The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 851 through 867 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I’ve done exactly the same thing I did in last years 2000gns and thats have £500 win on Ladbrokes 6/1 fav,last year it was ‘Camelot’ this time its

Dawn Approach

.I’ll let the horse do the talking today now.I wouldn’t give up on ‘Cristoforo Colombo’ yet either,I found it strange that he even contested the ‘Middle Park’ as he seemed outpaced throughout,he did run a bit flat mind!

Dawn Approach

£500 win 6/1 Ladbrokes 2013,2000gns.

£9000

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Even money in running was like taking candy from a baby there and talking of Babies,No not you Ginge,

Dawn Approach

himself,the pennies still not dropped yet with this fellow! When it does……..Whoosh!!. And he’ll get a 112/m stood on his head! :wink: 5/2 seems about right for the 2000gns although I did say he’d be 2/1fav after this race……….4 months ago! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Maybe it’s because you haven’t had a winner on this thread since May! :lol: 80 pages of your "blow your own" thread without a win! :lol: Hope Cristo gets you off the cold list mate. What is it now? 40 bets without a winner! Just 2 winners in 91 pages. Two winners at 11/2 and 6/1 at a strike rate of around 3%. :shock: Have I made a mistake in my calculations Gord? I make it £13,280 staked (without counting ane-post wagers still to run) Return £7231.25 for a

:o

Where is the Colour Vision Ascot Gold Cup bet you claimed on the day? I can’t find it. The one where you threw your toys out of the pram at me… And I thought before the race you claimed a big ante-post Cambridgeshire bet on Chil The Kite? Or did you mean you’d backed it for a different race at 25/1?

At least you have Dawn Approach to look forward to.

Don’t have too many more bets before the 2000 Guineas though Gord, otherwise you’ll need to back the Bolger horse again, so as one win might bring you back in to profit. :wink:

Don’t worry Gord, your "luck" is bound to change. :lol:

As predicted. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Even money in running was like taking candy from a baby there and talking of Babies,No not you Ginge,

Dawn Approach

himself,the pennies still not dropped yet with this fellow! When it does……..Whoosh!!. And he’ll get a 112/m stood on his head! :wink: 5/2 seems about right for the 2000gns although I did say he’d be 2/1fav after this race……….4 months ago! :lol:

Seriously? Were you REALLY pleased with that Gord?!

Deeply unimpressive. It would have to be a terrible Guineas if he is to win it. If he goes to Dubai he will have NO CHANCE! 5-1 says it all.

He has struggled to beat his pacemaker and an O’Brien 5th string. That was a penalty kick and yet he has hit both posts before dribbling over the line.

And to think you thought he would get a higher rating than Frankel! :lol:

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Dawn Approach

"

The Aftertiming-King

" strikes again. Don’t doubt you backed Dawn Approach in running "TAK", just a shame you can’t post

all those losing

in-running bets too isn’t it? :roll:

Oh I forgot, silly me; your in-running plays are doing infinitely better than your ante-post bets aren’t they. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Softie. :D

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Seriously? Were you REALLY pleased with that Gord?!

Deeply unimpressive. It would have to be a terrible Guineas if he is to win it. If he goes to Dubai he will have NO CHANCE! 5-1 says it all.

He has struggled to beat his pacemaker and an O’Brien 5th string. That was a penalty kick and yet he has hit both posts before dribbling over the line. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And to think you thought he would get a higher rating than Frankel! :lol:

:oops:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Not sure how a horse having his 6th race and who made his debut in March can still be green mate?!

He’s just a grinder I think. The positive is he was at his strongest at the finish but he will surely be susceptible to something with a turn of foot. The question is – is there anything out there with one?!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Dawn Approach looks better than a ‘grinder’ to me Joni, not flashy in any way but finds plenty for pressure and was well on top at the line today, he’s no Frankel for sure but a serious horse imo.

