The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 674 total)
  • Author
    KendalCavalier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

I mentioned my dark horses, one of which is Irish, but my British one is not such a dark horse if you look at my previous posts.

He’s entered for the Welsh and I actually fancy him for it but if he does win it then Aintree will probably be unattainable for him. As ever I am looking for him to be staying on yet again without actually getting his head in front!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

King’s Euro?

• Total Posts 4293

Did you clock the news at the weekend that the top weight in the National is going to be reduced from 11-12 to 11-10?

What is the point in trying to fix something which ain’t broke?

What if they now regularly attract (the word don’t look right, but I’m sticking with the spelling) a Gold Cup placed horse and half the field are out of the handicap?

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

whose idea is that?

• Total Posts 4293

Presumably the Official Handicapper.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

thought Cloudy Lane ran a good trial today..will be the right age next year.

• Total Posts 4293

thought Cloudy Lane ran a good trial today..will be the right age next year.

Moehat, I don’t know about you, but my GN book is starting to get out of hand.

I reviewed it on Saturday, and out of 10 horses, I reckoned only 5 would make the line up.

I did a little bit of topping up on Christmas Eve, and I now have 20 horses in it! The only serious bet I’ve had so far is on Notre Pere, and he is annoyingly a bigger price now than when I made my bet.

The vast majority of my bets have been speculative £2 bets on horses at big prices, but it is now getting to the stage where the tail is starting to wag the dog.

• Total Posts 4293

I’ve been noticing this for the past couple of days. Why is Denman 11 for the GN on Betfair? Is this serious?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Haven’t checked but I presume the 12.0 is to back rather than to lay ie. people want to lay him at 11/1 for the race rather than wanting to back him.

In effect it means little as nobody wants to back him at such short odds for the race.

• Total Posts 4293

He’s gone back to 14, but nevertheless presumably people have been taking the small amounts between 70 and 12 or so.

KendalCavalier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

Gerald

My British dark horse ran a shocker today but my Irish dark horse ran a corker (didn’t win but ran a fantastic race)!!! Another one with old Vulgan in him! You still won’t find him in the Betfair market, which I find odd because he will get a run if entered, but got my 100’s at Ladbrokes in October.

• Total Posts 4293

I can’t believe that Dreaper, the trainer, doesn’t want to go for the GN this season with Notre Pere (today’s RP).

When the iron is hot, you’ve got to strike with it.

Let’s hope that Dreaper, the Trainer’s son, has the major say in the decision.

Let us start praying: "Our Father . . "

Participant
    • Total Posts 91

Have the weights been released yet for the National, i can not find my way around the new Racing Post site ?

If not what sort of weight would Denman get in the National ?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Denman will get topweight (barring the entering of Master Minded). The weights are released in February.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

If he were to be beaten hands downs by Kuato Star in the Gold Cup, which might end up being only his second run of the season what would connections do?

Run him I suspect!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3443

He would have 11st 10lbs and be very well in at the weights, can’t see it being entertained this season with his heart scare as they said he wouldn’t run in it even prior to that.
    6 weeks till the weights are released Tourbillon.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

They say a lot of things when a horse is at the top of the tree……..he gets beat at Cheltenham the will soon change their tune………PN couldn’t resist having a crack if it turns out that way IMO

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 674 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.