The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Your favourite moment of 2011

Home Forums Horse Racing Your favourite moment of 2011

Viewing 3 posts - 18 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mighty M
    • Total Posts 26

Gold Cup day 2011. From the early start on the gallops, getting to see Hurricane Fly led out for a pick of grass, to almost turning myself inside out screaming them home in the Gold Cup. Much as I love both horses, my heart really wanted Denman to beat Long Run, and the reception The Tank got on his return made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Wandering over to the testing boxes afterwards to see both horses, and missing the next race(s).

I’m so glad I made the most of what’s turned out to be my last chance to see Denman on a racecourse.

Ok, a bit long to be a moment… so there was a moment when Denman outjumped Kauto and I thought the race was his, and could happily have died right then.

My own thoughts exactly; well expressed

IronMike
    • Total Posts 18

A few favourites for me:-

Long Run powering past Kauto and Denman, up the hill, to win the Gold Cup.

Frankel leaving the field for dead in the 2000 Guineas.

Kauto Star jumping the field silly to win the Betfair Chase then going on to win the KG for a record 5th time.

theplasticpaddy
    • Total Posts 57

Gold Cup day 2011. From the early start on the gallops, getting to see Hurricane Fly led out for a pick of grass, to almost turning myself inside out screaming them home in the Gold Cup. Much as I love both horses, my heart really wanted Denman to beat Long Run, and the reception The Tank got on his return made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Wandering over to the testing boxes afterwards to see both horses, and missing the next race(s).

I’m so glad I made the most of what’s turned out to be my last chance to see Denman on a racecourse.

Ok, a bit long to be a moment… so there was a moment when Denman outjumped Kauto and I thought the race was his, and could happily have died right then.

Pleased I am not the only one who thought the reception for Denman was unbelievable, saw him win his first novice hurdle at Wincanton and saw that head down, everything given performance in March. Tears coming to my eyes thinking about how hard horses will try for you, and non have tried harder than Denman. So pleased he retired in one piece!!! Gwan big Fella!!

Viewing 3 posts - 18 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.