The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Your most successful return?

Home Forums Horse Racing Your most successful return?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    johnzero
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4

2005 – an ante post double paying 146/1 on Hardy Eustace at 6 in the Champion Hurdle and Footstepsinthesand at 20 in the 2000G. Thought I was done when Harchibald cruised up but somehow still felt Hardy would do it. Backed both singly as well, so pretty happy with the outcome.

A few years later I’d been following an ex Irish fast horse called Hardstone after a promising run in a Royal Ascot handicap. Took a few losses on him after that but I got on him at 120 on the Exchange for a race at Ayr which he won in the final stride, heart pounding stuff.

John

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 301

Like Gingertiptser my best win probably came in the Greatwood a few years ago,however backing INTERCEPTION @ 25/1 for the 2015 Wokingham gave me greater satisfaction.It came soon after I had completed and posted my research on RaceCaller and on the Thursday afternoon,two days before the race.I suggested on the forerunner of Tails from the blackcountry thread that readers considered a e/way bet as I believed the mare was overpriced and all looked right for a good run.On the morning of the race to my surprise prices up to 33/1 were still available.Opened up on course at around 16/1 a very late plunge took the price down to 10’s and watched her romp to victory.
    happy days!
    good luck to all

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 27751

Not quite right BK.
    My bet came on the day of the Greatwood, backing Rooster Booster for the Champion Hurdle after he’d won the handicap so impressively.

value is everything
    Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 301

Appologies Gingertipster

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.