The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 2,296 through 2,312 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    HorseWithNoName
    • Total Posts 51

You’ve probably missed the likely winner from your reasoning, in Tawhid.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I was at Nottingham races the day ‘Tawhid’ won his maiden,it was very soft ground,had it been as soft tomorrow I would have said he’d win as the big 2 want faster ground whereas he needs soft.He’s not good enough on the ground as it is Horse!

HorseWithNoName
    • Total Posts 51

I was at Nottingham races the day ‘Tawhid’ won his maiden,it was very soft ground,had it been as soft tomorrow I would have said he’d win as the big 2 want faster ground whereas he needs soft.He’s not good enough on the ground as it is Horse!

I was there when he won the Horris Hill and connections were worried about the ground conditions for him yet he won with ease and will be better on good ground.

He will win tomorrow unless something can run to 120-125.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I was there when he won the Horris Hill and connections were worried about the ground conditions for him yet he won with ease and will be better on good ground.

He will win tomorrow unless something can run to 120-125.

I like your confidence Horse but if anything runs to 120-125 then your horse will be a good 5 lengths behind them! :wink: The Winner
    can run to 120 and I’ll be delighted!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Those of us who call themselves students of form will know that

Hot Snap

a filly some of us knew was special after Kempton is a half sister to

Midday

another Special filly herself,they will also know that she was beaten a head in the Oaks. Certain quarters dont believe ‘Hot Snap’ to be an Oaks horse being by

Pivotal

an absolute flying machine over 5f but what they seem to forget is that ‘Middays’ sire is

Oasis Dream

who too was an absolute Flyer over 5f too.Whats more had the 2 Sires met in the Nunthorpe there would have been a Gnats cod seperating them at the line.Sir Henry knows already this filly is a Classic sort,she will contest both the 1000gns and then the Oaks,she will go off 5/2fav for the latter so 5/1 now is generous with just 21/2 weeks to the race itself,after she’s won that she goes 2/1 fav for the Epsom Classic,simple as that.Its called second guessing a Trainer and on this occassion its a gimmee as History shows!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord the winner of 1000 guineas is in France that horse is
    WHAT A NAME could say what a horse too. question got to ask is how many 2yo fillys would of got close to OYLMPLIC GLORY last year on ground she hated wants fast she does.Had a prep run only 55 percent fit which she won she is a danger if ground is fast.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord the winner of 1000 guineas is in France that horse is
    WHAT A NAME could say what a horse too. question got to ask is how many 2yo fillys would of got close to OYLMPLIC GLORY last year on ground she hated wants fast she does.Had a prep run only 55 percent fit which she won she is a danger if ground is fast.

I’m a big fan of

Olympic Glory

so have to respect your filly,she’s a ‘Mr Greeley’ too as was ‘Finsceal Beo’ who always looked like a Guineas horse so aslong as she turns up you’ll get a run for your money.My cardinal error in assessing

Hot Snap

was quite simply if Sir Henry thinks 7f would suit her I should have!I was fair taken with the Chestnut yesterday and took plenty 6’s on the machine for the Guineas,she will be even better over a mile and looks Oaks material already as she has the blend of natural speed to quicken up but she’s born with stamina,totally convinced of it,I can see it in her!!
    As for

Bonfire

,he is a lovely looking horse who had the profile to be a serious 3yo.Gelding can do nothing but good for him as he’s a big scopey sort who certainly should contest Group 1’s this year over 11/4m+

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

I like the Toronado/Ghurair double which pays just over 2/1 but will probably throw in Ma Filluele (13/8) too in the first at Cheltenham, the treble pays 7/1 which I think is pretty decent.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Like most I expected

Toronado

to beat his 3 rivals today,I never gave ‘Tawhid’ a chance on this lively ground and even with a 3lb pull I expected the Hannon horse to confirm form with ‘Dundonell’,that leaves his stable companion ‘Havana Gold’ who again wouldn’t win a Guineas if he started now! So whats all the fuss about his Craven victory today?………….Well he did it the hard way,not so hard for him as it suits him to roll with it,not unlike ‘Frankel’ in his style.The Clock says it was a very respectable time,but so was ‘Tickled Pinks’ and she’s only an 84 rated filly.What was so impressive to me about

