The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

This is testing my memory but I recall the very first post I contributed on here almost 5 yrs ago was replied to with a ‘Welcome Gord’ from

Nathan Hughes

,I took to the guy from that moment and yet at that time I was public enemy No 1 on here for writing appraisals on horses that had an uncanny knack of turning out right. :lol: Nothins Changed!
    Tonight I had the pleasure of actually talking to Nath,he phoned me as I was eating my Grilled Salmon espacio en croute but I’ll forgive him that as we spoke as if we’d known each other for years.Ok he’s got a bloody Somerset accent so I only got 1 in every 3 words but the ghist of our conversation was positive and we are definitely meeting up for a night at Nottingham races in July,I owe him that much as he’s been good to me on here,many a time he’s calmed a situation that had a tendancy to get heated with his

unique

humour.Nath is one of those who goes out his way for you and never expects anything in return.When I was having a S*it time of it last year losing my Father,Nath was obviously struggling with his Kidneys but put others before himself,thankfully he says his transplant has been a success and thats great news.Sadly it transpires he lost his 34yo Brother in January in a tragic incident with a Bus and yet as per usual he’s soldiered on,I take to those who battle on and I can see why I’ve taken to Nathan Hughes,lookin forward to seeing you soon mate! All the best,
    Gord.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Pleasure talking to you too Gord. It was a pm from me welcoming you to the forum as your username GWILSON gave just enough of a clue to you being a legend off c4 racing chat. 5 years on and your an even bigger legend on here and you continue to bang in the big price winners. I’m polishing my autograph book soon in anticipation to meeting you face to face at Nottingham races.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any thoughts on 1000 guineas this week i think
    JUST THE JUDGE will win she love stiff 1m at Curragh and she outstay them.

I’ll be watching

Big Break

myself Darren,she will be staying on when others have cried enough,I marked her down as an Oaks peospect though! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Flashy Approach

is entered in a 7 furlong maiden at Gowran next Thursday Gord :)

Who needs ‘Horse alert’ when you have Tommy THM on your team,thanks for the heads up there mate,he could be an exciting proposition this fellow!

• Total Posts 28

Flashy Approach

also has an entry in a group 3 at Leopardstown on June 13th.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I reckon there could be worse long-shots for the Oaks than Planete Bleue at 80s, all day today, on Betfair, Gord. It’s trained by a successful, second-year rookie, called F-H Graffard. Look him up on the horse’s history, under Stories. Imho, hence the price.

She’s by Dansili out of a mare by Sadlers Wells, whose own dam was the great Pawneese, and is owned by Wildenstein. Nothing remarkable about her siblings, but a Wildenstein horse over here for a classic? And at that price? If she runs…..

Bloody hell Grimes you’ve dug one out there mate,this

Planete Bleue

has only ran twice in her life and won a maiden……But like you say she is incredibly well bred and has Stamina through both parents via the likes of

Kahyasi

and

Sadlers Wells

so a 11/2m is within her compass,as much as I would dismiss her instantly as an Oaks filly I still see the

All Along

shiny blue colours and think the Wildensteins have a history of quality horses,is this another? I hope she does run Grimes,25/1 with Boylesports is half the price of others! :o

Have a look in your mail box, Gord. On the other hand…. you already have done! Sorry you missed it.

Another time, God willing. I might even put one up here and see it go down like the rest…

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Big day at the Curragh tomorrow,the best 2yo race of the year sees a horse I rate very highly in

Coach House

,he was beaten fair and square by ‘Fast in the Wind’ on their debut but I saw a colt who would improve massively for that run in the coolmore colt,I personally cant see the latter confirming the form.’Club Wexford’ is a horse who will improve a ton too but I reckon he already wants 7f so I’m expecting him to be outpaced over 5f,’Stubbs’ needs to confirm that this ‘Saburo’ is the real deal too and I make him the biggest danger.The sooner

Coach house

steps up to 6f the better too.If I was forced to have a bet on next years 2000gns now I’d take the 20/1 about this

Coach house

although my only reservation is whether he’ll end up a top class sprinter as he’s got loads of speed in his breeding.Tomorrow will tell us more.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If

Trading Leather

was mine I’d be stepping him up in trip to a 11/2m of the Derby not dropping him back down to the mile of tomorrows Irish 2000gns but hey what do I know so I’m in a situation where I’m backing a horse that I dont think is ideally suited to the conditions of the race but respect the fact the Trainer

should

know it will suit his colt.I’ve already lost on my Ante-Post wager on ‘Cristoforo colombo’ and still dont know why he’s not running in a race that will have suited but I’ll be cheering Jims horse instead now.

Trading Leather

£100 win 7/1 Coral Irish 2000gns.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Tomorrows Group 3 sprint in Ireland wont see ‘Maarek’ winning on fast ground,he’s a false fav imo.I think

Leitir Mor

jumps off the page and I cant believe he’s a 10/1 shot,he should be fav imo and thats because of his Dewhurst run last year,for a second or 2 I was panickin before the beast who will run away with next weeks Derby ran away from him.There’s No

Dawn approach

tomorrow so I expect this fellow to make all.

