The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

1000 Guineas 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 1000 Guineas 2015

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

LOL

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

You would hope Together Forever would be good enough to take her chance regardless of whether Found runs or not. She showed much improved form later in the season last year and clearly would be capable if it turned soft on the day. Waiting to see what happens with the favourite would suggest to me that they are only likely to send Together Forever if they pull Found out of the race.

It seems a bit sad to me that a horse sitting at 8/1 for the 1000 Guineas is having her participation tied to another horse’s fate.

With the colts the only sure thing is that Gleneagles is going to be there in the 2000 Guineas. Highland Reel is the next most likely to turn up but it isn’t certain. It is a similar situation to the 1000 Guineas with Highland Reel around about the same odds for the race as the second string from the stable.

There has been some money for Ol’ Man River this week but I will be surprised if he runs because his position seems exactly as it was more than a month ago, as a horse in limbo, somewhere quite far from “could run” and much closer to “hasn’t been ruled out yet” For me the horse is either fast enough for the 2000 Guineas or he is more of a Derby horse. You would think they should know which it is by now.

Tbh just reading between the lines I’d say that Found is a much better horse than Together Forever, thus there’s no point in TF running if Found is going to run.

OMR looks 2000 Guineas bound. Somebody had like a £150 bet at 24.0 the other day and currently around 15.0.

Highland Reel is friendless for the 2000 and like I said, I’m pretty certain he’s rubbish. AOB doesn’t waste good horses in the French 2000.

Participant
    • Total Posts 34

Another one gone – Beautiful Romance is to miss Sunday’s Qipco 1000 Guineas at Newmarket following a slight setback.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Another one gone – Beautiful Romance is to miss Sunday’s Qipco 1000 Guineas at Newmarket following a slight setback.

Although the trainer seems hopeful she will be there in time for the Oaks it has to be a worry for me that she has missed the Guineas.

At this stage I’m in much better shape for the 1000 Guineas than the 2000 Guineas.

I have Irish Rookie at 66/1, Jellicle Ball at 40/1, Fadhayyil at 20/1 and Tiggy Wiggy at 20/1.

Tiggy Wiggy need not bother as far as I am concerned but I’ll be happy if all four line up on Sunday. Normally most of the big priced ante-post ones are out of it by now for me but this year only Words at 25/1 has fallen by the wayside so far.

Probably Found will run and win with the minimum of fuss after all the humming and hawing but if I get a run for my money I’ll be happy.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Is there a chance that Local Time might run into a place?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Found looks to be a non runner now.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Both the Favourite Found and stable mate Together Forever are out of the race now. It seemed inevitable that Found was going to miss the race and I am surprised more Bookmakers didn’t try to offer a decent price to tempt punters. Some of them kept her very short and I didn’t really see a downside in offering better odds because she looked more of an Oaks filly really in any case.

Together Forever put up her best show on the soft and it’s no real surprise to see her skip this with the ground the way it is and the general backwardness of the stable’s runners this Spring.

The betting has changed wildly on this since the season started and Lucida fans will be feeling on terrific terms with themselves at the moment.

I can see Osaila appealing to many but I’ll pass on her at the odds and settle for the four runners from the six that I bet Ante-Post.

Al Naamah was a flop on her second start and I knew my ticket was in the bin there and then.

Words had setbacks both last season and early this year and was out of the picture a fair while ago.

I did an intrepid long shot on Irish Rookie at 66/1 and am pleased she has lined up here, although the ground being softer would have been better I think.

Jellicle Ball and Tiggy Wiggy were backed at 40/1 and 20/1 and sit at opposite levels of value now at 11/1 and 25/1 respectively. I wouldn’t mind a match bet that Irish Rookie will finish ahead of Tiggy Wiggy, who I believe is on a wild goose chase here.

Fadhayyil was picked as the last value I could see when she was 20/1 and without running yet she is now 13/2 and a sound looking each-way option.

Like as not I’ll manage not to hit the winner but I’m happy with my position backing horses 20/1 or bigger in the build up. I feel it will hinge on the Lucida/Fadhayyil Rockfel form and the Redstart/Jellicle Ball Fred Darling form. Both races will see argument on which filly will come out on top this time around after theri earlier clash.

For me Osaila’s short head win from New Providence leaves her with something to find with Lucida and Fadhayyil on the runner up’s effort in that race. I am also unsure about the mile for Hannon’s filly and she almost certainly beat a horse, Beautiful Romance, into third place who needed more than the 7f.

Looking at the betting I think Qualify, Malabar, and Legatissimo are way shorter than they warrant being and I would rather take Jellicle Ball at 11/1 than any of those three who sit shorter in the betting. She has a good run under her belt, is almost certain to progress and will relish the extra furlong on the same kind of ground she faced at Newbury. Redstart is respected but struck me as the horse with more early dash last time and I believe Jellicle Ball will reverse the form at this trip on only the third start of her life.

Lucida is feared most and I hope I can make a profit for a change after a disaster with the fillies race last season.