Toronado

was the fact we didn’t get to see just how much was left in the locker,he looked visually impressive from the moment the gates opened and from what started as a steady gallop it soon became apparent that Hughsie was slowly winding it up to quite a pace,and once he reached full tilt he wasn’t for stopping.No question todays performance was that of a Guineas Winner,granted fast ground again on May 4th I cant see many horses getting near this fellow.What I believe is crucial to this horse is that he needs to go hell for leather,in that case he will make all in the 2000gns,to his credit he wont be stopping at the end either, that makes it all the more difficult for anything to get past him.Had

Dawn Approach

ran today I believe he would have struggled to get past this fellow on this ground and come the day of reckoning he’s going to have too.I have no doubt that on soft ground ‘Dawn approach’ would beat him,on Good/Sft he’d beat him but on fast ground I’m very apprehensive.That was a serious performance today! :(

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord the 2000 guineas not been out yet but he return at Newmarket that horse is MARS it is.

And gord i be gutted if TORONADO win guineas because as you remember ever since he won his maiden. i been saying forget other Hannon 2yos this horse is there best 2yo. and be there top 3yo so in a way i hope he does not win at Newmarket or Epsom.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Good days racing tomorrow and I’ve gone for a couple in the 2 big races but really fancy one at Newbury.

I am sticking with Rebecca’s Choice int the Jock National after taking all the trends into account. In the Mile I have backed Global Village But I really like Norse Blues FTO and the move to David Barron may just improve him.

My bet of the day and possibly bet of the year is Petite Robin at Ayr, gets BJG up top and only has the improving bottom weight to beat, great price at 11/2 and must get backed

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any thoughts on this horse TORONADO i go on record and say he is the best 2yo colt in this stable he looks a top class horse. won a Newbury maiden beat a horse of Channon who had a run. has a derby entry but not sure if he get that far.Will probaly be at Goodwood any thoughts on him.

This

Toronado

is a 3yo future star,anything he does at 2 is a bonus,he’ll be even better over 10-12f imo,Not sure he’s a Derby sort just yet but wants a mile now!

Darren the above quote is from our conversation from June 21st last year,you are

nearly

as good a judge as myself.I admire your Foresight! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

In the Mile I have backed Global Village But I really like Norse Blues FTO and the move to David Barron may just improve him

Gary,you have to stick with

Global Village

,he’s your horse,like I have to stay loyal to

Captain Bertie

!
    Interestingly I was up at Donny for the Lincoln and rather than take pictures of the Winner,a horse who wont win again i took some shots of ‘Global village’ instead and I have to say connections were so pleased for coming 2nd,you’d have thought they had won.I heard them nominate this race to each other as their next port of call en-route to the Hunt cup and they were quite bullish that he will come on again for the run.I do like

Educate

though,he looked an absolute picture in the Spring Mile just before the Lincoln itself.

[attachment=0:1lwrj1pu]2v9q39s.jpg[/attachment:1lwrj1pu]

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord the 2000 guineas not been out yet but he return at Newmarket that horse is MARS it is.

You are a devil for talkin in riddles you are darren! Thankfully
    I understand your every word I do!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Any thoughts on the World Snooker my 2 outright bets are

NEIL ROBERTSON 6/1
    JUDD TRUMP 7/1

And in golf this week could have a nice winner in LUKE DONALD am on at 16/1 my luck got to change soon in golf.BILLY HORSCHEL doing well too.

• Total Posts 5

Hi Gord, (other posters)
    Do you have any thoughts/knowledge on ‘Bold Sniper’ in the 4:05 today Her Maj’s horse out of ‘New Approach’? Heard it may be a good price today?
    Cheers in advance Rich.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sorry rich I knew nothing about the horse,I’d keep an eye on him though if I was you as he has time on his side.I have to say poor Nick Luck has been waffling on about

Moohaajim

as a Guineas horse all year,well that bubble has popped big time as he’s a sprinter pure and simple,

Olympic Glory

on the other hand is crying out for a mile+.I have to give a big shout for

Agent Alison

in the 1000gns too,if the ground firms up any from now to May 5th then this filly who didn’t get the best ride in the world today wont be going off at 33/1,she met a cracker in

Newfangled

last Summer and would be paying the highest compliment to the ill fated filly if she could at least run a place in the 1000gns.I like this filly a lot and expect her to reverse placings with ‘Maureen’ on the day.

Agent Allison

£100 e/w 33/1 Betfred. 1000gns.

£10159

Viewing 17 posts - 2,296 through 2,312 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.