Good news he’s staying with Jim for next year, clear fave for the Guineas and rightly so, 16/1 will keep me smiling over the winter :D

• Total Posts 614

I certainly wouldn’t look past him at this stage for the guineas. He seems athletic, has enough pace and handles the dip well. At the end of the day there are never that many top class milers in a 2000 guineas race. Look at last seasons guineas, if they are like that he could toe them along with a bit of rope. You know Jim Bolger will have him ready to run his race, whereas you don’t know if one of O’Briens will be used as a prep for the Irish version, if he’s even got a top miler. Then you have the guess the rest of them game, which isn’t working out so far as Ashdan was over hyped. You’re always going to have people like Stan James taking the pish and having him at 5/2, but i’d say 5/1 was a more fair price. There will be one or two decent milers out there somewhere…time will tell.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Well this years ‘Talkin’ horse

Mars

wont be doing a ‘Camelot’ and winning the Racing Post Trophy/2000gns double as he’s not been entered,from a personal point of view I’m happy as I’d still like to see

Trading Leather

run away with it before becoming the 5/1 Ante-Post fav for the Derby.

Trading Leather

£150 e/w 25/1 Bet365 Epsom Derby 2013.

Trading Leather ran/won well today, think the runner-up was a tad unlucky and has the more scope for improvement next year though.

Why didn’t you back Trading Leather for the race today Gord? :o Surely if you thought he was a Derby winner in the making, then the price for winning today was unbelievable? :?

Value Is Everything
    GDC
    • Total Posts 939

TAPK: good days racing mate, Dawn Approach still looks as green as you like and great news he remains with Jim for next season :-)

Trading Leather will come on for that run and improve for next season, took 50s to win today and derby, only to £30 but that’s enough for me :-)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord any reason you did not bet on Regal Parade a horse you like a lot

Do you think JUST THE JUDGE could win 1000 guineas

And what you think of Eye Of The Storm i think a longer galloping track he needs as was finishing strongly

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well this years ‘Talkin’ horse

Mars

wont be doing a ‘Camelot’ and winning the Racing Post Trophy/2000gns double as he’s not been entered,from a personal point of view I’m happy as I’d still like to see

Trading Leather

run away with it before becoming the 5/1 Ante-Post fav for the Derby.

Trading Leather

£150 e/w 25/1 Bet365 Epsom Derby 2013.

Why didn’t you back Trading Leather for the race today Gord? :o Surely if you thought he was a Derby winner in the making, then the price for winning today was unbelievable? :?

It would have been even more ‘Unbelievable’ Ginge if I hadn’t backed

Regal Parade

though eh! :wink: What was I saying earlier about loyalty to my horses?? When you can put a winner up a week in advance never mind about a year in advance you might have earned the right to question your Kings betting patterns! Do you want a private wager as to which horse makes the better Derby proposition,My

Trading Leather

against Your

Montiridge

?? No thought not as you’d need a saver on another half dozen because you dont have the courage of your convictions! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK: good days racing mate, Dawn Approach still looks as green as you like and great news he remains with Jim for next season :-)

Trading Leather will come on for that run and improve for next season, took 50s to win today and derby, only to £30 but that’s enough for me :-)

Great news indeed,he’ll be trained like his father was for the big day too!
    Brilliant bit of foresight GDC taking the 50’s now on

Trading Leather

,you can trade at least your stake off in the future to guarantee a Profit at that price!
    What about

Captain Dunne

today?? I gave him No chance on that ground!! :oops: :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any reason you did not bet on Regal Parade a horse you like a lot

Do you think JUST THE JUDGE could win 1000 guineas

And what you think of Eye Of The Storm i think a longer galloping track he needs as was finishing strongly

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Trading Leather ran/won well today, think the

runner-up

was a tad unlucky and

has the more scope for improvement next year

though.

I said "more scope for improvement" TAK, I didn’t say Montiridge was a DERBY horse. Montiridge is by a miler (Ramonti) out of a German Guineas winner who was by a sprinter (Indian Ridge). :roll:

Value Is Everything
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Just looking at this thread i did not see you put him up today

Not sure if Bolger wins derby he may beat TELESCOPE in racingpost trophy but that horse not mature enough for a race like that. but next year he be a top class horse.TELESCOPE and MARS dangers in derby to Bolger.

Viewing 17 posts - 851 through 867 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.