIANIO CONTI behind him.

Also mate only had 2winners today ULUCK DE LIN 5/1 and our old friend JUNIOR.What you think of that performance i remember Pipe saying last year he would not act on soft ground always wanted it fast. but i thought he done really well.He also jumped very well too and for the last 2years both top weights have won this race i had HEY BIG SPENDER as well too.

Any thoughts on racing in Ireland on sunday as well some top graded races there are can’t wait to see ARVIKA.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,174 through 1,190 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.