The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

99% ‘Brown-Nosing’ FACT!

Home Forums Horse Racing 99% ‘Brown-Nosing’ FACT!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

The whip debate has divided this once ‘amicable’ forum,it has become increasingly apparent that when Cormack posts his opinions and someone dissagrees with them,one of his self promoted henchmen has to come to his rescue.For a bunch of so-called racing fans, who incidently grew up with the old rules and cheered home every one of their own winners that would have broken the latest rules it would seem somewhat hypocritical to comment on every jockey who gets banned for trying when in the past they never batted an eyelid or more likely it never even occured to them the Jockey had over done it.(Or did they just turn a blind eye and take the money?)In nature a Leopard grows up a Leopard,it doesn’t change its spots like the so-called racing fans on here who are forming a special bond falsely kidding themselves the whip rules are a success! I’d rather keep it REAL myself and state that for every 1000 races you guys see as the rules working it will only take 1 high profile race to prove they dont.Its coming,mark my words,every Grade 1 on the calender will have the BHA quaking in their boots.

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

The world we live in, Gordon. I personally think they’re an utter joke but it really is a total waste of time debating in. The governing body of the sport make the decisions and nothing we do or say will have an effect on their decisions, largely due to Mr. Roy.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

KF – As Pompete pointed out some time back several of us on TRF have been campaigning against what we would argue was excesssive whip usage for

years

. We

did

bat an eyelid before. And we said so.

I’ve been ‘following’ the likes of GT, Pompete and others just as much as they have been following me with their posts on the whip. No one is rescuing anyone. Your weak attempt at provoking unrest among the pro-rule-change camp will fall on deaf ears.

You think you have the rights on reality KF?
    Can I tell you what is REAL KF. The rules are REAL. Change and progress is REAL. Uncomfortable, yes, like all change, but REAL.

You’re so much better, so much better, than this first post on this thread KF –

and

you know it.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1234

Yet another post from you Kingfisher on the same subject.
    As usual devoid of any substantive facts, and as usual implying that those who disagree with you over this subject are in some way not real racing fans.
    Do you never tire of repeating this again and again ?
    You do not possess the moral high ground that you perceive.
    We all have opinions and are not likely to change them using your line of dialogue my friend

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

The world we live in, Gordon. I personally think they’re an utter joke but it really is a total waste of time debating in.

Fair enough Sacred,i’m of the opinion that debate should be robust and that of an individuals view on things,some on here are very well read by a surprising amount out there.I would hate to think those who are making these pathetic rules thought we were going to lie down and take it!

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

KF – As Pompete pointed out some time back several of us on TRF have been campaigning against what we would argue was excesssive whip usage for

years

You think you have the rights on reality KF?
    Can I tell you what is REAL KF. The rules are REAL. Change and progress is REAL. Uncomfortable, yes, like all change, but REAL.

Where were you 10 yrs ago when

Omerta

won the Irish national? I never heard you and your merry men slating Lesters Derby victory on

The Minstrel

. Was it acceptable in your eyes for these horses to be ridden so vigourously then? Of course it was,Why? Because nobody for one minute thought the horse was being abused and guess what it wasn’t.You lot are jumping on a bandwagon lead by spineless leaders of an organisation (BHA) who are ultimately guided by a Nanny state who in years to come will be the death of National Hunt racing on safety grounds and you are supporting it at the first instance,of course you all realise that being REAL racing fans moving with the times eh? :roll:

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

The rules are unfortunately just like any other set of rules – it’s all or nothing. There’s nothing inbetween. Soumillon used the whip once too many on Cirrus Des Aigles and lost about £25k in the process and was awarded with a 5-day ban. For hitting the horse once too many.

Yet rewind the clock to 4 months previously when Dettori used the whip about 14 times on Rewilding and got a 9-ban time & kept all his prize money.

Or how about Jason Maguire on Ballabriggs? 5-day ban, kept all his prize money. Both used their whip with infinitely more frequency than Soumillon, yet the bans they received were both smaller than Soumillon’s.

The 8-times rule just isn’t enough. Why not have a 1-day ban for using the whip once too many, 3-day ban for 2 times, 5-day ban for 3 times, etc?

But of course these bans and rules will mean absolutely nothing for 4 days in March and 1 race in April.

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

But of course these bans and rules will mean absolutely nothing for 4 days in March and 1 race in April.

They meant nothing to Aidan Coleman yesterday,he wont lose a penny,thats how the powers that be operate,turn a blind eye would accurately reflect the little loop holes you could skip through!

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

You cannot compare bans pre and post rule changes Zarkava. The rules and penalties were different then.

I agree it’s an anomaly that you can cheat and still keep the race though. Agreed on that. But hard to see a way out of that.

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

They meant nothing to Aidan Coleman yesterday,he wont lose a penny,thats how the powers that be operate,turn a blind eye would accurately reflect the little loop holes you could skip through!

So the stewards gave him a pardon? Why?

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

So the stewards gave him a pardon? Why?

No Sacred,the stewards didn’t give him a pardon,they have fined him his riding fee and win percentage,thats the rules.The horse keeps the race,all bets paid in full and owner gets their prizemoney,it was a nice race to win! :wink:

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

So why did you say that he won’t lose a penny?

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

So why did you say that he won’t lose a penny?

Have you got Jet lag? :lol:

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Cos he’s making it up Zarkava

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

I’m extremely confused. You’re saying the owners will pay him his money out of the prize money they receive?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.