An open letter to Jeff Laughton (racehorse owner)

Home Forums Horse Racing An open letter to Jeff Laughton (racehorse owner)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mounty 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Mounty
    • Total Posts 490

I received another letter from Jeff Laughton this morning…

<br>Dear Sir

You may remember that I have now contacted you several times regarding my own horses (I have so far had 41 winners with them, including 13 in 2006, IMPERIALISTIC was backed from 25-1 – 12-1 when she won for me in the summer and SMART ASS who won 2 races for me in December).

As I didn’t receive a phone call from you on the Saturday morning I assumed that you either did not receive the letter in time or that you were not able to get through on the phone lines that morning as it was particularly busy.

I am writing to inform you of another ‘job’ that will be done this coming weekend (Saturday 31 March).

Someone very, very closely involved with this horse has now called me 4 times in the last 10 days following every piece of work it has done recently. To say he is excited about this week’s run is a major understatement. He will not have this horse beaten (I’m sure the RSPCA will be pleased to hear that) under any circumstances and tells me that it is a 10 star nap and will win without coming off the bridle.

If you have never got involved like this before, i urge you to try it this once. I will be placing £1,000 at first show for my contact who has, in the last 12 months, given me 8 confident pieces of information. Only 2 got beaten but I have never known him this confident.

If you want to get involved, you would only have to place a £30 bet on my behalf and send the win part of the bet, obviously keeping your original stake. Youy would also back the horse yourself. Hence FREE top class INSIDE INFORMATION.

Jeff Laughton

I’ve taken the trouble to reply..

<br>Dear Jeff Laughton (chancer)

I didn’t call you on Saturday morning as I was too busy p**s

ing myself laughing at the content of your last letter.

Please stop sending me this garbage as the postman has started to complain about the strong smell of bulls**t

emanating from your envelopes.

Kind regards

Mounty

<br>Sad and amazing to think that people are taken in by this sort of mailshot, often losing thousands.

betlarge
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2655

Mounty

Some people have no trust.  I’ve just had a grand on SP.

And it was with your crew.

Mike

barry dennis
    • Total Posts 410

i’ll back it with meself if you tell me who it is

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 409

Mounty,

If you have indeed returned a letter to Mr chancer pants… Was the address a free-post?

If so, it might be worth sending him something rather heavy or bothersome as being free-post, he will have to pay the charge on delivery.

It is safe to say I no longer recieve many mails**t
    s… :biggrin:

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3068

<br>I suspect that if twenty of us took up this generous offer, we might have every horse in the Lincoln covered between us!

AP

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 409

Quote: from apracing on 10:54 am on Mar. 30, 2007[br]<br>I suspect that if twenty of us took up this generous offer, we might have every horse in the Lincoln covered between us!

<br>AP

:biggrin:

Mounty
    • Total Posts 490

Alan – I suspect you’re right.

Sailing Shoes – that’s a blinding idea – think I’ll send several letters.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2103

While odds-to services have been laid bare ever since Bob Hope in The Lemon Drop Kid (1951) did exactly what AP has indicated, to be fair to Mr Laughton, he doesn’t exactly seem to be hiding himself.

He is recorded as pursuing a career as Entertainment Agent through BigWigs Entertainment at the same time as he pursues a career as Racing Tipster through BigWigs Bloodstock.

He and his family are all very publicly registered at the residential address and phone number set out in the entries for Big Wigs at Inglewood Coach House in Stalybridge here:

http://www.talentstar.net/directory/sea … tegoryID=1

http://www.vocalist.org.uk/agency_listings.html

<br>He’s also listed as a Tipster in connection with a company called Victorangle since 1996.

None of which is a recommendation for his service, but he at least seems comfortable enough in what he’s doing to use his real name.

best regards

wit<br>(coincidental recipient of first letter from him this morning)

jrmcvic
    • Total Posts 2

You should have taken Jeffs advice, his horse won at 7/2.  Not all of the public are fools mate, I won close to a grand thanks to jeff!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4724

Yes, thanks Jeff. I’m now smoking Cuban cigars and drinking Champagne thanks to Jeff. Shows what all you cynics know. When do I next ring Jeff mate?

Matron
    Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5511

Jeff, is going proof all his tips on here for a month?

This will prove to us all how good he is.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4724

No it won’t. Fair play to the bloke if he’s going to proof them but whether he wins 20 pts or loses 20 pts in a month won’t tell us anything really.

betlarge
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2655

You should have taken Jeffs advice, his horse won at 7/2.  Not all of the public are fools mate, I won close to a grand thanks to jeff!

<br>Mounty, you owe me three-and-a-half!!!!

Mike

Perpetual
    Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 461

Quote: from Sailing Shoes on 10:52 am on Mar. 30, 2007[br]Mounty,

If so, it might be worth sending him something rather heavy or bothersome as being free-post, he will have to pay the charge on delivery. <br> <br>

I usually send a spoonful of Singapore Noodles or similar. Is it an offence to send oriental food via the Royal Mail?

Mounty
    • Total Posts 490

Mike, cheque’s in the post – though I might have forgotten to put the correct postage on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.