Leitir Mor

£100 e/w 10/1 Bet 365 Curragh 2,45pm.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Big day at the Curragh tomorrow,the best 2yo race of the year sees a horse I rate very highly in

Coach House

,he was beaten fair and square by ‘Fast in the Wind’ on their debut but I saw a colt who would improve massively for that run in the coolmore colt,I personally cant see the latter confirming the form.’Club Wexford’ is a horse who will improve a ton too but I reckon he already wants 7f so I’m expecting him to be outpaced over 5f,’Stubbs’ needs to confirm that this ‘Saburo’ is the real deal too and I make him the biggest danger.The sooner

Coach house

steps up to 6f the better too.If I was forced to have a bet on next years 2000gns now I’d take the 20/1 about this

Coach house

although my only reservation is whether he’ll end up a top class sprinter as he’s got loads of speed in his breeding.Tomorrow will tell us more.

I’m surprised Club Wexford is running tomorrow instead of the 6 furlong maiden on Sunday. After his last run the last thing I thought he wanted was dropping back in trip. Perhaps he’s been setting serious fractions at home but as much as I thought he was one for ‘next time’ after his debut, I think 7/2 is plenty short enough tomorrow. Coach House was very impressive first time up and I’d expect him to reverse form with Fast In The Wind. Stubbs has a similar profile, with a promising run first time and an easy victory second time out. I can’t split them but the bookies have been kind enough to do that for me, with one at evens and the other at 4/1. I think I’ll have an interest in him, although it could be wise to treat this as a ‘race to watch’!

I agree Leitir Mór is overpriced at 10/1. He’s only won once in 14 starts but he’s rarely out of the frame and he’s clear of all on ratings bar Maarek who could struggle with this ground. I also got stung on Cristoforo Colombo but have Havana Gold running for me at 14/1. It’s another case of ‘Bolger knows best’ here if you’re backing Trading Leather. He looks like he wants further but who am I to question the Master of Cool? :)

Elsewhere on the card, I want to get Jonibake’s thoughts on Chigun. I don’t like opposing Dermot Weld fillies and Caponata looks a typically late improving Weld horse. Chigun looks the main danger. In the penultimate mile handicap I quite like Ger Lyons’ Machete Mark, who won snugly at Dundalk last time out and should be available at 5 or 6/1.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

One of my old favs runs today at a horses for courses course in York! Conditions look ideal and his trainer has declared this old boy has come on bundles from his opening race, 12s looks a tasty price and as a front runner I will know my fate early on :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

How can Magician be fav, form not as good and yet to run on this quick ground, VDN however will love it and see them all off – have done RFC with trading leather

• Total Posts 28

Has anyone been given any ante post prices for Flashy Approach? If so what races are you targetting?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Has anyone been given any ante post prices for Flashy Approach? If so what races are you targetting?

Flashy Approach

is an unraced 3yo trained by John Oxx ‘Brighton32’,he’s owned by Jaber Abdullah the owner of this colts Dam

Flashy Wings

,a filly who never really delivered on the course but was a worthy Group 2 sort,what she did have was prescense,she was a big powerful Chestnut filly who certainly looked like an ideal Broodmare,her own sire

Zafonic

was a beast of a horse too and going back through the generations of relatives,there’s definitely stamina in this ‘Flashy Approach’ pedigree,on paper you’d say he’s a miler but he could be anything and for that reason…….Am oot! (As Duncan Bannatyne would say)regarding Ante-Post targets.I can count on one hand how many unraced horses I’ve backed Ante-Post for a Classic and this ones not going to be winning one of those!I’m looking forward to seeing him all the same,Chestnut Sons of ‘New approach’ do appeal to me! :lol:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord any thoughts on the oaks and derby this week

Any early thoughts on Royal Ascot handicaps i like DANCHAI in royal hunt cup at 20/1 should of won at newmarket on 2000 guineas day.

Any 2yos you been impressed with at weekend i liked this
    SIR JOHN HAWKINGS

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any thoughts on the oaks and derby this week

Any early thoughts on Royal Ascot handicaps i like DANCHAI in royal hunt cup at 20/1 should of won at newmarket on 2000 guineas day.

SIR JOHN HAWKINGS

Darren I’m on

Liber Nauticus

at 10’s and 7’s for the Oaks for a decent profit having lost on ‘Hot Snap’ at 25/1! :twisted: I’m on

Dawn Approach

at 12’s for the Derby and a 100/1 to win the Triple Crown!!! :lol: Both will win so a 9/1 double still looks generous. I still think

Trading Leather

should run as he’ll thrive on a 11/2m trip but 250’s on the machine tells me my fingers have been burned there.I have said from day 1 that

Dawn approach

will get a 11/2m stood on his head and nothing puts me off him! Being his No 1 fan (Triptychs No2) I’ve been offered 5/1 about him winning by 3 lengths or more and his style of running tells me he’ll do just that!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

SIR JOHN HAWKINGS

Darren I think you can tell by now that the ‘Coventry’ is one of those half dozen races I target every year,one for the fact I believe serious 2000gns horses run in it and two for the fact that if they are not Guineas horses they are Group 1 sprinters.I have studied this race since the days of the legendary

Chief Singer

and have backed the winner a good dozen times since,horses like

Rock City

Dilum

,a Gorgeous beast,not as Gorgeous as the ‘Chief’ himself like but a beauty,

Stonehatch

another lovely Chestnut like

Dawn approach

and

Three Valleys

my worst 2000gns Ante-Post bet ever! :twisted:

Fasiliyev

a monster not unlike ‘Hawk Wing’
    then of course

Art conneisseur

Red Clubs

and

Henrythenavigator

,I backed em all Darren so I’ll be watching this beautifully bred

Sir John Hawkins

closely,ground dependant mind,ground dependant! My horse at the minute is this

Coach House

,serious,serious horse,clocks tickin! :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.