York Meeting, best yet.?

Home Forums Horse Racing York Meeting, best yet.?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Kris Kris 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20808

I really enjoyed it, had everything.
    Battaash smashing the fastest time and getting top rated in doing so
    Stradivarius scooping the million pound bonus for the second year on the trot
    Enable winning possibly her last race on British soil and seeing Frankie with his crocodile tears afterwards
    Hannon banging in two decent 2 y/o winners in Threat and Mums Tipple
    Matt Chapman making everybody cringe
    you can’t beat it

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Ghost of Rob V
    Ghost of Rob V
    Participant
    • Total Posts 719

My favourite York meeting was in 2012 for the sole reason of Frankel laying waste to all before him in the Juddmonte International. It left me wondering that we never got to the bottom of this magnificent horse.

However, the meeting this year will stay long in the memory. For me, the highlight was seeing Mums Tipple obliterating his rivals in the UK Premier Yearling Stakes and shaving over a second off the Lowther Stakes. Superb performance! It’d be great to see Team Hannon go back to the good old glory days of Canford Cliffs, Toronado, Paco Boy, etc :-)

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

Was at the meeting on the Wednesday & Thursday and 100% recommend this meeting to anyone. Very enjoyable.

Brilliant facilities, racing, atmosphere, people, prices – truly is a tremenjous experience to be on course. Never wait more than a minute for food, drink, bet or the toilet.

Parade ring pre and post race for Enable was something i’ll remember for a long time. 10+ deep all the way around.

If you’ve never been before you should have this meeting at the top of the list :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4514

I love this meeting Nath :good:
    I think as a spectacle there were some memorable sights (Mums Tipple Enable Battash Stradivarius) but there was also some great races too!!
    Perhaps I am biased cos it is a long time since I backed a 66/1 horse winner !!
    As far as it being the best ever I am not sure about that one. It is difficult to compare seeing Frankel to seeing Enable and Battash :scratch: :scratch:

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1298

Whatever you personally like about flat racing, this meeting had a little of everything to suit your tastes:

Devilishly difficult handicaps at all distances peppered through the week leaving you scratching your head.
    The brazen speed of a great sprinter in full flight (Battaash),
    The tough as teak stayer that gets the job done at every dance whilst still keeping a little bit for himself (Stradivarius),
    The brave, consistent star going out on his shield with all guns blazing (Crystal Ocean),
    The unexposed late developing 3yr old that you don’t know how good they can be (Logician),
    The top billed superstar strutting their stuff (Enable),
    And a £1m Ebor to round it off.

York should be commended for a great festival of racing, which seems to get better every year.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20808

I forgot to mention the International
    a great spectacle that was and I think Japan will develop into the top horse next year

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

It was a great meeting Nathan, but I don’t think it was quite the best yet.

I can’t add more than Kev has already said, I was there on the Wednesday and Thursday, and the atmosphere was incredible, though it usually is.

Whether it was the best meeting or not, it doesn’t matter, I’m looking forward to next year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.