Participant
    • Total Posts 34

I am pleased to have got a 33’s about Fadhayyil and Osaila and 40’s with Irish Rookie and 50’s on Queen Nefertiti but as it has been said it don’t matter what price you get if they don’t line up an the then they have to do the business but if Legatissimo has recovered from her last race and along with the Queen and Fadhayyil
    she has good breeding lines but I think my money will be on Osaila ( with Frankie on board and the right breeding/class ) its hard to see her not getting a good ride and being ex RN I hate to say it but I succumbed to the name as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Jellicle Ball looks the one to be on imo. Although am a bit concerned about where the pace is coming from. Redstart, Tiggy Wiggy or Local Time the best three candidates to lead; but only the latter will be suited by making it a fair test of stamina. So not sure to get the pace to suit hold up horses.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

I’m sticking with the Fred Darling 1-2, with a slight preference for the winner. Redstart is a may foal compared to Jellicle Ball who is February-born, so I’m hopeful she will still improve. She found more when the latter came alongside her, so I’m also quite confident she will see the trip out. Plus she’s at much better odds (11/1 vs 15/2). That said, I did back both of them. Lucida the main danger in my opinion. Redstart-Jellicle Ball-Lucida.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I read that Tiggy Wiggy will be returning to her normal style of running in the 1000 Guineas. That should see the pace angle sorted and she is drawn in stall 2.

Jellicle Ball and Fadhayyil are my main two hopes for the race and they are drawn in stalls 5 and 3, so they should be able to get a lead off Tiggy Wiggy if the Hannon team keep true to the plan to let Tiggy Wiggy do what seems to suit her best.

I backed Tiggy Wiggy at 20/1 but I don’t think she’s got a cat in hell’s chance of staying a mile. I like the fact that Jellicle Ball has had a run and that it was a good one. She’s run well on the ground and seems certain to appreciate the extra furlong as an Oaks entry who has been compared to The Fugue, who was in the same ownership. I haven’t backed her for the Oaks because she is by Invincible Spirit and because I read somewhere that Gosden was favouring Royal Ascot with her at one stage. I read that she might run in the Ribblesdale at the Royal Meeting but I see they have entered her in both that race and the Coronation Stakes over a mile, so it looks like they are hedging their bets in quite serious fashion regarding options.

I took an interest in Jellicle Ball at 40/1 and thought she was good value still at 20/1. With her in the line up now, I was a bit surprised to see some 12/1 still on the go but she seems to have been well backed today and 8/1 was the top price when I looked a few minutes ago.

Happy to be getting a run on her and the other three I have left in the race, I just hope she can do better than The Fugue did in her year.

I wouldn’t put anyone off Redstart at 14/1 but feel the Gosden filly will turn the form round this time.

Fadhayyil has the form to go close and is tied in with Lucida on their Rockfel run. I thought she was value at 20/1 and I don’t think she will be far away. Given my normal form in these Classics I’ll end up bagging a second and the un-backed favourite will win the race.

That’s as close as it gets for going NAP on Lucida for all other readers.

I am hopeful Jellicle Ball can swoop and come through to win this but recent stats from Caution’s Classics suggest Lucida will do a Sky Lantern on me.

Good Luck.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

I read that Tiggy Wiggy will be returning to her normal style of running in the 1000 Guineas. That should see the pace angle sorted and she is drawn in stall 2.

Jellicle Ball and Fadhayyil are my main two hopes for the race and they are drawn in stalls 5 and 3, so they should be able to get a lead off Tiggy Wiggy if the Hannon team keep true to the plan to let Tiggy Wiggy do what seems to suit her best.

I backed Tiggy Wiggy at 20/1 but I don’t think she’s got a cat in hell’s chance of staying a mile.

We share the two main bets Steve (you’ve got better prices than me, then again you are the true King of ante-post) Jellicle and Fad… Have saved on Tiggy, Redstart and Local.

Am sure Tiggy will return to front running tactics, but like you say – probability is she won’t stay. But therefore her best chance is if able to get an easy lead, setting a slow pace for a sprint for home in the final half of the race.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6320

As you already know I am on Redstart but have to give a mention to Jellicle Ball and Lucida because Bolger has a great record here!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 13253

Well I’m going to be at odds with most of the opinion on here about Tiggy Wiggy. I do think she will get the trip, and having watched the Fred Darling a few times, I don’t think that Redstart and Jellicle Ball are sure to get the better of her in a rematch.

The way I viewed the race was that they decided to let TW sit in a little, perhaps not knowing how she would fare over 7f, and the front two definitely stole the march on her. Over the last furlong, TW was well held, but along with the front two was pulling clear of the rest. In the last furlong the front two did not pull away from TW, she kept pace with them, but they had already gotten a couple of lengths up on her. Obviously that is just my reading of the race and others will no doubt disagree, but no fun having a forum without differing viewpoints. As long as TW gets the mile, and I think she will, she should be allowed to use her pace earlier to get to her usual prominent position and hopefully see out the race. I think the 20/1 is way too big for her.

Participant
    • Total Posts 34

I really hope Tiggy Wiggy does the business but the jury is out as to how she will be on the climb up the hill with her stamina in doubt. I guess the horses I got on at 33’s and 50’s Osaila, Fadhayyil, Qualify and the Queen Nefertiti will all be close at the end. But if I have to pick 1-2-3 Osaila, Fadhayyil, Qualify. On breeding alone the Queen Nefertiti could be anything but not convinced the jockey is up to this. Lucida is the big danger and her jockey K.Manning is a great jockey to have on board her as well as J Bolger trained but only managed 16’s on her as her price had gone and not a lover of Godolphin.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Has the rain got into the ground? If it has I’d look for a Danehill Dancer filly [of which there are several]. Having made a sum total of 20 pence on pretty much every race I’ve had a bet on recently I’m giving this one a miss.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I think I’d back Local Time ew if I was having a bet .

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.